who can go MOST overdue?!

Its a good sign that baby is coming if you slept well...today or tomrrow could be your day :thumbup:

My first i had no sign whatsoever - 35 weeks exactly stood up to clear plates after lovely dinner of roast beef and GUSH waters went! They didnt do anything to trigger any contractions etc hospital just sent us home and monitored/scanned daily and he came along at 35+4 on his own, this time is killing me being late but still want him to do it himself - his big bro did so he certainly can follow, hes only already in a one way street....saying that he is a boy so may be in need of diretions cos dont think theres satnav in there...:rofl:

I hope it's a sign he's coming soo, otherwise I'll be giving birth to a toddler at this rate!!! lol

I got a text from a friend at work to tell me that a guy we work with his wife who is due on 13/08(my induction date!)her waters have broken!!!:hissy::hissy: Not fair!!!:hissy::hissy: I just hope it goes all ok for her but, I now really, really, really it want it to be my turn!

I'm 40+1 today. Still here. Still no signs lol! My eldest daughter has just come back from camping with about 75 loads of laundry for me so it'd be very inconvenient for me to go in to labour now lol!!!

Good luck ladies!

Hopefully I'll be having a sweep on Fri if nothing has happened by then. MW recommended going straight upstairs afterwards to get jiggy with it before going for a walk!

We have tried the whole sex thing - hasnt worked so far!!
Have had a couple more painfull contraction type tightenings this afternoon, but nothing more, so looks like I am in for my third sweep tomo!!!
xxx

I've been getting tons of bh contractions still, but not regularly like I was on Monday night (every 10-15 minutes for hours straight). Hopefully I've started to dilate or at least my cervix has come forward since the mw tried to pull it forward yesterday and I can get a sweep at my appointment tomorrow morning. Here's hoping you ladies who have gotten sweeps that something comes of them. Good luck all! :hugs:

just a thought but have we had ANY babies yet....?

I don't think so!! come on babies!!

Not me, still just waiting around :wacko: 40w 6d today!

Bubs was a bit quiet the day before yesterday (still kicking, but much less and much more softly than usual) so I was sent to the hospital for monitoring. He looked great though so everybody was happy. Then yesterday he was back to kicking me as much and as hard as usual!

If nothing has happened by Sunday the midwife will come over and do a sweep, then again on Tuesday if still nothing has happened ... then on Thursday next week I will be 42 weeks if I'm still pregnant, so then they refer me to the hospital for checks and we'll come up with a 'Plan B' if necessary. Every night when I go to bed I pray that I'll wake up in the night with contractions :haha:

Well i have had a lot of contractions this afternoon which had started to increase in intensity but are now dying off again grrrrrrr. I HATE my body right now! Looks like i'm headed for sweep tomorrow - boo. Here's hoping some of you lovely ladies get a wake up call tonight and we some babies being born! x

Well i have had a lot of contractions this afternoon which had started to increase in intensity but are now dying off again grrrrrrr. I HATE my body right now! Looks like i'm headed for sweep tomorrow - boo. Here's hoping some of you lovely ladies get a wake up call tonight and we some babies being born! x

It's frustrating, isn't it?! Good luck with your sweep tomorrow...I just hope I can have one....stupid cervix not dilating.:growlmad:

Looks like tomo is going to be another day of sweeps then girls!! Have to compare notes again after!
xxx

Still here ladies!!! I have even forgotten how many days overdue I am, I think, about a billion and one! Lost a lot more plug last night, also have a huge amount of discharge. Lets hope this sweep is third time lucky for me eh?
xxx

i'm still here too. V. mild contractions have started up again, but they go nowhere. I don't know how much more of this i can take. Petrified that the midwife will tell me i'm unfavourable and can't have my sweep. Feeling super miserable today. :-(

Well all signs are looking good for you catlady. Definately hope it is 3rd time lucky for you - don't know how you are managing so well!

Good luck for all the sweeps today ladies - really hope you can have one Kmac! xx

Cat and Emma, hope you get your sweeps and things get moving!!

Anyone here from Mel and Sara?

