• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

why do u need wait for AF before ttc again?

gumb69

No.3 on its way
Reaction score
Hiya,

Just wondering what is the reason i'm assuming it's medical that you need to wait for AF before trying again after a m/c. i had a d & c at 10 weeks and just wondering why they tell you wait for AF before trying again. is it because your chances of having another m/c are very high if you don't have an AF in between.

i'm going to wait for AF but just wondering why? i wont' get pregnant again straight away as it two years and a year of fertility treatment to get this far, and i'm off all my meds now and starting IVF in March.

THanks ladies x

hey hunny most docs say after a normal mc to wait for af to come so they can date ur pregnancy more accurately should u get preg again next cycle, now with D&C its a different reason this is what i was told after mine....
doc said for me to wait for at least 1 af after the erpc to try again not for dating reasons but for ur womb lining reasons, during the D&C ur womb lining is scrapped away and left very very thin, now for a baby to attach successfully u need to have around 2-4mm thickness of lining (done my research) this lining will continue to thicken once preg is established also, now after a D&C theres barely even 1mm of it there, now lets say u ov 14 days after ur D&C its not very much time for ur lining to build to that amount so u would either mc b4 5 weeks is up or u could just conceive but it has no luck in attaching at all and af would still show.
i took my gynes advise and i waited 2 cycles not 1 after the D&C as to let my body get bk to its proper state and have 1 true cycle, sadly it took 14 months to conceive after the D&C but i do not believe it was anything to do with the D&C as i had other probs in there to deal with for a long while which i believe hindered me getting preg again.
id defo wait huns its worth it if u have been told this and had a D&C they do say it for more than dating reasons in these cases xxx
i do hope this helps answer ur query huns and sorry to hear ur starting the IVF line i do hope u get another sticky bean b4 that happens :flow:

I had an ERPC which is similar to a D&C but does not involve any scraping. It still involves your cervix being opened and instead of scraping they use a suction device to remove what's in your womb.

My surgeon told me that there was nothing to say that we couldn't start trying straight away and a one cycle wait would be advised due to dating reasons.

x x x x x

thanks ladies. i'm going to wait one cycle. hopefully my cycle will come back soon. i had the d&c on tuesday so it's not even a week ago,and i'm still spotting. i read that you need to have had no bleeding for 20 days, and then if you start bleeding again that it's your true AF.i'm going into the hospital again on monday so hopefully my hcg levels have dropped and hopefully nearly at zero.
best of luck in your ttc journey's it's a rollercoaster xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->