Why are we waiting????

Babyvoisey

Reaction score
Am I allowed to post this? I'm just being nosey but we are all here for different reasons..

Why are we waiting?

I'm waiting because me and OH have only been together nearly 2 years and I've been diagnosed with a rare auto immune disease which I have to take steroids for so my neuro advised me to wait (didn't seem highly bothered) but me and Oh want to get my health on track first.

We are waiting for 6 months at least x

I'm mainly waiting on my DH. There are other factors but that is the main one; if e said we could try tomorrow I'd say yes! Other factors are:
Losing weight- I'd ideally be 10lb (minimum) lighter before ttc.
Finding the best timing around my work and taking maternity without giving my bosses a heart attack :haha:
DD's sleep improving (There is no way DH would gree to throw another baby into the mix while our daughter is getting up every hour!)
DD being a bit older (this is DH's thing again, he'd like a larger age gap than we have now)

I'm waiting mostly because my OH needs time to get ready to have children. We're pretty young (23 & 24) and while my future baby will be my fourth, it'll be my OH's first and he's not quite ready yet. :dohh:

Also, I want to get most of the way through my degree and my OH would like to have a better job. We also need a bigger place - we want to rent a house or duplex instead of an apartment. I also have some health issues that need to be taken care of, which should be done around a year or so from now.

Our tentative plan is to TTC April 2016, but that may change.

I'm also waiting mostly because of DH. We finally came to an agreement that early next year we can start TTC. We want to do some more stuff to our house first and are now going on an overseas holiday in Feb. I wanted to start TTC in Jan but now I think Feb. If (and it's a big IF) I was to get PG in the first month of trying I don't want to risk being sick on our holiday so we have pushed it to Feb now...

Like the other ladies i am mostly waiting for OH (what is it with men? Haha)
He has legitimate reasons for wanting wait though, things i would be like "we'll work around it, let's try now!" except he totally has a point.
For one, he wants to be closer to an "unlimited" work contract. He works at a huge international company and their policy is to give employees a one year contract twice, and if after the second one year contract if they still keep the employee, it has to be on an unlimited contract. Right now he is in the process of having his second one year contract approved for january.
OH is not suuper concerned about that but he would like to wait till August 2015 so that he can have an idea wether or not his contract will be renewed.
Also we are pretty young (i'm 22, he is 26) and he wants to wait till both of our birthdays, which is early august for both of us (it will be the best birthday present ever!).
Those are the biggest, but i'm also still doing a kind of job school (i'm from germany so english is not my first language, also its hard to explain that kind of system haha) and will be done around may next year.

Those are the main ones :)

im waiting for;
- moving into our home is February when it is finished being built
- we are getting married May and want to start TTC on honeymoon :)

that's a very good question. Money mostly but now we are just waiting because Dh wants to wait to our agreed date and now might have to wait longer because of my job

Because of DH! We had already been trying then he decided he wanted to stop because he wasn't ready for the stress. So it's on hold for now endlessly.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis :hugs:.

We are waiting till we get married in April. We were waiting cause OH wasn't ready but now he's agreed to bring the date forward! :happydance:

Well we're currently in a position that if I did get pregnant we would work around it. But I know I should wait because of me finishing uni (I got 7 months left) in reality I don't want a difficult pregnancy during my final year.

We decided on December as we wanted to save some money and now we are just waiting until December as OH wants to stick to our agreed date. I kept pushing for earlier but he wouldn't agree and now it's next month anyway I'm finally happy! (I've been such a nag but waiting for an arbitrary date is hard!)

mostly on my period returning properly. Only had one since lo was born (he's 8 months) also I'm a bit apprehensive. I hate being pregnant lol. I have easy pregnancies but I always go over. 16 days over with second. 14 days over with my first and I can't stand it. I hate all the over involvement of being induced and poked and prodded etc. ughhhh.

We're in the process of buying a house and I don't want to deal with the stress of that and ttc or having morning sickness at the same time. Also, I'm doing a uni course through work and if I don't finish it within the agreed timescales then they might make me give the course fees back which are 3k! It makes sense to try and time a pregnancy to finish at the same time as the course does. So we're going to have to wait until March/April time. It's so hard to wait though!

Mainly were waiting until my debts have been paid off.

Also I'd like to get my weight down a bit and this extra time will help OH to get more ready.

We are waiting for various reasons.

1. My son has various disabilities and we don't know if his issues are genetic or not. We want to make sure he is settled and receiving all the help he needs before we have another baby. We're also unsure if we'll have another if it turns out my son's disabilities are genetic and will be passed onto another child.

2. My weight. I need to lose quite a bit before having another.

3. OH just got a promotion in his job so we want to sort everything out and be sure we can afford another child.

I have a few reasons;
I'm mainly waiting for my partner to be ready! But we also think I should finish or at least be in my final year of my degree. I'd also quite like to find a part-time job that will fit in around university so i can save some money....being engaged beforehand would be nice too but that's just my preference and isn't the reason for us waiting :blush:
Not sure if we'll be completely 'ready' by then (financially etc), but i have fertility issues that we are both aware of, so we would make it work :)
So the plan is too start TTC toward the end of 2016, (although i'd quite like to bring it forward to the beginning of the year :shhh:)

I am waiting to graduate with my degree in May as well as move across the country. We also need a place big enough for baby as well as money for TTC process (lesbian baby making is expensive) and savings for baby. We may bump up our TTC date but we still plan on waiting for at least another year.

I'm also waiting mostly because of DH. We finally came to an agreement that early next year we can start TTC. We want to do some more stuff to our house first and are now going on an overseas holiday in Feb. I wanted to start TTC in Jan but now I think Feb. If (and it's a big IF) I was to get PG in the first month of trying I don't want to risk being sick on our holiday so we have pushed it to Feb now...

I am in basically the same situation as you! We are taking care of a few updates in the house and are planning on going to Hawaii in February. Like you I don't want to feel unwell on the trip if I were to get pregnant quickly, otherwise we'd probably start trying sooner. Where are you traveling? DH and I visited Australia almost a year ago and it was a trip of a lifetime.. in fact I would love to move there but I figure I should focus on one major change at a time.

Hi everyone!

Me and OH are waiting as our wedding is in December (28th) and although we already are religiously married, I am moving into my inlaws house and having our big Asian wedding party, then we can TTC...

I am English, extremely broody and hell do I want to wait! But culturally his parents are like NO baby making until after the wedding party. I'm like OK... :dohh:

1 month 3 weeks and 5 days to go!

Mainly were waiting until my debts have been paid off.

Also I'd like to get my weight down a bit and this extra time will help OH to get more ready.

Which diet are you on? Or just eating healthy?

Being on steroids I've put on a stone in 2 months so I want to get that down before I start TTC x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->