Who goes on sunbeds/tanning beds?

Sunbeds are just not worth it for the sake of vanity :nope: I would rather be whiter than casper than take that risk tbh. I stupidly used to use them when I was a teenager, I regret it now :dohh: fake tan or no tan here.

I'd just go with the fake tan. I have the same problem as you, some parts of my body just don't tan even with the fake tan. It's kind of annoying but a little glow is better than nothing.

I used to use the sunbeds when I was 15, now I'm almost 21 and think what an idiot I was. Ones health is not worth jeopardising for a tan.

I agree, health is so much more important but i didn't used to see it like that. Obviously i would always put my health before anything but when you're younger, you just do it anyway without thinking then maybe regret it in later years. I've found a gradual tanner by Dove which is actually mainly a moisturiser, it is so good and makes your skin so nice and supple.. but it gives you a nice light bronze glow after a day or so which is good. Where i'm so obsessed with having a colour, I do want to have some sort of routine where I tan and then when it goes messy and horrible, exfoliate with salt and cooking oil in a mixture and then scrub it all off, and then put tan on again, and exfoliate properly once a week and then obviously carry on the process.. Has anyone used one from wilkinsons called St.Moriz I think? I have the spray one but i know there's a mousse aswell which people seem to think a lot of :)

Thats the one i got in tesco on special offer a while back and i must admit, for someone who has never used tan in their life, i dont a great job on myself, my friend who is an avid tanner even complimented me and asked who done it for me, she couldn't believe when I told her I done it myself!

:flow: xxx

I am all for sunbeds, and as mentioned in the thread earlier I use them a lot, but have been using them since I was 16 but I will admit I have wrinkle lines on my forehead and a frown line deep by my eyebrows - I am getting botox in Dec - but the others are right, its purely vanity and I am not afraid of admitting I wont be white

xxxx

I am all for sunbeds, and as mentioned in the thread earlier I use them a lot, but have been using them since I was 16 but I will admit I have wrinkle lines on my forehead and a frown line deep by my eyebrows - I am getting botox in Dec - but the others are right, its purely vanity and I am not afraid of admitting I wont be white

xxxx

:huh: Because wrinkles is all you'll get from a sunbed........ I suppose if you want incurable cancer, that is your business.

xxxx

:huh: Because wrinkles is all you'll get from a sunbed........ I suppose if you want incurable cancer, that is your business.

It is yeah and it's a huge risk I take everytime I lie on the bed - its different not knowing and being made aware but I do know the risks and it's my choice to take them every other day I don't need telling thank u xx

Thats the one i got in tesco on special offer a while back and i must admit, for someone who has never used tan in their life, i dont a great job on myself, my friend who is an avid tanner even complimented me and asked who done it for me, she couldn't believe when I told her I done it myself!

brilliant then :) i heard it's the cheaper brand of St.Tropez which is expensive for fake tan but i thought you could only get St.Moriz from wilkinsons so that's good to know i can get it from tesco aswell :) i'm guessing asda will sell it aswell then so i'll have a little look tomorrow :) xx

brilliant then :) i heard it's the cheaper brand of St.Tropez which is expensive for fake tan but i thought you could only get St.Moriz from wilkinsons so that's good to know i can get it from tesco aswell :) i'm guessing asda will sell it aswell then so i'll have a little look tomorrow :) xx

My aunt lives in england and she said you can get it in primark over there too
that was a few months ago though so im not too sure. But yes it is the cheaper brand of st.tropez and it worked good for me :) you're giving me the itch to try it out again :haha: xxx

Don't worry about tan. Embrace your natural skin colour ;).

I bought some St Moriz over amazon :)
i have found when i used to use fake tan that it goes patchy on my face, and somebody told me that you can get st.moriz face tanning gel which is obviously for the face and i found this on amazon too which i ordered earlier :) x

My aunt lives in england and she said you can get it in primark over there too
that was a few months ago though so im not too sure. But yes it is the cheaper brand of st.tropez and it worked good for me :) you're giving me the itch to try it out again :haha: xxx
i must admit, i've never seen fake tan in primark and it's my favourite shop in the world lol but i might have missed it as i've not really been looking out for it until now! and oh my god!! i bought some of it this morning, the medium colour mousse and i exfoliated in the bath last night really well and WOW i loveeeeeeee it!! i'm definitely gonna become obsessed with this stuff lol! try it again :winkwink: lol x

Yeah I saw the face one too, I actually have a darker foundation so might give that a try before I buy the face gel x

St Moriz mousse is BRILLIANT I've tried loads of brands and it's on par with St Tropez to me :) just exfoliate loads (Pulp Friction by Soap & Glory is really good for a pre-tan scrub) and apply with a mitt

i have bought darker foundation before but where my natural skin tone is lighter underneath the foundation, it makes me look orange :( so i normally put tan on my face and then just a medium colour foundation and a little bit of bronzer and then the colour from the tan on my face comes through my makeup so it doesn't look orange, just a nice bronzey brown :)

my cousin who's 18 told me he's going to start using sunbeds today and thanks to some of you on this thread, i gave him a long lecture about the risks which he wasn't even aware of (what a twat?!) and now i've managed to put him off and i've agreed to put st.moriz on him, as long as he doesn't expect me to do his arse hahah.. he only wants it for a 4 day trip to blackpool and he wanted a tan for it! so glad i've been put off sunbeds though!!

xx

I've always hated tanning beds.. wouldn't use one if my life depended on it. And 2 short sessions won't do much anyways. Like suggested, spend the money on your hair or nails or something instead. I'm sure you'll look fab! x

I must admit I feel so much more confident when Im tanned so I have a spray tan every 2-3 weeks don't worry I don't look like a bag of wotsits lol.

My little sister though is 18and is obsessed with fake tan! She has 2 big boxes under her bed of the stuff and applies st moriz every night, tbh she don't look orange at all it comes out a really nice colour.

If you want an instant gorgeous tan on your legs tights in a can is brilliant would deffo reccomend.

I would never use sunbeds because:
1- skin cancer risk obviously
2- but secretly I'm scared of what happened in final destination film when they get trapped and burned to death scared the life out of me that did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->