Why cant today hurry up....I have another scan tomorrow!

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Why can't we all have a time machine, that can make things speed up a bit!!! Thinking that though, i'd have one to take me to Xmas!

I had my 20w scan a few weeks back, but as some of you know the rude sonographer, told me I was too fat to have the scan then, and I'd have to go back (before I'd even entered the room!) which was lovely! :shrug:

Anyway I have my proper ananomoly (sp) scan tomorrow and i'm soo scared!! I know everything appeared fine when she had a quick 5 min check last time, but she couldnt see any of his head or brain....obviously this is a major thing they need to check and i'm so scared something will be wrong!

Plus I have an abdominal ultrasound at the same time, as I have suspected Gallstones (I'm 99% sure thats what it is) so I'll also find out IF i need an operation at some point :cry::cry:

I hate hospitals at the best of time, but ive never had an operation of anything, the thought scares me senseless!

Wish me luck ladies, and if anyone has magical powers please make it 1pm tomorrow (I have to starve myself for the gallstone ultrasound, so wont be able to eat until at least 2pm :()

I was asked to go back as baby wouldnt turn over, after reading this she was prolly just being nice and its cos i'm too fat too, lol...

Hope tomorrow hurries up for you and all goes well!

I was asked to go back as baby wouldnt turn over, after reading this she was prolly just being nice and its cos i'm too fat too, lol...

Hope tomorrow hurries up for you and all goes well!

I'm sure there's no fat on you hunni :)

I'm a size 22, so it was a fair enough comment....I just wish she'd actually tried to look before presuming she wouldnt be able to see anything!!

Oh and I got the typical...you did know you were meant to fill your bladder....which you obviously havent (err hello if you'd bothered to ask why i'd have told you I've had a stomach bug for 24 hours thank you, and I did try, but when your running to the loo every 10 minutes its quite hard to keep it in!)

Sorry needed to rant there!! I'm praying I dont get the same girl as before (she was about 18 and patronising as hell!)

Well i'm a size 18 and it allll sits on me belly!

Can you check at reception who's doing scans and if it is her get it changed? nobody needs to piss off a pregnant lady!

surely if your bladder is full it shouldnt matter wat size you are?

good luck I have a scan tomorrow too eekkkk xxxxxxxx

I know how you feel...I had my anomaly scan on 10th Aug but baby was in a bit of an awkward position apparently (wouldn't think it from my pic!) but they need to check a couple of other things so I'm going back on Wed....today AND tomorrow need to hurry up out the way :)

Good luck with yours. I can't believe you have to starve yourself until at least 2pm!! Surely thats not healthy for a pregnant woman?! I've got my gestational diabetes test in a couple of weeks and need to starve myself for 12 hours before that but luckily its at 9am!

Oh and if you do need an operation - DON'T WORRY!!! xxx

surely if your bladder is full it shouldnt matter wat size you are?

They do warn on the advice leaflet that sometimes in bigger woman it can be harder to see....but I agree it is a bit silly xx

I've got my anomoly scan on Wednesday so I'd like to borrow your time machine if you manage to invent one in the next 24 hours!

Half of me can't wait to see bubs again - the other half is terrified!

Hiya im exactly the same im 'too fat' and it hurt when she pushed down on my tummy so she gave up n told me to come back cuz she didnt see the brain either so i go back tomorrow too! So excited plus il get to see what team i'm on too :) x

Well i'm a size 18 and it allll sits on me belly!

Can you check at reception who's doing scans and if it is her get it changed? nobody needs to piss off a pregnant lady!

I was considering doing that...but then thought I might seem like a crazy pregnant lady.

Ive decided if I have the same lady and she's not 100% helpful I will ask to see her manager/supervisor as I'm not going to put up with it again.

Surely the scan is meant to be a happy occasion, not one spent riddled with worry that your being judged!

Well good luck girlies!!!! (I'm afraid I havent managed to speed up time! - Sorry!)

xxx

Damn it Buffy.....I thought I could count on you!!!!

Oh well, its 2.30 already (I may have had an hour and half lunch break with an old friend) and think I might stay on here until 5pm......

Then i'm planning on sleeping all tomorrow morning so I wont feel the hunger!! Fingers crossed it'll be time before i realise it!

I was told you don't need a full bladder for the 20 week scan and the waiting room at my hospital actually has big posters up saying that you don't.

It sounds like the woman you saw really didn't know what she was doing - I'm a size 22 and had my 20 week scan at 21 weeks, 2 weeks ago. No problems at all with it - the lady could see everything clearly, we got a fab photo of the baby in profile and she never once mentioned my weight.
I would definately complain about her if you get the same one again and she's as horrible. She should at least try to do the scan before telling you to come back again.

Fingers crossed everything is ok tomorrow. I'm sure it will be...

I was told you don't need a full bladder for the 20 week scan and the waiting room at my hospital actually has big posters up saying that you don't.

It sounds like the woman you saw really didn't know what she was doing - I'm a size 22 and had my 20 week scan at 21 weeks, 2 weeks ago. No problems at all with it - the lady could see everything clearly, we got a fab photo of the baby in profile and she never once mentioned my weight.
I would definately complain about her if you get the same one again and she's as horrible. She should at least try to do the scan before telling you to come back again.

Thanks Hattie :)

I now have some snotty notes in my notes saying, Rachel did not have a full bladder, and I have advised her she must do this for the next appointment.

She even showed me my bladder on screen and said see....its not full at all.

Thanks for the advice that all was Ok with you....I will definately stand up for myself more.....

Another question ladies...once they had done all your measurements etc, did they show you what was on the screen properly?? My lady just went...there's the arms, there's the legs, oh and the spine......before I knew it she'd moved the screen....I felt stupid as I didnt have time to try and work out what was what and it really upset me, plus my OH saw soo much more than me, and came out all happy, where as I just wanted to cry.

Thanks Hattie :)

I now have some snotty notes in my notes saying, Rachel did not have a full bladder, and I have advised her she must do this for the next appointment.

She even showed me my bladder on screen and said see....its not full at all.

Thanks for the advice that all was Ok with you....I will definately stand up for myself more.....

Another question ladies...once they had done all your measurements etc, did they show you what was on the screen properly?? My lady just went...there's the arms, there's the legs, oh and the spine......before I knew it she'd moved the screen....I felt stupid as I didnt have time to try and work out what was what and it really upset me, plus my OH saw soo much more than me, and came out all happy, where as I just wanted to cry.

My sonographer didn't show me much either.... :cry:

My sister came with me and saw much more than I did. The woman seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood though..she had someone in there with her training, she seemed to be getting a bit narky with him!!

I had the same woman on my first scan...she shouted at me for having my head lifted up cos I was trying to see the screen. She said it tensed my stomach and made it harder to see the baby...and assured she would turn the screen round so I could see...and she never did.

Ah well....at least I have no chance of seeing a little todger haha!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->