Which EDD should I use?

blaze07

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have a doctors appointment until 3/20. In the meantime, I'd like to track my pregnancy but I'm not sure which of the following to use. Can anyone who has been through this give me some advice (my first pregnancy). Thank you!!

First day of LMP was 1/23: EDD 10/30 6w1d

Knowing I had a pretty consistent 35d cycle, I can use the LMP paired with that: EDD 11/5 5w2d

I did temperature charting (using a normal digital thermometer) and it looks like the big O took place on 2/16, but with a 35 day cycle that would mean only an approx 10 day luteal phase which I'm not sure makes sense: EDD 11/9 4w5d

Drs will always go based on lmp for edd. I would go based on that until your dating scan as at any apts they will always ask your lmp date and go on that for now. Now as for the 35 day cycle you may be closer to your second edd you wrote. But you wont know for sure until your dating scan to see where baby is put for how far along you are.

My last ultrasound was for something called California Prenatal Testing (scans for fetal abnormalities and such.) They gave me a new due date too (5/19 when it was originally 5/25.) On my test results through my doctor, it said it was ok because there is a 10 day error period. When I asked about induced labor, they said they always go by implantation date and wouldn't let me go more than two weeks past 5/25.

So I take it they expect babies to come + or - 10 days of the lmp due date lol. At least here they do. I'm using lmp to track my progress.

Im using lmp too...so far when i had a small scan at the maternity drs baby was measuring right on time with the dates. But i have my dating scan on wed and will know for sure if the edd is the same as what i calculated online on a edd calculator. But for those with more than a standard 28 day cycle it can differ. But always to start out i suggest going by lmp as thats what drs start out with as well until a dating scan.

I'm pg right after a m/c and it's the second time this has happened. What I do is count back 2 weeks from my positive opk and use that as my lmp date. Last pg this happened, baby measured right on with my ov dates so FX this baby does the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->