Who Hates Your Baby Name?

A few people were iffy on our sons name (Grayson) but we loved it and went with it. Hes now 2 and everyone's learned to love it :). I'm now pregnant with a baby girl, we're naming her Emma Rose, most people love the name, only negative comment I've received is from my husbands grandmother over her middle name but she's our child and well name her what we want just like we did our son, anyone else doesn't like it that's their problem not mine

A few people were iffy on our sons name (Grayson) but we loved it and went with it. Hes now 2 and everyone's learned to love it :).

My best friend's brother and sil first boy is named Grayson. He just turned 4 this month. I love the name.

This is why we're keeping it quiet until the baby's born (we might not end up doing that, 24 weeks is a long time!)

My family don't like the name we have chosen for our daughter.
We call my grandad 'Poppy' instead of grandad and have done since i was younger, no idea why?! I love the name Poppy and thought we'd use the name to name our daughter after my grandad...my sister is annoyed because she has a tattoo for my grandad that says 'poppy' on her wrist, my mum didn't like it at first but has come round to it now, and my grandad who she's named after has told my sister hes 'disgusted' :cry: he says it will confuse everyone and when she gets cards from him she will get confused because it will say 'To Poppy, from Poppy' :nope:
I don't think it will be that confusing...Logan has 4 nans, and at 2 years old he knows the difference between them all but he calls them all Nanny?! I'm not changing her name, she was Poppy even before she was conceived and we were talking about baby names, i couldn't care less about anyone elses opinion now!

I had the opposite problem. I told bil and sil the names we like. for a boy and a girl. when we didn't know what we were having. We really liked the name Melody it means something to me and my partner something special. We had a we boy and called him Jacob. which we were over the moon with hes amazing Love him with all my heart. but if we ever have a girl that's what we decided we would call her. and if we didn't then it wasn't meant to be. Anyway they got pregnant and tried to steal our name choice. we all fell out over it big time it seems silly but it really hurt. anyway I feel like they have tainted the name a bit for us. If I have a girl this time Im still going to go ahead and call her it. But I know they will always think about that time we all fell out over it! :O

This is why we won't tell anyone until the baby is born what his name is. I don't want to here other people's opinions about it. It's our baby…we choose the name…I don't care who likes it or doesn't.

A few people were iffy on our sons name (Grayson) but we loved it and went with it. Hes now 2 and everyone's learned to love it :). I'm now pregnant with a baby girl, we're naming her Emma Rose, most people love the name, only negative comment I've received is from my husbands grandmother over her middle name but she's our child and well name her what we want just like we did our son, anyone else doesn't like it that's their problem not mine

We are naming our son Greyson and people all LOvE it.

Most people look at me like WTF when I say my daughters name is Kiegan. I don't really care :)

We've only got a list of names at moment and no one apart from my best friend actually knows what's on there. I want the name to be a secret (as well as me only telling a select few when I'm actually due and were team yellow, been totally mean this time lol)

My family don't like the name we have chosen for our daughter.
We call my grandad 'Poppy' instead of grandad and have done since i was younger, no idea why?! I love the name Poppy and thought we'd use the name to name our daughter after my grandad...my sister is annoyed because she has a tattoo for my grandad that says 'poppy' on her wrist, my mum didn't like it at first but has come round to it now, and my grandad who she's named after has told my sister hes 'disgusted' :cry: he says it will confuse everyone and when she gets cards from him she will get confused because it will say 'To Poppy, from Poppy' :nope:
I don't think it will be that confusing...Logan has 4 nans, and at 2 years old he knows the difference between them all but he calls them all Nanny?! I'm not changing her name, she was Poppy even before she was conceived and we were talking about baby names, i couldn't care less about anyone elses opinion now!

That's really mean :-( stick to your guns. As you say she will know the difference it won't confuse her at all!! Ours have two grandad a they call grandad and two great grandmas and my eldest 4 when I mention one will say etc grandad with the doggies (poor grandma gets no mention lol) or grandad with nanna she's not confused by it and clearly distinguishes the two. She does similar with mine n hubbies grandmas.

My youngest son originally was going to be called Isaiah but my mum said it reminded her of the song I say a little prayer for you and when ever I said the name I heard that song ergh!

Not that it matters I love the name we ended up picking for Him and he really suits him

What ever name we choose my partners parents dont like at all. Its always they will get picked on at school but they are older than my parents and I think they arent quite thinking about newer modern names at all even though quite a few we like are older names but not very common. Iv just come to say its tuff our baby, our choice. :) xx

We are naming our son Greyson and people all LOvE it.

Most people look at me like WTF when I say my daughters name is Kiegan. I don't really care :)

I love our sons name :) I think Grayson or Greyson is such a sweet name. We got negative comments because their is a Grayson,KY (we live in kentucky) but we didn't know this and loved the name and wouldn't change it for anything :)

I'm pretty sure the only person on board with my girl name is my mother. Eleanor Elizabeth. I'd call her Norah. I love it. My grandmother was like, "Don't give her an old-fashioned name! Give her a nice name, like Roberta!"

I only like old-fashioned names ahahaha. And Roberta is old-fashioned, last time I checked? Isn't it? Either way, I'm going to go with what feels right. And it could be a boy. I don't know yet.

Me haha . At the moment every name my husband likes I hate . And I don't like any name I choose after a week

only one that ever said anything was my mum. She recoiled in horror and shock at Myles. She didnt dare say anything about William after causing so many fights because I wouldnt choose her suggestion of Ruddolf for him. And William was my partners dads name who is deceased. And sure she had something to say too about Alexander. She wont even call him that she calls him Alec. And got offended when I would not choose my dads name or any family ones.

Most people are not keen on our name. ..but we have had it picked for years waiting on our boy and now that he is coming we r not changing it to please anyone xx

We've thrown around a few ideas but haven't chosen any for definite yet. (We're waiting until the baby comes so we can *see* what it looks like.) But we're not telling anyone our ideas at all. I don't want to see that look on their face until this kid is born and named.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->