Which pregnancy test is best in uk?

pebbles10

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I was just wondering what you think are the best tests to use?
I know clear blue and first response, but there are quite expensive.
Are there any slightly cheaper but good test out there?
Any help would be great.
Sending baby dust to everyone.xxx

I always used tesco cheapies, £3.50 for 2. I doubt there's much difference between them. However after 4 positives with tesco tests,the doctors one then came up negative! (I was actually pregnant, the dr was wrong!)

I have heard good things about the superdrug ones, but I use one step - buy them in bulk off ebay. Then if 1 of those comes up positive then I'll go buy a more expensive one to confirm :)

Internet cheapies always got my bfp quickest.

Dd2 7/8 dpo

This time 10dpo

If but some first response and digi tests for those times when you think you saw a line for confirmation.

Wilkinsons do a 2 pack of dip strips which are basically the same as ics for £2 which is what I use, they are 20mui sensitive which is pretty good. I have never had a bfp so I can't confirm how good they are for getting a quick positive but theoretically they are good, I have never had a evap with them. I plan to keep using them until I get a positive on them and then will go buy a more expensive digital

Thanks ladies. I might try them all haha. Some places I didn't even know about. Wilkinsons!
You guys are always so helpful, at least I can save myself a little bit of money and if fx I get bfp then I'll buy more expensive one.xxx

I always used tesco cheapies, £3.50 for 2. I doubt there's much difference between them. However after 4 positives with tesco tests,the doctors one then came up negative! (I was actually pregnant, the dr was wrong!)

They sound good, better then the doctors one!!!!
Might invest in sone.

Will second the tescos ones. They picked up both my pregnancies early and gave really strong clear lines. No mistaking. They're a bargain too!

X

I love the superdrug ones they're really sensitive and always on offer. At the moment they're buy one get one half price and works out about £6 for 4 tests :)

Wilkinsons do opks as well, which are a couple of pound for a pack of 5, they definitely do work because I have been using them.

I get ICs from amazon and then have an FRER ready for if I ever get a line

Well my I took a test yesterday (cheap one) and line didn't show up!
I think it was faulty. I'm not due on till next weds so might just wait a few days and try again with a better test!
Good luck everyone and thanks for your replies.xx

I buy ICs off eBay or Amazon. I loved them during my first pregnancy (an IC picked up pregnancy first at 11dpo) but this time around, they have lagged behind other brands. I even showed up on a digital and the IC was showing a VERY VERY faint line only.

Clearblue blue dye was TERRIBLE. Wouldnt use again.
Poundstretcher tests were alright (the plastic midstream types, similar to posher ICs)
FRER great

In my first pregnancy I used tescos test which were good too.

I always try a clearblue digital when I am more convinced of pregnancy and they have been good too.

I guess I use ICs so I can use loads without the spending, but when I get to so many dpo and really want to know I try other ones.

Without a doubt for me its FRER (first response early result). They're not cheap but not as bad if you buy them on home-health-uk's website. (£6.95 for 2 as opposed to between £10.50 - £12.95 boots, tesco, etc) Postage is free and quick as well - 2 days free or next day for 50p. Bought all my opk's from here too which are cheap and work well.

I had a mare in January trying to work out if I was pregnant. I used one step cheapies (same website) and thought I saw a line so used a clear blue digi (so expensive!) on day AF was due and came up negative! (Meant to be 99% accurate) Then carried on using cheapies. Really faint line but not a darker line. So waited until AF was 4 days late and used boots as had run out of cheapies and had boots points to use (still didn't wanna spend money after cb digi). Both negative in the result time, then after an hour of googling, broke the tests open and could see a second line on both tests (using fmu and concentrated afternoon urine). Exasperated to say the least! Went out and purchased FRER after googling and using this forum and found that everyone said good things about FRER. Used same fmu that I'd kept in its container and it came up in 20 seconds and developed to DARK line in 1 minute.

Unfortunately I miscarried at 6 weeks so back in the game with you ladies this month! But I will now use FRER from now on!!!

Sorry the post is so long but thought I should share :)

Good luck to everyone TTC xxxx

Hi ladies I'm sad and did another test I think I'm cd24 I think po either 10/11 ( first time working this out as usually hospital does this, wanted to try and work it out too, very confused. Af due 19/2)and test came out negative:cry:
Not sure if it's still to early to get result??
I hope it changes in the next few days.
Please please please.xxxx

Thanks for all the replies.xxx

Without a doubt for me its FRER (first response early result). They're not cheap but not as bad if you buy them on home-health-uk's website. (£6.95 for 2 as opposed to between £10.50 - £12.95 boots, tesco, etc) Postage is free and quick as well - 2 days free or next day for 50p. Bought all my opk's from here too which are cheap and work well.

I had a mare in January trying to work out if I was pregnant. I used one step cheapies (same website) and thought I saw a line so used a clear blue digi (so expensive!) on day AF was due and came up negative! (Meant to be 99% accurate) Then carried on using cheapies. Really faint line but not a darker line. So waited until AF was 4 days late and used boots as had run out of cheapies and had boots points to use (still didn't wanna spend money after cb digi). Both negative in the result time, then after an hour of googling, broke the tests open and could see a second line on both tests (using fmu and concentrated afternoon urine). Exasperated to say the least! Went out and purchased FRER after googling and using this forum and found that everyone said good things about FRER. Used same fmu that I'd kept in its container and it came up in 20 seconds and developed to DARK line in 1 minute.

Unfortunately I miscarried at 6 weeks so back in the game with you ladies this month! But I will now use FRER from now on!!!

Sorry the post is so long but thought I should share :)

Good luck to everyone TTC xxxx

Sorry for your loss. Good luck this month.xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"