Why do I have a +opk at 9dpo??

Erika_Whitney

Reaction score
It is normal for me to have dark OPK's leading up to AF, but is it just me or is this a positive one? Is that normal? Maybe I didn't O when I thought and now my body is trying to 3 days before AF is due?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 3
I really don't want to get your hopes up by saying this and I have to evidence to back it up BUT I have heard that if you're pregnant then am ok will show as positive. Like I said, this may be true or complete bollocks, just wanted to put it out there lol. Good luck xxxx

I read that too while googling but that by the time an opk was positive a HPT would be too, and mine is no where near positive :(

sometimes you can have a lh surge right before af as well so it can happen

Some women get a urge before their period. OPKs do not become positive from HCG until much later on. A hpt will always show positive for hcg before an OPK will.

I get a darker opk before AF every month. Never got a positive though. Maybe I will BD just in case haha

Tonight's OPK's. Why can't I get lines these dark on hpt's haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 0
Similar for me this cycle SUPER DUPER positive opk on CD 19 so 6 dpo.
It's the most positive i've ever seen an opk in my 3 years ttc we made sure do bd!
and we had just bd the day prior! Get to bd just in case your oing!

You too?? Isn't it the strangest thing? I wish I knew what made an LH surge before AF if that's what it really is. We made sure to BD as well, what if it is a late O then we have to go through 2 back to back 2 week waits haha.

Of course I can't refrain from testing with everything, this is my IC this morning, supposedly 10miu. I'm not really crazy about them, I feel like I see a hint of something but it doesn't seem to have color. Did come up in the time frame though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 13
Hi hun, ive subscribed to this as the same thing happened to me, I got a blazing positive, the strongest line ive ever got on an OPK. Took an IC today from 10miu and there is a sort of line there but i'm not sure if it's got colour to it and it's really thin, not sure if it's an indent? Anyways I will be testing again tomorrow when I get my new batch of tests through in the post. Good luck to you, hopefully it's a good sign for the both of us. x

Forgot to add, i'm not due AF for another 9 days as I have 32 day cycles and got positive OPK yesterday so I doubt I would get an LH surge connected to period coming that early so it doesn't make sense. x

Sending baby dust your way!!!! My AF is due in just a few days, I also have a 32 day cycle, I ovulate pretty late in my cycle with only (I think) a 11-12 day luteal phase, so mine could be correlated with my period.

How long have you used the 10miu tests for? I'm not sure what I think about them.

Sending baby dust your way!!!! My AF is due in just a few days, I also have a 32 day cycle, I ovulate pretty late in my cycle with only (I think) a 11-12 day luteal phase, so mine could be correlated with my period.

How long have you used the 10miu tests for? I'm not sure what I think about them.

Well this is our first cycle back ttc after our miscarriage. When I was pregnant with my little boy we got our BFP on a 10miu IC but this time around I bought them off a different seller on ebay and instead of the normal size strips I bought the wide ones, I regret buying these ones tbh they all seem to have indents in them, theres defo a line there today but no colour I don't think :shrug: I will go to the shop and get some 10 miu tomorrow, I used them to confirm my BFP I got with the IC so trust them the most, just can't afford to buy them ones to test with all the time as they are so expensive compared to ICs so like to save them for confirmation. Will you be testing again in the morning? x

Alot of people get an estrogen surge right before AF but of u dont see AF when its due and no bfp either, then u def could have oed late. Id BD tonight just for safety. Have u ever tried temping? Itd help you from having to deal with confusing moments like this because you will know for sure when u oed by temping. Either way, good luck! Oh and also 9dpo is VERY common for implantation to take place and alot of times estrogen will surge when implantation happens as well which can cause a positive opk. FX for you!! Ill be stalking :) and you are correct about hpts being able to pick it up before an opk BUT the surge can be an early pregnancy sign. It can go either way! But like I said, id def get to bding incase u had delayed O. Its very common for women to O late and that's why women get late AF alot. I hope this helped some. I didn't read all the other posts before I answered lol hope I didn't repeat what anyone else said

EDIT- I thought u said u were 9dpo so forget what I said about that lol but now u know that for future knowledge :).

