Which spelling do you prefer?

hakunamatata

Mommy to Ariana & Robert
Reaction score
My next girl might be a Caitlin, and I'm curious which spelling you all like the best.

Thanks! :flower:

I'm the first to vote lol. But I like Katelyn mainly because i love the name Kate

If you don't want her to have to spell it out all her life then maybe Caitlin is the best idea!

I voted the same as the above poster, yet I have always spelled it as Katelyn and was floored when I saw the Caitlin spelling.

Funny different experiences for each person!

I think you might find different opinions geographically. I was raised in the UK and for me the traditional Irish spelling of Caitlin is my favourite, and all other variants are not even close, but like the poster above said, shed never seen it spelled that way. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen it spelled the Irish way amongst US/Canadian parents :shrug:

Our eldest is Caitlyn so thats what I votes, as pp said the traditional irish spelling is Caitlin, i just prefered it with a y.

I dont like it with a K as i think its more likely to be shortened to Kate, which we didnt want x

I prefer Caitlyn but I would always choose a Welsh variant of anything :haha:

I'm thinking of using Kaitlyn. I like it with a K, don't know why..

My nieces name is Caitlyn. It seems more normal then the other versions to me :shrug:

It's interesting to see how the poll is trending :thumbup:

Thanks so much for your votes and replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->