Who else is already thinking about labor?

ChickenMommy

Mother of 2
Reaction score
I cant help but be nervous. Labor has been a fear of mine since the day I gave birth to our son.

My uterus is apparently VERY labor friendly. Blasted my son out in 1 hour 23 minutes. Start to finish. Went from eating chocolate mini donuts on the couch to water breaking and full transition stage in less than 3 minutes. An hour and 20 minutes later our son was born. We BARELY made it to the hospital. From the time I walked in the doors until he was born was a matter of 12 minutes. I was only in an actual birthing room for 5 minutes before he came rocketing out.

Im nervous as nervous can be. What if it happens even faster this time? What if we DONT make it to the hospital? What the heck do I do with my 2 kids?! Big sister had to come with us to DS birth, which was fine, but Im worried about bringing 2 kids this time. My husband is military so we dont have any family close to watch the kids, and Im a psycho when it comes to my kids. I wont leave them with anyone (there are reasons, it makes sense in my brain, regardless of how crazy it seems to everyone else).

I seriously feel like we should start considering a home birth.

Anyone else already thinking about labor? Tell me Im not alone!! :cry:

I'm nervous too 😊 .... I had a home birth with my second son ! It was AMAZING! ! .... I was supposed to have a home birth with my 3rd son .... all was going well and I got to the final stage of labour but he did get a little stuck and distressed so I ended up being taken by ambulance to hospital but it hasn't put me off opting for a home birth this time :) .... I've still got to talk my husband around though ;)

Congrats on the homebirth! I loved that my labor was short (I mean a little more time would have been great, but under 2 hours? ok by me). I just hate that he rocketed out the way he did. My body took over. I barely pushed at all. I tore so badly and he ended up breaking his collar bone. All because he came out way too fast.

All of the nurses were pissed that I was even "attempting" his labor because it was a VBAC. They were screaming at me to stop buuuut my kiddo wanted out, and out he came. I still joke that he had a stick of dynamite with him. Kaboom. Happy Birthday to me!

Oh my god ! That's crazy ! Poor you & poor bubba ! Xx Sonny was pretty quick bless him but not that quick 😊... the beauty of it is no 2 births are the same which is reassuring in a way but scarey in another 😊 xxxx

blimey! I can totally understand why you feel like that!

I too have already started thinking about this (I am 6 weeks preggo). we don't have anyone local to us at all and I'm really nervous already about who we would leave him with (im not actually nervous about the birth even though it was bloody awful haha). I was told after having DS that if I were to have another baby, as soon as labour started I would have to go straight into hospital. I'm feeling a little sad that hubby may have to end up staying with DS if its during the night etc and I would have to go in alone :(

Christ, its going to be a long 34 weeks to go haha.

I think I just love a plan and will feel much better once we have one in place for childcare! :) x

Thats what scares me. Im so afraid that my body will be like "oh we know how to do this" and one second Ill be asleep and the next I'll be ready to push. :haha:

haha sorry, that made me chuckle!
in all seriousness, have you thought of a home birth? it could be a good option for you?
even though I wouldn't be able to, I must admit I wouldn't want to do it. each to their own of course though!

Weve joked about just having the baby at home. But joke as in "this could be a real possibility". Weve decided to make sure we have everything we need here for a homebirth and that I need to have my bags packed and ready to go by 34 weeks.

One of my best friends has agreed to watch our kids, but shes an hour away. Sooo theres a very real possibility that she might not make it in time.

I need to do some more research and see if I can find a CNM in the area that accepts our insurance. If all else fails, I think our game plan as of right now is to call 911 as soon as my water breaks that way we'll at least have EMTs on hand if we cant make it to the hospital. Just sucks knowing that I could give birth in the ambulance while my husband follows us in the car with the kids.

He almost missed the birth of our first because of a deployment. He almost missed the birth of our second because the hospital staff made him run out to the car for my records. He came in the door as our son was crowning. Weve cut it close too many times. I dont want him to miss it.

Im terrified lol! I really would love an elective csection as i had a previous csection but something keeps telling me try natural.. Hmm i not quite decided yet :-/

Im terrified lol! I really would love an elective csection as i had a previous csection but something keeps telling me try natural.. Hmm i not quite decided yet :-/

I had a csection with our daughter. Not entirely by choice, rather fear tactics by the doctors. But in any case. I healed WAY faster from my Csection than my vaginal. I was up and about 3 hours after surgery. I felt GREAT. My vaginal? Heck no. Even now (almost 2.5 years later) it still hurts sometimes when I squat down. I couldnt have sex with my husband for the first 10 months after our son was born.

Ive said it time and time again, if the vaginal delivery wasnt better for baby, Id keep having csections.

Oh man, I would love for my birth to be quick! With my first it wasnt a bad experience and I stayed very open and positive throughout. I am not thinking abt it yet at all and will try to stay open and positive just like last time - I think it helps your muscles relax, etc.

I can empathise! All my labours have been quick, but my fourth was 37minutes from first contraction! I literally awoke at 5 AM on Christmas Eve to immense pain, stumbled down stairs, waters broke and my other half caught him, lol. My poor DH has since delivered another as our independant MW didn't make it in time. I'm petrified this time as the Nhs say number 6 has to be a hospital birth and we can afford an independant this time! I'm going to have to fight for a home birth and risk no one showing in time again. My DH is insisting we'll be in a birthing centre this time!

