who pays for maternity uniform?

BumbleBee10

Reaction score
I work in a day nursery and have to wear a company logo blue tunic, a little bit like a nurses one, these have very little give and at 9 weeks it's already getting snug! I asked about work uniform and was told it would be blue polo tops also with the company logo and these would currently cost me £10 each instead of £20 as they are on offer.
Am I right in thinking that in the UK since I am required to wear a uniform I should not have to pay for my maternity one? Hoping someone knows so I can sort it out tomorrow - I don't feel it's fair at all if I have to pay for it as every employee is provided with tops to wear by the company

Thanks all!
cx

I would ask if you are required to pay for it. Where I worked, we had a uniform but it was just khaki pants with a shirt with a blue smock (that was provided by the company) over it. Any additional shirts that we wanted had to be purchased out of pocket. HOWEVER, they were not mandatory to wear. I would say yes, your employer should pay for it since it is mandatory but you might just have to ask them. If they say no, well, it isn't that expensive but I wouldn't be happy if I asked and they said no. I don't personally think it is worth getting like upper management or something involved if they say no, because that just puts a strife between you and the company. Hope it is free for you!

i think the employer or hmrc pay for it i was wondering the same thing for when i get bigger because its a strict dresscode at my place

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->