Why can't I just be happy!

3011busyyear

Reaction score
I'm such a miserable cow!
Today hubby sent my some gorgeous flowers, he's never done this before and I was chuffed to bits, except he wrote the card as if they were from LO, saying I was the best mum in the world. That is so sweet isn't it?....but I really wanted them to be from him iykwim. I keep saying 'ooh thank you for the flowers' but he just says they were from LO.

He went to the supermarket to get a few bits whilst I put LO to bed, he came back and had bought loads of snacks for the mummy friends coming round tomorrow. Yep nice again isn't it? But all miserable me could feel was annoyed that he 'interfered' and that I don't want to look like I've gone to way too much effort for a casual coffee afternoon. :dohh:

Why do I feel like this, it's like I can't just chill out and be happy :shrug::cry:

I can understand where you're coming from, really. Sometimes OH treats me so much like a "great mom who needs a break" and sometimes I just kind of want to be treated like a "great wife who needs cuddles."

If you've been feeling this way for a while, do you know if there's anyone to talk to? Being a new mom is stressful and we all know it. It still affects my moods even though I feel like I've kind of settled into a schedule. It might help?? Also, sitting and discussing with your OH how you feel would really help too, I imagine. Judging by all the nice things he's done for you, I can imagine he would be receptive to that.

Awwww that's all mega lush stuff for him to do! Just make him 'appreciate you as a wife' later on when the lights go out LOL!!

I don't mean to sound flippant sorry! I have tried to think of advice but I actually can't! Wha the lady above said makes sense.
:thumbup:

Awwww that's all mega lush stuff for him to do! Just make him 'appreciate you as a wife' later on when the lights go out LOL!!

Err no thanks, not unless he wants to do the night feed too :haha:

Thanks to you both ladies, I'm not usually this miserable and I do have my second AF since LO arrived so I'm sure it's all just hormones :dohh:

if you always feel like that I would say PND but if not its probably hormones :(

Aww Hun, I know what you mean. My OH has his lovely moments and I sometimes get very annoyed by them and I don't know why.

Maybe have a chat with him and tell him you live what he does, but you want him to notice you for you and not just being mummy xxx

I just thought... For my birthday oh framed my fav pic
Of my kiddliwinks the frame says I love my mum, great yeah? Nope in the picture they are laying in grass but he got the wrong frame and the grass is up the side! It was annoying for sure, even though it was nice. I think if you have af then yeah it's pretty Much a given that he could fish that ring out of the ocean from the end of titanic and give it to you on a plate of chocolate and it still be wrong xxxx

Sweetie it does sound like hormones. I'm just like this all the time and I can actually see I'm being vile to poor old DH, but can't help it. It's PND with me and it's horrid. Big hugs - I know how horrible it is when you just want to escape from yourself for a bit coz you're such a grumpy cow! x x

Ooh just noticed you're from Lancashire - not far from me! Must be something in the air! x x

:hugs:
Im sorry your this way.
Not to be personal, but I get this way mid way in my cycle. It lasts a good couple weeks. Poor DH and boys have to suffer for a good 2-3 weeks a month with their mom being unreasonable and a B****
I could of written what you said to a T and I feel so bad your going through the exact same way. I yell and get so annoywed if DH is trying to be nice, then I yell and get annoyed if he doesnt do anything. HE TO says Why cant you ever be happy.
:hugs;

i know what to do.
get someone to watch your LO for the night (if possible) get really dolled up and have your hubby take you on a date.
have a few too many drinks and go home and get at it.
SERIOUSLY

Sometimes my husband and I have to do that and wake up next to eachother the next morning asking "what happened last night?"
LOL

it brings the spontaneity back into your relationship

if that doesn't work then try sitting and having a chat with him about it

HTH

Maybe, he was sort of "embarrased" to buy you flowers? IYKWIM? If it was his 1st time he might just feel basful lol and be making the "there from LO" as an excuse? I think men sometimes dont like to show their feelings but its nice that he did buy them and then
thought "ill say there from LO" ... I think its cute :)

xx

I get like that every so often. DH tried to tidy the kitchen for me when I was preg and I freaked out. It felt a little bit patronizing, as if he was saying I couldn't cope. Now I know he was just trying to help but at the time my hormones were making me nuts!

Don't worry about how you're feeling unless this is an everyday thing? Then I would take to health visitor about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->