My first delivery took 2 hours of pushing. I was so tired I was ready to throw in the towel. I told my midwife "I'm done! Just give me a C-section!" She was like "It is too late for that, the baby's head is half out!" I did end up getting her out on my own but my midwife had to painfully reach her fingers between my skin and the baby's head to lift up my pubic bone so she could come out because she was catching on it. Talk about agony! I had no pain meds, no epidural, I was in the midst of the ring of fire and her fingers caused me to have third degree tearing on that side. Going to the bathroom after that was sheer agony. Peeing made me burn like my whole crotch was on fire (even the spray stuff they gave me did nothing to numb the pain) and I refused to poop for 2 weeks for fear that my butt was going to fall out. Needless to say I was frightened for the birth of my second child. However, he came almost three weeks early and came out in only a few pushes, within 10-15 minutes. I didn't tear once with him. With baby #3 I'm only concerned about the baby being a reasonable size and that I am able to make it to the hospital on time. With my DD I was at the hospital 3 hours before she was born, with my DS I was at the hospital 4 hours before he was born. I labored with them crazy quick, it was only the delivery of my DD that took forever.

My first delivery took 2 hours of pushing. I was so tired I was ready to throw in the towel. I told my midwife "I'm done! Just give me a C-section!" She was like "It is too late for that, the baby's head is half out!" I did end up getting her out on my own but my midwife had to painfully reach her fingers between my skin and the baby's head to lift up my pubic bone so she could come out because she was catching on it. Talk about agony! I had no pain meds, no epidural, I was in the midst of the ring of fire and her fingers caused me to have third degree tearing on that side. Going to the bathroom after that was sheer agony. Peeing made me burn like my whole crotch was on fire (even the spray stuff they gave me did nothing to numb the pain) and I refused to poop for 2 weeks for fear that my butt was going to fall out. Needless to say I was frightened for the birth of my second child. However, he came almost three weeks early and came out in only a few pushes, within 10-15 minutes. I didn't tear once with him. With baby #3 I'm only concerned about the baby being a reasonable size and that I am able to make it to the hospital on time. With my DD I was at the hospital 3 hours before she was born, with my DS I was at the hospital 4 hours before he was born. I labored with them crazy quick, it was only the delivery of my DD that took forever.

DD was an induction and I labored for 24 hours before "needing" a csection. I swear after that my body kicked into overdrive when I got pregnant with my son. Symptoms in early pregnancy happen faster, hcg rises faster. I actually have some boob growth, where as I had NONE with her. Apparently my body had no idea what it was doing the first time around. Now it likes to act like a pro

Im dreading labor already for the opposite reason, i was in labor for 27 hours with my first! it was bloody horrific and to cut a long story short ended with me being rushed to theater for an episiotomy so they could get him out asap with forceps :cry::cry:

Im really scared as i just didnt cope well and got myself into such a panic, until I had the epidural i really didnt think i could manage it lol

Im just praying this baby comes quicker and with no complications ekkkkkk x

I'm worrying about mine already yes. I ended up being induced at 42 weeks with my dd and after 24 hours of labour I had an emcs. I then had a major haemorrhage and I ended up in icu away from my dd. if I go for elective section I have been told I won't bleed again, but if I go for Vbac there's a good chance of labouring and giving birth normally with no issues. Really torn!

I am so nervous this time (and now that I'm 36 weeks along, I'm REALLY getting nervous!). This is my fourth, and my third delivery was VERY exciting with my baby almost being born on the floor and me jumping up into a hospital bed and her coming flying out onto it with no doctor or nurse. (It's on video. I can't tell you how many times I've watched it and just laughed.) My first was almost born on the way to the hospital. I am so scared of another fun delivery. Hahaha... My family members think they've been there for me giving birth enough times to catch the baby should I end up delivering at home. My doctor offered to induce me on my due date because she's terrified of me giving birth on the side of the road (which is definitely a possibility since I live over an hour away from the hospital)..... Just fun, fun, fun.

Keep your bathtub sanitized and read up on how to deliver at home, just in case. Hahaha

I'm only in the first trimester and have been through so much with this pregnancy that I'm TERRIFIED about what labor would be like. This is my first child so I have no idea what to expect XD

I'm also terrified of labor... I have no idea what to expect except hearing all my friends horror stories... This is my first. And I'm also terrified of a c section, the idea of having surgery while awake terrifies me.

I'm also terrified of labor... I have no idea what to expect except hearing all my friends horror stories... This is my first. And I'm also terrified of a c section, the idea of having surgery while awake terrifies me.

Everyone has their own experiences, obviously, but its really not that bad. Honestly. Fear is your enemy in labor. Take the time you have now to learn to trust your body. You were DESIGNED to do this. Your body was DESIGNED to grow a baby, to labor, and to deliver.

I was terrified with my first. And that fear held me back. I was scared out of my mind. The CSection wasnt bad. You dont feel anything but a lot of tugging and pulling. Not really painful, just uncomfortable. I was knocked out for surgery when I had my wisdom teeth cut out, I woke up 5 times during the procedure. Let me tell you, THAT was terrifying. I would so much rather be awake for a surgery than to be asleep and wake up. Plus youre on such a high knowing that youre about to meet your baby, you dont even care. I did throw up on the nurse after my daughter was born, that was pretty scary. Only because I was still being put back together and I was afraid I was going to choke haha.

With our second, I went into the pregnancy determined to have a better pregnancy, labor and birth experience. And I did. I knew that I could do it. I knew that my body wouldnt fail me. I just had to listen to it. It was amazing the difference. I have so many regrets and negative emotions connected to our daughters birth, and none from our sons.

You'll be ok. :hugs: The horror stories are the only "fun" ones to share. You hardly ever hear about positive birth stories, which is a shame, because theyre amazing. Have you considered looking into a Doula? We had one with our son and she was AMAZEBALLS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->