Who is going back to work and who isnt?

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
Im 99% going back to work after maternity leave, I discovered last time im not really a stay at home mum type person and with so much very close family living so close by I didnt really need to be.
It may be differant this time with 2 at home but im open to either way as you just never know but more likely returning.
Thing is im not really sure about returning to the same job.
I like it enough most times and sometimes even really enjoy it.
But part of me thinks the times im hating that place are becoming more often (new managment that cant control the piss takers and people not bothering to work properly) maybe its that time for a change.
Im just not sure what type of change though, same type of job but elswhere or somthing completly differant.
Anyone else thinking of changing jobs to return to work?

I'm absolutely going back! Love the work I do, paid masses of money for my degree and now earn a fair amount too...no way I want to give it up!

Although returning to the same job....not so sure. My boss is a grade A dick, so unless he's ousted out the business I may consider something closer to my parents....if there's a suitable job available.

If not I will go back but will be quite demanding :thumbup:

I can't afford not to go back. I'd like to do 3 or 4 days a week though and either in a different department to where I am now (big company and i've been doing the same thing there for 5 years now). If that doesn't work out i'll look elsewhere.

I'd love to be a sahm until the girls were at school though. I hate the morning rush to get out the door and to work and then no quality time with them or dh in the evenings.

I'm returning to work after but i got made redundant last friday so dont have a choice about going back to the same job :(
Im gutted cos i did actually really like my job and the people there (most of the time lol)
Also iv got the issue of childcare for 2 to sort out, they bot
h have places at a great nursery that fit around the job i had, what if i cant get a job the same days with similar hours, oh god another thing to worry about!!
Xx

See thats another choice I need to make, when I first went back last time I did 3 day time shifts because those where days either my mum or mil spent time with lo so that worked out nicely.
But I then changed it to 4 evening shifts (differant place) so that I could spend daytimes with lo then go to work when OH got home which at that stage worked great as well.
When I return lo will be in nursery so wont need me there during the day but will more so evenings where as the baby will need me there more so during the day.
So untill the time comes I cant work out what will suit us better, day or evening shifts and untill I work that out I cant decide what to do as both will effect if I stay here or look for a new place.
Bah wheres a crystal ball when you need one :)

I'm going back full time unfortunately, can't afford not to. Although my work will allow me to do compressed shifts so I'll get every Wednesday off.

LO will be in nursery 3 days and one day with the grandads (half day each as they're both a fair age now!)

Would love to win the lottery!! Xx

I'm going back. More out of necessity/lifestyle choice: we could afford (just) to survive on DH's salary, but would miss out on some of the things we love to do as a family such as nice holidays, meals out etc.

I work 4 days a week, but might try and either make this 3 days after baby no. 2 or try and work one of the 4 days from home.

I haven't been back to work after having Eddy. The original plan was for me to return in the new year 2013 when Eddy was about 8 months, work for 6-12 months then start TTC again once I'd accrued enough time etc to get maternity benefits. My hubby is a full time student so would be home holidays etc and we get a lot of financial help with childcare so we wanted to take advantage of that.

As it happened we found out we were PG again when Eddy was 5 months. I had JUST signed on to JSA (was on a temporary contract at my old place so didn't have a job to go back to) and was looking for work but obviously with the complication of being pregnant it became very stressful and complicated. I continued to look for work until Easter but then stopped signing on. Hubby has managed to get some full time work for the summer - it's well paid too which is a bonus. He'll finish there in Aug/September (not sure at the moment, it's only his 3rd week lol). I'm then looking at going back to work in November maybe in a seasonal job just to bring in some cash - probably evenings and weekends. Earl is at pre-school 2 days a week but would still need to put the 2 babies in with a CM/nursery and I think it would be too much. We will have to see how it pans out.

The eventual plan though is for hubby to do his PGCE, get his teaching position, and then the pressure goes off me to earn the main wage and I will be going back to college to re-train (not sure what at the moment) in the next 1-3 years and then I'll probably work around school hours for the next 10 years or so lol.

Complications! Children! lol :wacko:

I went back after DD but will not be returning once this baby is born due to childcare costs(currently I an only PT anyway), luckily I have a very supportive husband who is happy to have me be a sahm ... (provided he gets dinner :haha:)

I plan to retrain in a few years... Not sure what but would like a change!

Iwent back when lo was 9 months old. didn't like it so stopped working, stayed off till he was 2 went back and now I am ofg again, I doubt I will be going back for a while... luckily OH earns enough that I dont have to worry about work but its nice to have your own money iykwim?

I'm going back part time. OH works from home so makes child care a lot easier x

Im 90% sure im not going back as it wouldnt be worth it but will see how it works out x

Gem, snap on the income front, that's why I'm going back part time, for my own sanity and 'pocket money'

I will be going back to work although i really dont want to go back to my old job! I hate the place... worked there 6 years and never had a payrise either so thats peeved me off! I plan to look for an evening job thats part time so i dont need childcare. Dont think me and my oh could actually afford childcare as that would be my wage gone being only part time! So im not working just to see my wages go on childcare and not see my boys so fingers crossed there will be an evening job around when i start looking!

I'm going back to the same job, full time.

Although it has its bad days, I do enjoy it and my boss is really flexible when it comes to work. As long as we don't take the mick, we can work from home when needs be and flex our hours to suit.

MIL will be taking care of the childcare for us, although as my mum has just been made redundant she said she'd like to do a day or so a week.

I would love to be able to stay at home till the baby goes to school but like SamsMum its more of a lifestyle choice - we can survive on OHs salary but that would be us just surviving with no contingency money at all, no holidays etc. I think if we would have had to have put LO in full time nursery then I would have had a bigger decision to make but as she will be looked after by family then Im not as concerned.

We can't seem to decide whether I should I go back or not. If I don't go back, we can't afford all our bills. If I do go back, we can't afford all our bills. Have so much anxiety about thsi!

I won't be going back to work. I enjoy my job but it's 12 hour shifts and my OH works shifts too so just not really possible with a baby. I'll definitely be staying on as bank which means I can pick and choose how often and when I want to work. Even a shift or 2 a month would be a wee bit of extra cash.

I'm quite lucky in that my OH makes enough to cover all outgoing costs and he is quite happy for me to be a SAHM. I'm just not sure I feel comfortable with him supporting me entirely. I'm so used to making my own money and paying my own way :haha:

We'll see how it goes when I'm off on maternity anyway but that's the rough plan :thumbup:

I would love to not work and have the daily freedom that allows for, but like a PP mentioned I've spent a lot of money on my degree and have established npmyself in my career. I don't think it's worth giving that up to child mind, cook and clean all day long. Heck, I pay people now to do those things for me -lol! Sometimes I do feel like life would be simpler if I didn't have an education and a career and just worked in a shop or restaurant. That would be easier to leave for a few years and then go back to whenever I wanted to.

I went bk full time after dd and i missed out on her growin up so i wont be going bk this time and the childcare is an issue im afraid

I'm self employed and due to commitments I made to clients before I fell pregnant, will be back working 6 and a half weeks from now - baby is due tomorrow! Should only be around 3 half days a week though, and I'll have lots of help as my mum doesn't work, but in still a little worried I'm going to be far from ready to leave my baby so quickly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->