Who's on baby aspirin after recurrent loss?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm nearing my due date with my rainbow baby. I don't come here much, I guess because it used to make me even more anxious. Anyway, I had a mmc discovered at 12 weeks, followed by an early loss around 7 weeks before this pregnancy. Because I'd also had a mmc before my first baby, a doctor I saw privately recommended I start 75g aspirin, three days after ovulation. I normally live in the UK though and since the aspirin wasn't ordered by an NHS doctor, I'm not seeing a consultant. I've seen a doctor for a bleed in first tri and they approved of me being on the aspirin, and the midwives know as well, but I don't really have anyone to ask for advice about how to approach it with regards to labour now.

So, people on aspirin for recurrent loss: where you told to stop before your due date or continue until delivery? Did anyone suggest you couldn't have a water birth because of the aspirin? Have you had any advice on whether you should have a physiological or managed third stage? Anything else that is affected by aspirin?

Thanks all!

I'm on baby aspirin this time due to previous loss. I've been asked to stop at 36 weeks for two reasons - I'm getting my cerclage removed at 37 weeks and they want me to stop aspirin a week before that. Also, since you are safe to go into labor right from 37 weeks, they want to stop aspirin at least a week before that.

I took it right up to my induction date as advised by my consultant :flower:

They say in my hospital to stop at 38 weeks if your not being induced and going to term, it won't affect a water birth at all. But should you go into labour before you stop taking it it's it's not a massive deal. Won't cause any problems really, just mention it to your delivery team. Good luck!

I was told to stop at 36 weeks and did so. I

I was on aspirin and clexane and was told to stop as soon as i go into labour. Good luck x

Im on aspirin due to previous loss at 20 weeks and i was also on it during my last pregnancy with my 2nd son. He was born at 38 weeks after induction but i hadnt stopped taking the Aspirin. I had a difficult delivery and then a haemorrhage and they said it could have been caused by the aspirin as id continued to take it right up (no one told me to stop). I think the plan is to stop it a few days before induction this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->