why are you wtt?

We are wtt because;
1) Finish uni in September
2) Buying a wreck of a house that needs sorting
3) Need to be working for 1 year before entitled to full maternity
4) Going on an amazing holiday to mexico next year

Its so hard waiting even though there are all these reasons, especially because I am surrounding by pregnant women and newborns all day!!!

Because I have just had a baby and also will be starting a new job in November (if I get through the prelim shadowing days), and with that job comes 2-3 years of postgraduate training, and the expectation I will then stay working for the council afterwards. It wouldn't be fair for me to go getting pregnant in the middle of that, so if I do get that job I will have to wait until I finish the training, so around 2012 at the earliest, to start trying again. So Isabella will be 2 and a bit when we start TTC again in that case. I'd like to enjoy her for now anyway.

i don't know!! i guess for the following reasons, which even i can see are not really barriers to having a baby..
- at 26 (27 by the time i gave birth) i'd be one of the first of my friends/ extended group to be a mum and worry it is too young
- feel like i should spend more time on my career to make the most of the education i was given, been working three years but not exactly setting the business world alight!
-enjoy another summer
-waiting till someone i know is pregnant so i can have a pal to go through it with
-enjoy a bit more time with my husband
and mainly..
-i'm scared of the hard work that having a baby entails!!

OK, first post, so here goes....
We're currently WTT for the simple reason that I have been anti-babies for nearly the whole of my life. Then suddenly 9 months after we were married, hormones have started to kick in and suddenly it's all that I can think about. Some of the time....

The rest of the time it's the last thing on my mind. I can't picture me as a mother, I can't even imagine that I would be any good at it. Hubbie has never shown any inclination to have a family and doesn't understand too much as to why I am starting to desire a family now.

So we're waiting... We've agreed that we will wait approximately a year ish, maybe a bit less and then I'll come off my pill permanently.

I've been on it for over 11 years, various different ones, but pills all the same.

I'm just scared that I will be terrible at it.

hey dragonhawk, i can really relate to what you're saying with the on off broodiness. But i'm sure you'd be a fantastic mum, you don't need to have been broody your whole life to be a good one. i still don't feel much when i look at other people's babies, its just the idea of one that my husband and i have created that makes me weak at the knees (some of the time!) just a thought but 11 years on the pill is a long time and sometimes it takes ages the body to adjust after you come off it. you might want to consider coming off it earlier than a year and using other methods just so you have the option if you do feel broodier earlier

Thanks MrsP3.... 99% of the time I have no broody feelings at all. Then I get caught out by the new John Lewis advert and I turn to a blubbery mess!!!

I'm WTC until 2012 - 2013 as Brandon is only a couple of weeks old and it will probably take me that lone to talk OH into it :haha::haha:. But seriously we need to clear a few loans and build up our savings before we can go again. And I'd love to be married as well but if that doesn't happen it wouldn't be the end of the world.

We are waiting because:
1. Age (we're only 18) and don't feel mature enough yet.
2. Uni- I've got another 4 years left
3. We don't live together at the moment
4. We would really struggle for money if we had a baby just now.

Because by baby is 2 months old and I value my sanity.

We are WTT becaue me and my OH are getting married next year so we are waiting till after our honeymoon :)

We are waiting cause hubby gets deployed to the Falklands for 4 months in November and because our son is just 9 months old. i know that some people would be already trying when LO is 9 months but I want the gap a bit bigger.

I am waiting due to 3 miscarriages and I have to wait for test results before we are allowed to try again. Sometimes I feel like saying "stuff it, let's try anyway!". But it's been less than 3 weeks since last mc (I was 19 weeks), so I guess its not a good idea.

i'm waiting because i'm at university & won't be finished for another three years, even though i'd love a baby right noww <3

Wellll....

I am 29 and my maternal urges are super strong now!! My OH and I aren't living together (that will prob change this fall tho!!), he isn't ready, I just started up college again and will be a student for the next several years.

By the time I graduate, I will be of a more advanced maternal age, so I am sort of resigned to making motherhood and school work together. Once I am settled in my career, my OH has decided he will be a stay at home Dad. :hangwashing:

How cool/confusing is that! :baby:

Well, we're getting a house, but we bought a 2 bedroom :dohh:

So I guess we could try in the house but we'd have to move either while I'm pregnant or while I have a newborn, so we shall see.

OH wants to live together about a year before we try... so 2011 earliest

Well, we're getting a house, but we bought a 2 bedroom :dohh:

So I guess we could try in the house but we'd have to move either while I'm pregnant or while I have a newborn, so we shall see.

OH wants to live together about a year before we try... so 2011 earliest

Trade up, doubley! Hehehe!!

Ahhh, I'm just egging you on to ttc. :haha:

Hmmm, well I need to lose a bit more weight and we need to move into a new place. Then I'll be jumping on the OH from every angle, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->