Who do ur children look like?

mummy2_1

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
I'm absolutely gutted everyone I see and speak t say my babies both look like their dad. They are both the double of each other (son is 3, daughter is 8months) they have blonde hair blue eyes. Something me and their dad don't have. I'm just gutted they have nothing of me. I don't know if it's a primal feeling as they both have his last name. So I'm the odd one out. They have his features. And his name. (I love their daddy very much, we have been together forever) I guess Id just like to see something of myself in them. They are both absolutely beautiful so I don't wish them to change. I dunno just a little pfft.

Who do ur children take after??

I think it can change as they get older. When ds was smaller everyone said she looked like her dad. Now everyone says she looks like me. She totally has her dads personality though and people dont notice that so much. Ds looks like his dad. I am fare skinned but they both have olive skin and dark hair. His personality is much more like me though.

Everyone says my daughter looks like me, but I can't really see it. I don't know who she looks like, lol.
My son is the image of his daddy!

My son is my little double, though happily with my OH's olive skin. My daughter is very like me in colouring and physique, but she looks like a mix of my mother and my FIL (creepily!).

My wee one looked really like her dad as a newborn, but now she is almost identical to me at her age. People can't tell pictures of us apart. It helps that my oh and I look slightly similar (we are both short with blue eyes and we were both really blonde as kids) - my wee one has my face shape but my Ohs eyes and mouth/chin area, my nose and my small ears.

What's you kids personalities like? Although in looks she is very much my double, in personality she is more like her dad already!

My eldest looks like his dad, I believe the younger two are more like me

They both have my humour,my temperament, pretty much both have my personality but then they are with me for the majority of the time.

Mine are a mix I think. My kids are lucky to have their dads lovely olive skin, but I think their features are more me. Certain expressions are definitely their Dad. It doesn't bother me at all who they look like, they're soneone we both creates and they're their own little individual person.

My children definitely have their own characters. I just gt a little upset when people (it happens Alot) say they are the double of their dad. Im so proud and happy and out of this world blessed to have two healthy happy beautiful children. I step back and think wow I actually made them. With a little help of course. But they grew in me. I gave birth to them. Why can't I see any if me in them??

My kids are half Chinese (I am white) so I often get told that they favour their dad. But they do change and go through periods of time where they look more like me or my side of the family (I personally feel my son favours me while my daughter favours my husband). It also depends on the person I'm talking to. Most of hubby's family naturally see themselves in my children (including my son's curly hair :saywhat: :rofl:)

When DD was a newborn she was the spitting image of me as a newborn. As she gets older everyone says she looks like her daddy, except she has my blue eyes (OH has green eyes so her eye color could still change to green). I don't mind at all, except OH has a bit of a big nose so I silently hope she grows up to have my nose!

I know there still growing and will eventually take on an individual look of their very own. I get asked if I'm looking after a friends children. and once when my son was in hospital long before my youngest was born, I was asked when mum would be arriving, people looked shocked when I say they are my children. I guess this is where my original annoyance stems from.

Everyone says that my son is my husband's twin. I don't see it but I'll take their word for it. My daughter doesn't look like either of us... she looks like she could be the sister of one of my nieces (my sister's kids)

Both mine have blonde hair blue eyes and pale skin like their grandma and nana! I am their opposite as I have olive skin dark brown eyes and dark hair haha neither of mine look like me really my dd has my horrible fine hair bless her and that's about it she actually looks more like my mum! And my ds looks like his dad. I love my babies but would love 1 more in a few years with my new partner and would love a child with my olive skin and dark brown eyes but I know I may not get it but feel blessed to have beautiful children.

I know there still growing and will eventually take on an individual look of their very own. I get asked if I'm looking after a friends children. and once when my son was in hospital long before my youngest was born, I was asked when mum would be arriving, people looked shocked when I say they are my children. I guess this is where my original annoyance stems from.

Haha Awww!!! That happens to me all the time too! I just think it's so funny- doesn't bother me much but it sure shows there's no safety in "assuming" relationships. Not that long ago I agreed to take my friends kiddos to the store (they look like me because brown hair/green eyes) and I had two people point to them and say something like "aww they look just like you! How sweet!" And then "and who's that cute little blondie??".... Meaning MY daughter!!! :haha:

Genetics are funny!! Plus kids change sooooo much over time...! As said, DD looks just like DH - spitting image, but now we can see her features changing into her own

OP - Do your little ones ACT like you, despite looking like their dad? That's my problem! DD may be carbon copy of DH but unfortunately she acts bossy like me :headspin:

Haha Awww!!! That happens to me all the time too! I just think it's so funny- doesn't bother me much but it sure shows there's no safety in "assuming" relationships. Not that long ago I agreed to take my friends kiddos to the store (they look like me because brown hair/green eyes) and I had two people point to them and say something like "aww they look just like you! How sweet!" And then "and who's that cute little blondie??".... Meaning MY daughter!!! :haha:

Genetics are funny!! Plus kids change sooooo much over time...! As said, DD looks just like DH - spitting image, but now we can see her features changing into her own

OP - Do your little ones ACT like you, despite looking like their dad? That's my problem! DD may be carbon copy of DH but unfortunately she acts bossy like me :headspin:

Haha actually both my little ones have my temper, and patience (or lack of) but then they are always with me. They go to work with me, wake up and spend half of day with me before work. Come home with me, make tea with me, bathed by me. So I'm not at all surprised they are that way like me.

My ml brought out baby photos and adolescent photos of my oh. He is strikingly alike my son. It's spooky. My little girl is now one. She is taking more of her own look. Beautiful soft girly features. I've had some friends say she has my smile and eyes. Which I love to hear. She's just so beautiful. Both my babies are perfect. Of course I am biased but they rli are beautiful.

My older children look really like DH especially DD1. And I think DS2 looks like my brother so more my side but not really like me. Our youngest is very like me and almost identical in baby pics. However according to all of DHs family ALL of our children look exactly like DH? Yet they all look different. I just usually say something like 'people tend to see what they want to see' but it used to really infuriate me x

Everyone says my ds looks like dh. I've never really seen it though. He's got my colouring and certainly has my temperament (try arguing with a 3yo version of yourself - it's not fun!). TBH he's gorgeous so I don't think it matters who he looks like as the person he most looks like is himself!

Both of my dds have gone through different stages where they either look more like my dh, me, or other family members. I understand about people not thinking your babies are yours. My close friend is black/irish and her ds dad is very fair skinned with blue eyes. Her son got his coloring and eyes so when we would go places people would ask if her ds was mine! Shed always make it a joke but i knew it really did hurt her.

DD1 looks like me and DD2 looks like DD1 but not like me. I used to see OH in DD2 when she was younger but she's always looked like her sister from the second she was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->