• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do I keep losing my babies? :'( UPDATE hpts still getting darker?!

MaisyMay

Oakley's Mummy & 1baking!
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to intense cramps, my beta on Monday was only 34 at four weeks. I was supposed to have another one done today, but there's no point now, the bleeding will start any minute. I also had a loss at the same stage last month. My pregnancy with my little boy was perfect, so why do I keep losing babies now? I'm so heartbroken and angry with my body. I'm scared to try again cos I know I'll have another loss if I got pregnant. My dr won't do anything, I guess I'll have to wait for a third loss! I asked at least for progesterone support and he said an ob would have to provide that, it would be too late by the time I saw an ob :'(

So sorry hun. If you aren't actually bleeding you should go to docs and have the blood drawn, maybe baby is just fine. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope everything turns out ok xx

Thank you, I'm having my second beta done this morning. If I don't start bleeding by the time my appointment arrives I'll go and get it done. Just waiting for bleeding though xx

Hope it is just reg preg cramping and not a loss for u Hun, cramping is very common in first few weeks, i felt like my period was coming all the time first Cpl weeks xxx

So sorry hun :( I had an early loss last year and it isn't nice. I really sympathise with you. I hope you don't bleed and everything is ok xxx

Thank you all so much for your support. The cramping completely stopped after an hour, still no bleeding. I still think I'm losing this bubba though due to the fact my beta was so low at what I think was four weeks. I've just got to get through today and then I'll probably know the results of this beta. At least I won't be wondering with false hope anymore. I'll update you when I know my beta xx

Awww Maisy I remember you from my last pregnancy our due dates were very near.. I hope you can remember me. I hope everything works out OK for you, I don’t actually know what Beta is? Is that HCG? I had a lot of cramping earlier on in pregnancy and actually had it a couple of days ago so bad it had me in the fetal position. xxx

I woke up this morning to intense cramps, my beta on Monday was only 34 at four weeks. I was supposed to have another one done today, but there's no point now, the bleeding will start any minute. I also had a loss at the same stage last month. My pregnancy with my little boy was perfect, so why do I keep losing babies now? I'm so heartbroken and angry with my body. I'm scared to try again cos I know I'll have another loss if I got pregnant. My dr won't do anything, I guess I'll have to wait for a third loss! I asked at least for progesterone support and he said an ob would have to provide that, it would be too late by the time I saw an ob :'(

Hi there, so very sorry to hear this. I've no children yet, sadly. Last year I lost four pregnancies. The docs/gynae said they can't help because they've no proof of the pregnancies. What they meant was they've not seen them on a scan. So I said, well I could have early losses 1000 times before you see any in a scan and what you're telling me simply isn't good enough. Anyway, they were good and started me on tests.

I found out in December I'm pregnant again and called for extra support as couldn't face another loss (this was an unexpected but welcomed pregnancy).

Long story short, they cocked up my bloods. Y lying about results and what they had tested for when I told them I had thalassemia in family. So I complained and the hospital has since been superb.

My point is, don't give up. Remain assertive and persistent with medical teams.

Your angels will be with you forever now, and will support you in your next pregnancy. They were simply too beautiful for this world xx

Good luck xx

:hugs: I hope the cramps are just normal early pregnancy cramps. Will be thinking of you.

Big hugs hun. I am still thinking positive thoughts for you and hoping the cramping was normal pregnancy ones x

I'm incredibly sorry Hun! Miscarriages are just plain awful! I would go in for the beta today, regardless, because if you do miscarry, you want it documented. Huge gentle hugs!!!

Cramps still aren't back and still no blood, I keep running to the loo like a crazy knicker checker! I've had my blood test and should get the results later today. I'm shaking like mad at the thought of the dr calling, I can't help but get my hopes up as ridiculous as that is. My dh has taken the day off which I'm so grateful and my father in law and his wife are coming over so hopefully I'll have distractions until I get the call and then I'll have a lot of support xx

Praying for you that they were regular pregnancy cramps or just "after sex" cramps if you have been with hubbie recently. Over the weekend I thought I was miscarrying too. Cramps was awful and was the same feeling as the cramps I had when I miscarried but then I thought maybe it was because me and my dh having sex. I noticed the cramps started almost immediately after like within an hour and didn't go away until a good 16 hours later. I worried the entire day but they went away and no spotting. I read that this was common after sex. Probably not fair to my hubbie but I haven't let him near me since!

Fingers crossed, I have a good feeling for you xxx

I like your good feeling jembug, thank you :) I'm very anxious, but I'll know soon. I promise to update you all, even if it is the bad news that I'm dreading xx

Maisy, I'm sorry you're going through this. I had two consecutive losses prior to having my daughter in March of last year. If you are indeed miscarrying again (and I would NOT count yourself out yet! A beta of 34 at 4 weeks or less is not that surprisingly low...we'll see if it doubles, as that is what matters), you will most likely have to have 3 consecutive losses before most doctors will begin any recurrent miscarriage testing.

Statistically speaking, most miscarriages are due to chromosomal defects, or flaws that occur either from the egg, the sperm, or something funky happens when the sperm meets the egg. So, one could say that the vast majority of miscarriages are just bad luck, and if a couple continues to try, then they will get lucky, and eventually have a successful pregnancy.

However, there are a lot of women who do have issues hanging on to their pregnancies...and you can find many of them right here on this site. I have met many lovely ladies on here who have had 3 miscarriages. 6 miscarriages. 8 miscarriages. I know one gal who has had 11 miscarriages. And most have all gone on to have a rainbow baby. So, I guess my point, is that having two losses in a row is tough, and it's sad, and it's awful, but it does NOT mean by any stretch that you're not going to get your baby in the end.

The key is to keep TRYING. :hugs: Take care, and I look forward to seeing what your beta results are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->