Which one? Clueless!

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I am looking for a baby sling/wrap to use when baby arrives.
I have a Moby wrap but think it will be too hot to use as baby will be born in July and apparently it gets REALLY hot here then so needs to be something I can use in hot weather and something I can use from newborn, any ideas?

I have so far seen one that I like the look of, the ring sling, but not sure if there are different ones of these? What are your opinions on using these? Are they any good?

Thankyou x

ETA.. Oh and don't want to spend too much so nothing too expensive! And I am in Germany so any ideas which websites I can order from that will deliver here? :flow:

Isn't Germany quite big on babywearing? https://www.tragenetzwerk.de/ Is that any help?

I was clueless when it came to which to choose, also!

But, I must of gotten lucky because my woven wrap is AMAZING! I can't tell you how much I love it :) I didn't find it hard to use, I just watched a couple YouTube videos. It wasn't hard to get on at all, now after 2 months I can do it in 30 seconds, usually while holding LO. (My concern was that woven would be harder to use, it seems like I read that online a lot)
It's also really, really soft, pretty and super comfortable. I've used it since she was born, no problems. My LO sleeps in it constantly and has become addicted. I wear her for hours & never get uncomfortable!
Oh, and it's really hot here in texas and we've been ok using it...obviously not sitting in the direct sun or anything like that, we use an umbrella or stay in the shade but we're talking 90+ degrees as of now.
Anyways, my vote is for a woven wrap - mine is Dolcino

I'd also say a woven wrap is a good option. I couldn't use a stretchy even in the UK as I run hot, but a cotton Didymos is lovely even when you wrap it round several times and there are cooler options than that I'm sure. Some people do find stretchy wraps easier for newborns but you can do carries with a woven where you tie the wrap first then pop baby in, which takes most of the complicated stuff out of it.

I'm not a fan of carriers on one shoulder because I feel weird having something on just one side (although a handbag never bothers me!), especially when it's a heavy thing like an older baby, and I think I'd worry too much about getting it right for a newborn. Woven wraps are really versatile and you can buy sling rings that would let you use a woven like a ring sling, if you wanted that option.

I'd go preloved if you wanted to keep the cost down, and then you also get the advantage that it'll be nice and soft from wear, although my new woven wrap was soft straight away.

Agreed. I think a wrap is better for newborns cos they can be all snuggled up in there but a woven one would be much better in hot weather.

Isn't Germany quite big on babywearing? https://www.tragenetzwerk.de/ Is that any help?

My damn ipad won't translate the link to English but Thankyou!
I've no idea, we haven't lived over here very long. I've never seen anyone baby wearing though! Or any wraps etc in the shops.

I was clueless when it came to which to choose, also!

But, I must of gotten lucky because my woven wrap is AMAZING! I can't tell you how much I love it :) I didn't find it hard to use, I just watched a couple YouTube videos. It wasn't hard to get on at all, now after 2 months I can do it in 30 seconds, usually while holding LO. (My concern was that woven would be harder to use, it seems like I read that online a lot)
It's also really, really soft, pretty and super comfortable. I've used it since she was born, no problems. My LO sleeps in it constantly and has become addicted. I wear her for hours & never get uncomfortable!
Oh, and it's really hot here in texas and we've been ok using it...obviously not sitting in the direct sun or anything like that, we use an umbrella or stay in the shade but we're talking 90+ degrees as of now.
Anyways, my vote is for a woven wrap - mine is Dolcino

I'm glad you found one that you love! I'm going to look it up now x

Thankyou for the suggestions ladies, going to have a look online now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->