Hi hun, ive subscribed to this as the same thing happened to me, I got a blazing positive, the strongest line ive ever got on an OPK. Took an IC today from 10miu and there is a sort of line there but i'm not sure if it's got colour to it and it's really thin, not sure if it's an indent? Anyways I will be testing again tomorrow when I get my new batch of tests through in the post. Good luck to you, hopefully it's a good sign for the both of us. x

wait until you see it noticeably darker before u invest ur feelings in wondfo positives. Ive seen more pink Line evaps in the past month then i can even count. There were 50+ tests total with nasty bfp looking evaps. If it gets darker, then id def say uve got ur bfp but if it stays the same for a few days, id use a frer to ease ur mind. Frer will pick up a level of 12.5 or less. For me it picked up levels of less than 10. I just dont want to see you crushed bcuz of this brand test and the many bad batches out there right now. It very well could be ur bfp but i wanted u to be aware of this. I wasn't aware that it could be an evap showing up in the time frame, even with color and google told me it was probably positive but they weren't and i wish i had someone else to warn me :-\. I was crushed. Anyways, sry for rambling...im just trying to get this bad wondfo warning.out to all the ladies on here. I called the company to complain about it for all of us. Like i said, I'm not saying this is the case for u so plz dont take this post wrong! I truly hope its ur BFP but i think u should be aware of evaps and those tests. Evaps are sooooo cruel! Its not fair! Ill be stalking you! I personally had a good batch with this brand (i had evaps with blue dye like 11 months ago and some on equate more recently) so FX u got a good batch too! :) cant wait til.the a.m when u test again!! FX FX FX!

Forgot to add, i'm not due AF for another 9 days as I have 32 day cycles and got positive OPK yesterday so I doubt I would get an LH surge connected to period coming that early so it doesn't make sense. x

so if AF isn't due for 9 days, I'm 99% certain that you DID ovulate a few days late. It happens all the time. So id move ur normal AF due date 3 days out (or however many days later u oed) so you dont think AF is late. If u O late, u get AF late. I'm sure u already know that tho :). Good luck!

Now this is just getting ridiculous. Neg on HPT's but still getting positives on my OPK's. Cramps still.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1
Morning hun, still no idea what is happening with me, usually take OPK's in the afternoon to get a more accurate result but took one this morning along with my HPT and the OPK still had a line but not a blazing positive and BFN on my 10miu internet cheapy so it is leaning towards the fact that I O'd late in my cycle this time. Thing is because we thought we had already O'd and still getting over this virus we gave ourselves a break on tue, wed and thurd from BDing as doing it throughout having this virus has nearly killed us HAHA. But then got the blazing positive on sat afternoon, BD'd straight away and then sunday got a strongish line but not as strong as sat and didn't BD until bedtime last night so really if I did O on sat/sun then we've only got that one shot to get the tadpole up there, just hope it's enough. Thing is i'm having preggo symptoms that are normal preggo ssymptoms for me, mainly minging spots all over my face so clinging to the knowledge posted by another poster on here who said you can get LH surge at implantation and hope my levels double fast and get BFP tomorrow :shrug:

Are you in the UK?(Just going by the time you've posted there) If so only ever take OPK's around 2pm, it's not recommended to take them in the morning as your levels of LH (don't know the technical term) are more concentrated so give false result.

Doyle x

No I'm not in the UK, I just get up really early haha. We bd'ed Saturday during the day but didn't last night. Maybe a tmi question, but while you were getting all these pos OPK's have you had ewcm?? I had so much Saturday and yesterday, but I don't know if that's because of the OPK's or not, I typically get it several times throughout the month.

See my OPK's are always lighter in the morning then darken throughout the day. I have only started testing in the morning when I started getting all these positives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->