Why are these kids deaths getting to me so hard

Jazzycat123

Reaction score
I don't know if you have heard about the man in Alabama that killed his 5 kids ages (1-8) violently and put their bodies in trash bags and drove around with them for days. But I have never met these kids and I just cannot get this story out of my head. I think about it and it makes me cry constantly.

I think partly because my only child is the same age as the youngest so i know how loving and trusting they are towards their parents. Also, how could anyone, especially a parent do this to his kids?The violent way he did it makes my stomach turn. Use to i could just turn the news off and stop thinking about it but now i cant. Did this get anyone else as much as it did me? have you heard about it? Why does this happen so much?

I haven't heard about that story - but any other stories involving kids being killed, especially by their own parents absolutely destroy me. It actually puts me into depression.... i just can't handle hearing any news about children being hurt or dying. So you're not alone... i think it effecting us so much more now comes with being a mother.

This song is probably lost on most, but it's a line that stood out to me even when I was younger: "mom won't watch the news at night, there's too much stuff that's making her cry."

I think becoming a mom changes most people, sensitizing them. I cry at so many things I never would have before having kids. I think it just means you're a good human being and it's okay to feel emotion like that. If you ask me, it's the most natural reaction. The thought of a father senselessly killing his children SHOULD make anyone cry.

Stories about small kids and animals get me the most. I read about the guy who filmed himself apparently kicking a squirrel off the Grand Canyon the other night and raaaaaaaaaaged so hard at my laptop. WTF is wrong with some people?

Those poor babies. :nope:

Violent deaths in general get to me. Always did. Partly because I'm very sensitive, partly because I've known victims of such crimes... their dad had killed them because if he couldn't get full custody, neither could their mother. There's a similar case that's been omnipresent in the news here (in Quebec) for YEARS, they're still talking about it as he's doing his trial all over again, and it is impossible not to hear about it, it's awful.
Is it worse since I've become a mother? Maybe, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm currently reading a crime novel, and it's hard to go on because there are two little boys my LO's age who were murdered. They're fictional and still it makes me cry. Before I would've thought it was horrible, but I wouldn't think about it once the book is closed.
But as much as it hurts I wouldn't want not to feel a thing when things like that happen. Empathy is good in the end.

I can't even tolerate a bug being killed. The story above about the squirrel just tears me up. I think biologically once you have kids, your instincts just kick in just like growing the second pair of eyes on the back of your head. Those Poor kids. It's like my dad says about kids and pets: if your own Mama n papa don't care for you, then what else is there? They depend on us for survival.

I haven't heard about this case, how heartbreaking :cry:. Stories about children being hurt or killed definitely gets to me more now that I have children, especially when it is the children's parents who have hurt them- it breaks my heart to think that a parent could treat their child so badly.

I'm so sensitive to these sorts of stories now that I'm a parent. For example Jamie Bulger is still remembered widely round here and I grew up hearing the story, it never once got to me until I had a boy the same age and now I can't hear anything about it with tearing up. Maddie McCann didn't really phase me when I was 18 but I cried for hours over little April Jones.
I've not heard about the Alabama case but it sounds awfully tragic :nope:

It's definitely a normal reaction, I get the same, always have done. But now I have my LO, and I here these stories I actually hurt :( I just can't imagine any fear a child may feel when there parent turns on them :nope: it breaks my heart.

There's a story here at the minute about this Mum who was at Dartmoor with her 5 year old, she was carrying him on her back "piggy back ride" and then she jumped off the cliff, they later found her two year old murdered at home.

I just can't ever understand, and I wish people would reach out if they can't cope or they're ill instead of taking the children as well :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->