Who wants to be my buddy?!

Hey ladies! Been pretttttty quiet in here. How's everyone doing??? I am battling through a fierce cold (sans cold medicine of any kind of course!) and thankful for an hcg test yesterday after a bit of a spotting scare on Friday. It was only one time and on an internal check (perhaps I should stop doing that!!!) but I panicked. Called the doc and they wanted me to go get my numbers checked so I did and it was 4,001 @ 22 dpo. So after that they said I could go back in 48 hours if 'I was really worried about it'...or just come in for an ultrasound on 10/21 which would put me at 7 weeks. I am not really worried about it after numbers like that and have had NO more spotting and tons of preggo symptoms so I'm just going back on the 21st for an ultrasound! Can't wait!!! They even said that those numbers were 'really great' for being between 5 and 6 weeks so they weren't too concerned. And really, as long as it isn't ectopic then there wouldn't be anything they could do at this point anyway. So I'll just try and be patient! :) How are all you ladies doing? Any more new symptoms popping up as time goes on? I have this cold and a uti. Which I totally had with my son too...bb's are back to full soreness and fatigue...so I'm feelin' pretty pregnant at this point! :happydance::happydance::haha: Just thankful and excited to see our little bub in only 12 sleeps!!!

Glad things are going well for you, hun!:thumbup:
Im doing well, my boobs/nipples are SUPER sensitive - kinda driving me nuts and between going pee all night long and the heartburn Im not getting a ton of sleep. Oh well - it's the price we pay for our baby, right? LOL
I have my 1st OB appt next Wed. I'll be 6 weeks 2 days by then I believe. Not sure if they will recheck my HCG numbers again or not. I kinda hope they do just so I know there doubling the way they should.

Thanks!!! I'm glad too. I bet they will check your numbers again. At least I would sure think so. When do you get your first u/s? Oh I know right...the price we pay for our kids...they will NEVER ever know! :) Or maybe our daughters will when they are pregnant...but for now, it's just our little secret!

Thanks!!! I'm glad too. I bet they will check your numbers again. At least I would sure think so. When do you get your first u/s? Oh I know right...the price we pay for our kids...they will NEVER ever know! :) Or maybe our daughters will when they are pregnant...but for now, it's just our little secret!

Not sure yet. I've only been to this OBGYN once before when i was pregnant in May and I didn't get past 5 weeks of pregnancy and my HCG numbers were super low so I dont know what their normal timeline is for U/S. I'm just crossing my fingers for an 8 week scan but I may have to have my first one at 12 weeks. I sure hope not...the wait will kill me!

Oh I know what you mean!!! The wait is SO stinkin' hard. I don't know how I waited until 13 weeks with my dd!!! Eeeek. Hope you can get one sooner just for peace of mind! Will you wait to tell until you have your ultrasound? I think we are going to tell our kiddos the night before halloween and then when we take them out trick or treating they can tell the rest of our family...mil, sil's aunts/uncles etc that don't know yet. Just praying for a healthy bean! My mom is convinced I'm having twins......time will tell. :winkwink:

Oh I know what you mean!!! The wait is SO stinkin' hard. I don't know how I waited until 13 weeks with my dd!!! Eeeek. Hope you can get one sooner just for peace of mind! Will you wait to tell until you have your ultrasound? I think we are going to tell our kiddos the night before halloween and then when we take them out trick or treating they can tell the rest of our family...mil, sil's aunts/uncles etc that don't know yet. Just praying for a healthy bean! My mom is convinced I'm having twins......time will tell. :winkwink:

Actually, we have already told people.:blush: Too excited to wait I guess...:kiss:

So my doc called me in today for a surprise ultrasound and everything went very well! Could see fetal pole and it was measuring normally! And obviously it was not in my fallopian tube this time! :happydance: I still have my other scan at 7 weeks for the heartbeat and make sure it's measuring ok!

So my doc called me in today for a surprise ultrasound and everything went very well! Could see fetal pole and it was measuring normally! And obviously it was not in my fallopian tube this time! :happydance: I still have my other scan at 7 weeks for the heartbeat and make sure it's measuring ok!

CONGRATS!!!! That is great news!!! Wonderful hun. Surely the 7 week ultrasound will be amazing...especially now that you know it's planted in the right place! With your tubal pregnancy did you know right away something was awry?

Actually, we have already told people.:blush: Too excited to wait I guess...:kiss:

Ah I don't blame you! I want to tell also but am going to try and wait a little longer, but we'll see how that works. One of my sister's already knows, my mom and my bff. So we'll see how much longer we can wait.............:blush:

@ Kelly, yes we did know something was up from the beginning. I had a tiny bit of bleeding the day I got my BFP (which my doc and I believed was just implantation bleeding, but he had me come in for blood tests anyways to be sure). The test results showed that my HCG was low and my progesterone was low and they were slow rising. So I went on progesterone pills. I was at the doc like at least twice a week if not more doing blood tests and ultrasounds. The hormones were still slow rising even with the pills. My ultrasounds all showed an empty sac, no baby at all. So they decided at 7 weeks that I was going to MC and sure enough I did. A lot of blood, pain, and clotting. I thought it was over after the MC, but 2 weeks later I went into my doc in A LOT of pain. I would have been 9 weeks. So they did an ultrasound on the spot and found a lot of blood in my abdominal area, they said it was an ectopic and took me into surgery right away. They thought it was just a normal ectopic so the surgery should have taken 20 mins, but while in surgery they found the baby had bursted through my tube and implanted onto my bladder! It was an abdominal pregnancy. They said I had A TON of bleeding in the abdominal area and if I had come a day later I may have died!!! And if you are wondering about the empty sac in my uterus, turns out usually with ectopics there will be a pseudo-sac in the uterus (a fake sac), not sure why, but it is a thing apparently. So my surgery ended up taking about 3 hours. And poor OH was out in the waiting room thinking it would take 20 mins, nobody went out to tell him what was going on or anything. I felt so bad for him!

@ Kelly, yes we did know something was up from the beginning. I had a tiny bit of bleeding the day I got my BFP (which my doc and I believed was just implantation bleeding, but he had me come in for blood tests anyways to be sure). The test results showed that my HCG was low and my progesterone was low and they were slow rising. So I went on progesterone pills. I was at the doc like at least twice a week if not more doing blood tests and ultrasounds. The hormones were still slow rising even with the pills. My ultrasounds all showed an empty sac, no baby at all. So they decided at 7 weeks that I was going to MC and sure enough I did. A lot of blood, pain, and clotting. I thought it was over after the MC, but 2 weeks later I went into my doc in A LOT of pain. I would have been 9 weeks. So they did an ultrasound on the spot and found a lot of blood in my abdominal area, they said it was an ectopic and took me into surgery right away. They thought it was just a normal ectopic so the surgery should have taken 20 mins, but while in surgery they found the baby had bursted through my tube and implanted onto my bladder! It was an abdominal pregnancy. They said I had A TON of bleeding in the abdominal area and if I had come a day later I may have died!!! And if you are wondering about the empty sac in my uterus, turns out usually with ectopics there will be a pseudo-sac in the uterus (a fake sac), not sure why, but it is a thing apparently. So my surgery ended up taking about 3 hours. And poor OH was out in the waiting room thinking it would take 20 mins, nobody went out to tell him what was going on or anything. I felt so bad for him!

Wow! That sounds horrendous! I'm sorry you and your OH had to experience that. Yikes!:nope:

Yay! Congrats! That must make you feel so much better after what happened with your ectopic. Im happy for you! :dance::yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->