Which of these 4? Need help!

Loup89

Reaction score
We can't seem to agree on a name for our little girl. I like popular names and my husband would rather something a bit different but does like some common ones. We've sort of got a list but I'm unsure on some and need some help!

Isabelle - both like it and would like to shorten to Belle but we both really don't like Izzy, do you think people would shorten it to that anyway?

Scarlett - Not sure what people would shorten this too? Some people have said it's a bit chavvy? :(

Keira - DH's fave name, nothing against it just not sure it's a particularly pretty name? Plus he wont spell it any other way and I know people will spell it wrong.

Isla - my husband heard this first from me and thinks it's unusual but I know 5 babies in the last 6 months called Isla, still a lovely name but I'm worried he'll hate it once shes at school in a class of 10 Islas :p

Any other suggestions welcome :)

I like Isabelle, I think if you didn't shorten it to Izzy then not many other people would either.

I love Isabelle and Isla. Although people seem to like shortening names if you are already using a shortened form (Belle) I don't think people will shorten it to Izzy.

I like Isla best from your names. Isabelle is so popular here, I know of at least seven aged under 5. I quite like Belle as a name in its own right though :)

All the names I mentioned aren't too popular here which is nice, Isabelle probably most out of any.
I love Belle on it's own too but DH isn't sure, we wanted Elizabeth as a middle name too but feel Isabelle is too long/ doesn't go with it, Just seen that Katie piper has called her daughter Belle Elizabeth I think it sounds beautiful.

Keira is my favourite from your list and this is how I would spell it x

I love Keira, the rest are all nice but I do think Isabelle could easily be called Izzy. I like Isla too, but it as unique as it used to be. My least favorite is Scarlet, it makes me think of bleeding wounds which I know is my own hang up. Good luck.

I like keira and scarlett

I would spell keira like that if i didnt know spelling if that makes sense

Im not a fan of isla but mainly because i want to say is-la not eye-la

I like Isla the most but agree that Belle/Bella are also beautiful names.

I love Isabelle..... But then I am bias hehe

she's mostly called belle

Xx

They are all pretty but I would say Isabelle, I am biased though as DH and I are leaning towards Bella for our LO.

X

Scarlett is the name we have picked this time and I am not sure if I love it! I totally know where you are coming from about names as many people have told me Scarlett is pretentious!!! I've been so offended by some comments! I'm also afraid there will be lots of little chavs called Scarlett!!

I live in Ireland and Scarlett is not popular at all here and that's why I loved it too

Anyway I'm still deciding names and I guess you'll never get a name that is totally unique or free from being used by mums from all scenarios!!!

It's difficult choosing! Good luck with your choice.

Isabelle is lovely.

Isla is really popular...my eldest is in a gymnastics class of 8 girls and three of them are Islas.
I really like Scarlett for number two until my mum said "what? Scarlett the harlot?" which was the end of that!
Not keen on Keira sorry.
X

If your husband is so set on Keira, then perhaps he could at least let you have a say in how its spelled? You are going to be sacrificing your body to have this baby lol. I just think us moms really should gave more say.

That being said, I like Isabelle and Isla if your names :) I don't think anyone would nickname her izzy if you didn't.

Personally my vote would be for isla, it's my very favorite girl name but hubby despises it so we can't use it :(

It's so pretty and in my opinion really suits a little girl as well as an adult.. I've always thought it was quite unique but sounds like you know of a few!

I've also always liked scarlett but now it makes me think of Scarlett Johansson so it kinda puts me off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->