Who is more tired in the second trimester?

arlosmama

Reaction score
I can't keep my eyes open or my body moving. I did stop drinking coffee this week because I have been drinking green smoothies, but I drank decaf anyhow. I am just wiped out during the day. I stayed home from work with my son who was sick today and was so tired that I gave him the iPad in my bed and dozed off while he played with it. He then went down for his nap and I was able to sleep about 2 hours and am just longing to go back to bed. I am still in my pajamas at 3 in the afternoon.

I never remember being this tired in the second trimester with my first. I might have to start revisiting Starbucks. Maybe little one is going through a growth spurt?

i am way more tired! ahhh. i go get up to wash the dishes and i look at them for a min, and then i just go lay down on the couch. haha.

I feel like I am just as tired as I was in the first trimester, and I do drink coffee still! I can go without a nap if I HAVE to, but if I can sneak in some sleep I always do. And it's funny because at night I have a very hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep.

I'm tired all the time.
I wake up tired.
It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I'm still tired.
I take naps during the day.
I take baths instead of showers now.

Where is my 2nd tri energy?

All I want is to wake up refreshed. These little parasites are so draining. My husband is too to walk in the house and see me in my pajamas still and think I'm nuts. At least my son is bathed and dressed and either dishes are done. That's about as far as I got today.

oh girls i am just utterly exhausted as well... i cant even think about going to work tomorrow lol im in my pjs all evening and cannot wait to get to bed!!! xxx

Yep, I am shattered, in 24 weeks, and the tiredness started to hit me again last week.
I am usually pretty good at getting up in the morning, but this week, i have been waking up, sitting up, laying back dowm for 5 mins, sitting back up, laying back down and so on. This last for about half a hr, and I have to dag myself up in the end. I have a 3 year old and a work part time, so struggle to find the time to have a nap during the day :(

I'm tired all the effing time. Ok, it's not quite the same as the tiredness I had around weeks 7-8-9, when I'd leave work crying because I was so exhausted, but I still need 11-12 hours a night, which I rarely get, and even then I wake up feeling like I could sleep another couple of hours. Of course now I'm starting to get uncomfy and need to pee relentlessly, so I'm waking up 5-6-7 times a night, which doesn't help the tiredness I guess. I've tried drinking less but then I wake up thirsty :dohh: When my alarm goes off in the morning I lay there groaning and i'm utterly comatose for a good 20 minutes until DH comes back from his shower and then I HAVE to drag myself out of bed.

Bleaurrrrrrggggh. I'm not a fan of pregnancy. If I didn't have to go and pick DH up from the station I'd be in the bath now and then in bed for 9pm.

My DH came home from a trip jet-lagged.
I told him that I feel like that all the time now.
He has been picking up the slack here ever since.

I feel more tired in this pregnancy than i did with the other 2.
and 2nd trimester really tired xx

I am also more tired this trimester x

I am a lot more tired in this trimester than I was in the first.

I was an insomniac my first trimester and now I'm sleeping about 15 hours a day. Luckily I don't have much going on other than house work but it is a pain in the butt if I wanted to do something with DH.

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm always running late for work now because I can't get out of bed. Then I can also fall asleep in the afternoon.

URGH I wish I could just stop working now

I'm pretty sure I'm far more tired this pregnancy than with my last, but then I have a toddler to care for now, and he doesn't like to let me sleep when I fancy it. When I get the chance though, I nap all I can get. Its so frustrating too because there are so many projects I need to get on with before the baby's here! I have nappies and clothes that I want to sew, knitting (am learning slowly), and I have to make a baby hammock too for nap times. I'm also supposed to finding a house to rent... all in time for a home birth.

i'm so tired it's crazy. the worst part is waking up tired, i feel like i've been cheated! and having to teach 31 lively 9 year olds doesn't help! i did wonder if my iron levels could be low, my mum's a nurse and she suggested it, especially since i've pretty much gone off meat. i have a doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks so i'll ask then, but until then i'm stocking up on iron enriched cereal and milo!

Yep, I am shattered, in 24 weeks, and the tiredness started to hit me again last week.
(

Exactly the same here. I do have a lot more energy than during the first tri but this last week has been getting to me. I can't keep my eyes open at work, I really need a mid-afternoon nap. I actually went back to drinking coffee (not much but some). And things make me tired physically as well. The other day I was cooking with a friend, I was standing up for a few hours... well, I had to sit down and take a nap as if I had just run a marathon. I can't explain how tired I get.

im soooo tired half of the time this trimester, i didnt even get tired in the first trimester i used to have to make myself sleep but now i drop off straight away!

:hug: for all the ladies that have to work, or care for LOs, or both. :hug:

(

Exactly the same here. I do have a lot more energy than during the first tri but this last week has been getting to me. I can't keep my eyes open at work, I really need a mid-afternoon nap. I actually went back to drinking coffee (not much but some). And things make me tired physically as well. The other day I was cooking with a friend, I was standing up for a few hours... well, I had to sit down and take a nap as if I had just run a marathon. I can't explain how tired I get.

Are you looking at calling your little girl Amelia? my little girl is Amelia Victoria :thumbup:, struggling to name this little princess, as I want something as girly as Amelia, my amelia is 3 now and i still love the name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->