As for me I@m really mad at myself for even considering that the period pains/tummy cramps yesterday might have been leading to something... they've totally gone overnight, as has any sign of show/plug, and all I'mleft with is my 'ring of fire' :cry:
I iwsh I hadn't even let myself entertain the notion that something might be happening, as now I feel really disappointed whereas yesterday I was quite happy and content to be waiting :(

i'm still here too. V. mild contractions have started up again, but they go nowhere. I don't know how much more of this i can take. Petrified that the midwife will tell me i'm unfavourable and can't have my sweep. Feeling super miserable today. :-(

Well all signs are looking good for you catlady. Definately hope it is 3rd time lucky for you - don't know how you are managing so well!

Good luck for all the sweeps today ladies - really hope you can have one Kmac! xx

Oh hun, I am not coping well at all, I am in tears most days and my poor dh is just constantly getting it in the neck. Please dont think you are the only one not coping. :hugs:
I have had the same on/off contractions for the last week too, and I am 2cm dilated, am sure you will beable to have your sweep, even if its not a sweep at this stage I am sure you will be open enough for a stretch at least!!
We will all have to come back later and discuss the sweeps, after them, although you feel abit gooky and a touch sore it is such a good feeling and you feel really positive!
Havent heard from Sara or Mel yet, am hoping everything went well. My mw has said as long as the initial part of the induction process goes well, i.e. the tablet or gel part then I can still have my water birth in the mw unit. Its only if I need the drip then I will be transfered to labour ward.
Holywoodmum, dont worry, they are all good signs, its those pains that will be causing the initial dilation!! Ring of fire?? Am assuming you mean sore bum? I cant stop farting this mo, I know I am vegetarian, but am not usually a windy one!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Huge hugs all, I know it is getting us all down.
xxx

Holywoodmum, dont worry, they are all good signs, its those pains that will be causing the initial dilation!! Ring of fire?? Am assuming you mean sore bum? I cant stop farting this mo, I know I am vegetarian, but am not usually a windy one!
xxx

thanks sweetie :) yeah, v sore bum!! good luck today :) oh and it's good you can still go to MW unit... mine's same, unless they have to break my waters or start drip I can transfer to 'home from home' :)

xxx

thanks sweetie :) yeah, v sore bum!! good luck today :) oh and it's good you can still go to MW unit... mine's same, unless they have to break my waters or start drip I can transfer to 'home from home' :)

Lots of clearing out hun, can only be a good sign!! Lots of room for bubs to pass through! I think I can even be at the mw unit for the water breaking part, because I will start off there and that is the first thing they do - try to break waters. But then my mw unit is still within the hospital and a 3 minute bed ride from labour ward! I have to say I am still not ruling out an epidural!
xxx

xxx

Lots of clearing out hun, can only be a good sign!! Lots of room for bubs to pass through! I think I can even be at the mw unit for the water breaking part, because I will start off there and that is the first thing they do - try to break waters. But then my mw unit is still within the hospital and a 3 minute bed ride from labour ward! I have to say I am still not ruling out an epidural!
xxx

Same here, although you get induced in a seperate induction bit and then transferred to either MW led or labout ward... we can have gas&air/water/pethidine on MW bit, but anything else needs transferred...

Can you still have a water birth if you need to go on the drip for induction? For some reason i had it in my head you can't because of all the monitoring thats needed. This is something i am worried about (secondary to hubby having to leave if i haven't progressed enough by the end of visiting hours).

oh hollywoodmum i feel your pain. I am soooooo annoyed with myself for getting my hopes up yesterday as i feel i should know better by now. But i had regular contractions all afternoon and all night, even after a bath. And yet, here i am doing it again, i can't help it! I'm my own worse enemy. I want to scream!

Can you still have a water birth if you need to go on the drip for induction? For some reason i had it in my head you can't because of all the monitoring thats needed. This is something i am worried about (secondary to hubby having to leave if i haven't progressed enough by the end of visiting hours).

Not if you have to go on the drip unfortunately, then in my hospital we would get transferred to the hospital ward as more monitoring is required. I dont want my dh to have to leave either, but I know he will only be 15 minutes away if I need him. I dont think they make you turn off your phones either so you can phone him and tx him. I think it is silly they make dhs leave during induction at night because it winds us up more pre induction anyway!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->