Why do people say 'OT' when its their thread?!

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
You're deciding the topic when you make the thread!

IDGI :shrug:

I thought it was when they post a thread in baby club or one of the pregnancy tri forums for advice unrelated to babies or pregnancy? I suppose they would be better in the general chat forums but people tend to stay in one area of the forum?

Yeah im the same I dont get It either lol.xxx

I thought it was when they post a thread in baby club or one of the pregnancy tri forums for advice unrelated to babies or pregnancy? I suppose they would be better in the general chat forums but people tend to stay in one area of the forum?

Yeah but if you look in this section (general chat) there's 3 'OT' titles.

There's 5 actually!

I'm pretty sure the Dettol soap one was moved from babyclub. Perhaps the others were moved from another section?

Oh! Silly me, that now makes sense haha.

Omg, I literally just said the same thing to my OH haha. Great minds think alike!

if they were moved from other areas it makes sense to me but if they were posted in here originally then IDGI

Oh, I have no idea either then?! Sorry!

I've always thought the same thing! How is it off topic if it's general chat?!? You can talk about anything here!!

ive always thought this lol...there's no set topic for general chatter!! never occured to me they had been moved from other sections :dohh:

Usually ones with OT have been made in an irrevalent section and so have been moved to here :)

I know for a fact that a bunch got moved here from other sections, so it's definitely because they were Off topic (OT) in another part of the forum.

Yeah it's been bugging me lately too, loads of threads in general with "off topic" in the title, to be honest the only thing I want to reply with is

"this is general chatter, there is NO TOPIC!" :rofl:

Most of them have been made in another section and moved here.

well why are people making threads in sections they know theyre inappropriate in :growlmad: OUR MODS ARE VOLUNTRY OMG

I must admit i always post food Q's in baby club :/
I find it gets a lot more responces than in the weaning section or quicker responces should i say lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->