Who's due in in the end of June/ first week of July?

So I'm 3 days overdue now. Woke up about 1am with painful cramps and got excited thinking labour was starting. Then it just stopped and nothing - thoroughly fed up now!!!

Keep hoping that this is your body hearing up chick. I'm very dubious but I have a feeling things are starting for me.

How's everyone doing? I'm 41wks tomorrow and booked in for a sweep but as I have thrush I'm going to refuse it for a few days when hopefully that's gone.

Over the past few days I've had a few smallish gushes of fluid (inc just now), enough for me to change my pants, so I'm going to speak to mw about this tomorrow. Anyone else had this?

Yes I got this this morning - it looks creamy though so I think it's just discharge - I have a midwife appt this afternoon for a 40 wk sweep.

Misslissa and tinky82 I've been getting that too. Feel wet down there all the time lol! But it's not as much as when my waters went with my daughter :-( xx

Just a quick update before I get some sleep.

Waters went at 7:45 last night. Went over the hospital but contractions were not regular enough so was told to go back at 8am today to be induced as I need antibiotics before giving birth due to having Strep B and they didn't want me to go any longer than the 12 hours.

Was told at 9am there are no cots available so would have to wait until 10am.
Waited until 11:30 to be told they can not induce me until 8pm the earliest tonight and that's only if they can find a cot available for the baby.

Ive come home to get some rest now as didn't sleep much last night due to the pains. The NHS are absolutely useless, They have rang around all the local hospitals and no beds available anywhere. Hoping I do not have a wasted journey tonight as Im exhausted with all this waiting around and it cant be good for the baby with no waters around her.

Sorry for the selfish post, Just needed to have a rant as I doubt I will get much time to come on here over the next few days.

Emz that's rubbish! If you turned up in strong labour they would have to cope so they just should deal with it?!

I've had my 41wk app this morning, was booked for a sweep but as I have thrush I have delayed that till Friday.

BUT I'm pretty sure things are starting for me anyway. Through the night my BH have had accompanying period pains and they've continued all day. Getting them every 15ish mins. I'm aware of them defo but I'm fine. Anyway told mw and also about the little gushes I've had. She was a bit off with me about that as said I should have gone in and seem them. Fair enough, I've been a bit daft. So she insisted on checking my waters. Fortunately it wasn't my waters but while she did my 'show' came away with the speculum. She said it was a 'good bloody show' and I may get a little more later. Said shes had a look at my cervix and it looks very ripe. Reckons the BH with period pain/pressure is likely to be the start of things.

Really pleased as I defo feel things are different today. It hopefully means that the sweep I'm booked in for Friday won't be needed as hopefully I'll have had him.

Fingers are crossed!

I've had my 41wk app this morning, was booked for a sweep but as I have thrush I have delayed that till Friday.

BUT I'm pretty sure things are starting for me anyway. Through the night my BH have had accompanying period pains and they've continued all day. Getting them every 15ish mins. I'm aware of them defo but I'm fine. Anyway told mw and also about the little gushes I've had. She was a bit off with me about that as said I should have gone in and seem them. Fair enough, I've been a bit daft. So she insisted on checking my waters. Fortunately it wasn't my waters but while she did my 'show' came away with the speculum. She said it was a 'good bloody show' and I may get a little more later. Said shes had a look at my cervix and it looks very ripe. Reckons the BH with period pain/pressure is likely to be the start of things.

Really pleased as I defo feel things are different today. It hopefully means that the sweep I'm booked in for Friday won't be needed as hopefully I'll have had him.

Fingers are crossed!

Good luck. Hope this is it x

went for sweep but my cervix was too posterior :cry: baby's head was very low though - MW said she was tickling his head so I hope that's a good sign.
Any one know anything about posterior cervix at term?
Just been for a long walk - come on baby.
Good luck to all you ladies

I've had two sweeps... One at 39+1 and one at 40+1... Still nothing. I get cramps the two days after a sweep and lots of mucus-like discharge with blood streaks that looks to be part of my mucus plug, and an increase of uncomfortable BH, but nothing definite. So here I sit on my Yoga ball at 40+3 with nothing happening. :cry:

I have another appointment tomorrow at 40+4 where they will do another ultrasound to make sure baby still has room. If nothing happens before Monday I'm to be induced at 41+0. So I have a date, but I still wish baby would come today or at least over the weekend! :grr:

My baby boy was born today! It was quite a long labour and I had my moments but apparently I did amazing well!

I'm now sat in bed with little boy next to me in cot and I'm very nervous, I'm not sure what on earth I do with him, fortunately the midwives are fantastic and he's had a good feed already do may not have a lot to do over night.

I'm in a state of shock at the moment...

My baby boy was born today! It was quite a long labour and I had my moments but apparently I did amazing well!

I'm now sat in bed with little boy next to me in cot and I'm very nervous, I'm not sure what on earth I do with him, fortunately the midwives are fantastic and he's had a good feed already do may not have a lot to do over night.

I'm in a state of shock at the moment...

Congratulations! Well done xxx

Congrats to Misslissa! Glad everything went smoothly and that your little one arrived safely!

Good luck to you, Emz... Hope you are holding your little bundle right now!

6 days overdue now. Had a membrane sweep on Thursday and it has made me unwell. Instead of stimulating the uterus to contract it has stimulated the bowel and I have had severe diarrhea and painful cramping ever since for almost 3 days now. It is so painful to go to the toilet as my backside is on fire with it - sorry if TMI. I'm scared to eat because I don't want to go through that pain everytime I have to go. It's agony and I'm crying out in pain everytime I'm on the loo. I called NHS 24 and they've told me I can't take anything for it because I'm pregnant. I'm so terrified of labour starting while I have this diarrhea because I couldn't deal with that coming out of me while trying to push out a baby. Just feel so down about it as I feel like I've reached the final hurdle of what has not been the easiest pregnancy and now this.
Anyway hope you ladies are having an ok time of it and your babies are with you soon xxx

Congratulations Misslissa great news.

Just a quick update, I had my first Show last Thursday with some mild contractions that always seem to come come at night from 1a.m. So I get a break in the day and contract at night mainly. Saw midwife Yesterday was 1cm I was not surprised because the contractions were not very intense. She did a sweep, I did my usual walk and so on.
11 pm contractions started and by 2a.m were 4 to 5mins apart lasting a minute. Wow very intence but kept on my breathing and the last few hours me my partner were ohming together while he rubbed my back thats seem to almost take the pain away.
Sadly all stopped about 8am. Was happy because my usual pattern 1a m till 5 am so got some more work on those cervix :happydance: Did speak to midwives through the night and all well baby moving lots.
So really hope to have baby in the next two nights. Early phase of labour has been a long one but to be honest worked out well in these stages as I get to rest in the daytime.

As for proterior cervix mine was yesterday i was a CM so she was able to do the sweep. My midwife said time and contractions will move it. 9 hours of contractions I hope have made some changes.
I will keep you all posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"