Why am I contracting for hours then nothing

Tweetz

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP

I am actually at my witts end now this is the second time this week this has happened... First the early hours of Monday I was getting stronger braxton hicks but this time they hurt... But were all over place 5 to 20 mins... Then on Friday night I felt sick and crampy from 7pm... Mega pressure and pain in my cervix... 2am I was having contractions that felt like strong period cramps that waved in my back legs and front every 10mins I had to breath through them... This lasted till 7am so 5 hours... I went back to sleep as thought best save my energy woke up... And they'd stopped I am gutted was so ready for it to be it... Ive heard of latent phase but is anyone experiencing this and is there anything I can do to keep them going... I'm 39 weeks 2 days and tempted to ask mw for a sweep... I feel robbed haha

Hi hon.
I had the very same thing with my daughter at 35 weeks they were painful and wud go on for hours then just stop. I just put it down to painful braxton hicks but i had to be induced at 35+4 due to sever pre eclampisa and Cholistosis of Pregnancy. But to my utter shock when they checked my cervix i was already 2cm dilated so they only had to break my waters. So them painful braxton Hicks dilated me 2 cm. So u may find thats whats happening with you
Ure prob close now hon. Good luck

Hi hon.
I had the very same thing with my daughter at 35 weeks they were painful and wud go on for hours then just stop. I just put it down to painful braxton hicks but i had to be induced at 35+4 due to sever pre eclampisa and Cholistosis of Pregnancy. But to my utter shock when they checked my cervix i was already 2cm dilated so they only had to break my waters. So them painful braxton Hicks dilated me 2 cm. So u may find thats whats happening with you
Ure prob close now hon. Good luck
Thanks for the reply... I did wonder about it been painful braxton hicks but these felt diff... I have had strong braxton hicks but other then tightness and discomfort there's no pain... This was like period pain that radiated over my back legs and abdomen and increased... Usually my braxton are just at the front... I had the same issue last night although these were alot milder... Is there any point in calling a midwife... Or is this just one of them things

It sounds like prodromal labor. I bad this in past pregnancies and I'm sure I'm having it now. Im.34 weeks 1 day.

I’m having similar situation. Been having frequent braxton contractions for the last month or two and they’ve been getting more frequent and painful as time goes on. The last few nights I’ve had contractions every ten minutes lasting for an hour or two and then it stops. Frustrating!

Never had this with our son... Woke up one morning to them 10 mins apart then boom 18 hours later he was born... Don't think I've ever wanted to be in pain with contractions so bad in my life also feels that if she gets any lower she will be hanging out... So much pressure down there and lightning pain surely I must be dialated to some degree

It is common not to feel them at all with first pregnancies, but subsequent pregnancies seem to get worse from early on, in my situation anyway. This is my 3rd baby and I'm 22+3, and I was getting them frequent, like 6 plus an hour at one point. They've calmed down again now. You may also not even be dilated, but you also could be, it's just one of the normal symptoms of subsequent pregnancies I'm afraid lol

It is common not to feel them at all with first pregnancies, but subsequent pregnancies seem to get worse from early on, in my situation anyway. This is my 3rd baby and I'm 22+3, and I was getting them frequent, like 6 plus an hour at one point. They've calmed down again now. You may also not even be dilated, but you also could be, it's just one of the normal symptoms of subsequent pregnancies I'm afraid lol
Thanks for reply been to see midwife today and they did a sweep for me! I'm 2cms dialated and the monitor showed contractions... Looks like slow labour hoping this sweep gets things cranked up a notch... Getting more since having it done and period like pain... Hoping this time tomo il be in labour [-o<

I'm hoping that your in labour! False labour is such a pain! I was contracting like you was since 30 weeks! I reached 37 and I was 3cms dilated and a sweep didn't work and nothing happened so I was induced at 39+6 and had my little man on my due date, hoping things start natural for you, it sounds like your well on your way :)

They wanted to induce tommorow as Tuesday I went in due to her movements not so much less but different... They noted this as reduced movement... So had me go in for fetul ecg... All was fine and I had a sweep... But then they had me come back again today... Thinking it was to check my cervix after the sweep but no again to hook me up to a machine for 40mins even though I told them movement was normal again... Now there expecting me to come in every day for monitoring... When there's absaloutly nothing wrong... had an induction booked for tomo that I've canceled as I don't see the need if she's moving fine... Got told its policy to either offer an Induction or doppler scan if someone comes in with reduced movements... so now they are wanting me to have a doppler scan to check cord on Friday... Why on earth do I need to go to any of this if everything is fine... Its just a big unnecessary farce... Only went in the Tuesday due to contractions and her movement changing from eratic wiggles to slower pokes... ](*,)ive had nothing but stress since 30 odd weeks due to unecerssary growth scans and now this

I had similar with my son hun, I just went for the induction and 2 hours and 20 minutes later he was here, easy labour the contractions were no different to going on your own (I think people share horror stories of induction contractions) and he came out in one push, looking back, in glad i just got it over with hun, if you've had nothing but stress since 30 weeks why not just get the induction out the way? It's going to happen sooner or later <3

I had similar with my son hun, I just went for the induction and 2 hours and 20 minutes later he was here, easy labour the contractions were no different to going on your own (I think people share horror stories of induction contractions) and he came out in one push, looking back, in glad i just got it over with hun, if you've had nothing but stress since 30 weeks why not just get the induction out the way? It's going to happen sooner or later <3
Yea I just hate the thought that I'm inducing Labour a day before she's even due... And I wanted a water birth and if I get induced I won't be able to... I see the midwife at 40 weeks 5 days so feel I should atleast wait till then and if I really can't cope explain I want to be induced as enough is enough... I know it can be quick for some people but my worry is been stuck in hospital for 3 days as sometimes this happens

Yea I just hate the thought that I'm inducing Labour a day before she's even due... And I wanted a water birth and if I get induced I won't be able to... I see the midwife at 40 weeks 5 days so feel I should atleast wait till then and if I really can't cope explain I want to be induced as enough is enough... I know it can be quick for some people but my worry is been stuck in hospital for 3 days as sometimes this happens

I know what you mean hun, my son was induced a day before and I had him on his due date, after I was induced they asked me if I wanted a water birth, so why cant you? I think that's why my birth was so quick with my son, I was contracting from 30 weeks and by the time I got induced it happened almost instantly lol it's like he needed that final push for eviction. I was in hospital for 3 days afterwards also with an infection from the placenta coming apart and they nearly didn't get it out, luckily avoided theatre, spent a few days on an IV but over all it was pretty pleasant! Good luck at your midwife, only you know what the right thing is to do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->