Who else is already thinking about labor?

I started thinking about labor almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant. The reason for this, though, is that I don't have a damn clue what I'm going to do with my older kids if I go into labor. I have one friend that would be able to rush over and watch them for me, but she will have a 3 month old around the time that I'm due and I really don't think that she's going to want to pack up her newborn and toddler to come take care of my kids (not that I would blame her for that). My family is all over an hour away from me, with most family being closer to two hours away. I don't have a babysitter for my kids and I wouldn't even know where to start trying to find one or how to go through the whole process of finding one.

My first daughter was born in under 3 hours, from my first contraction to her delivery, there was only 2 hours and 44 minutes. With my second daughter, I opted for an elective induction so that I could plan out when I would need family to get my older children. My labor with her wasn't quite as quick, but I think it still only totaled 5 hours.

This time I am strongly considering another elective induction so that I can plan things out a little better. I need to have my family come down and take care of my older children and, unlike last time, I can't have my kids go up to their grandparent's house...they start school right around the time I'm due so they have to stay home.

A bit worried as I was induced at gave birth after 23.5 hours and lost a lot of blood and don't actually remember my daughter when she was first born. But it's only temporary and I remember the rush of love and can't wait to experience that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->