Why does becoming pregnant make you an agony aunt? lol

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
So in the last two days I've had 3 people come to me saying "My periods late I think I might be pregnant."
I had another one asking me 3 days after she had unprotected sex if I got symptoms that early! lol

I know people need to ask other people advice and I'm not being bitchy, I just think it's weird how I've had 3 in 2 days! :rofl:

It turns out one of them is pregnant, one isn't and one isn't sure yet cus she hasn't done a test....

I just feel like my friends think I must know everything about pregnancy cus I'm pregnant. I have to keep reminding them that advice off pregnant friends about symptoms isn't substitute for a pregnancy test! lol

Has anyone else had this?

lol no i havnet but i think they are just askin random people probably coz u are in the same triminster as her i duno lol x

I have hun, fair enough if they asked what symotoms id had and things like that but every pregnancy is different and like you said hun they'll not no without testing.

LOL no hun, but that is cute. Suddenly you are a pregnancy expert to them. ;) Nothing will tell you like a test! That is what I would tell em'

YES!!

Suddenly everyone tells me the day their period is late and obsesses to me until they get it when they screw up their pill or don't use a condom, LOL.

YES!!

Suddenly everyone tells me the day their period is late and obsesses to me until they get it when they screw up their pill or don't use a condom, LOL.

Yeah I'm getting that as well as the ones trying to get pregnant. Its like:

Them "I had sex without a condom 3 months ago and i think I might be pregnant and I keep feeling sick, do you think I am?"
Me: "Have you taken a test."
Them: "ummm no!"

lol.

I get this too!! It drives me up the walls! One of my friends is TERRIBLE with it! She is constantly asking my questions about being pregnant! She is a few weeks ahead of me but the funny part is I'm a first time mom this is her THIRD!!! Shouldn't it be ME asking her the questions! For someone who has gone through this already she sure knows nothing :dohh:

I get this too!
i actually really like it, i feel like im doing my part for this world! :rofl:

yeah I had a few send me question on my profiles thinking they where preg and asking me the symptoms etc I wasnt bothered by it as they where young and glad they turned to someone for help. I am an agony aunt anyway.

I think some people think if you're pregnant you have this magical diagnosing ability like you can see their uterus glowing, and thats it's something only pregnant people can see lol. The amount of questions i get asked, my teenage neighbour asked me the other day, if i was definitely pregnant to which i said yes, so she said, and you definitely had sex? Again yes, to which she replied Oh my god! and ran off crying, not a happy story there me thinks. My mums neighbour was the classic though, told everyone she was pregnant and had her husbands parents pay for an early scan, to be told she was not pregnant, when asked what happened she admitted her period lasted one day less than normal that month, which was odd so she must be pregnant, she hadn't taken a test or anything, just assumed as period was one day less she was expecting, what i found weird was she was 33 and had previously had 2 kids.
The other thing which amazes me is, you tell people you're pregnant, in my case around 8 weeks, and they ask, so what are you having then? Ummm a baby, then they say no boy or girl? They all seem to assume that you just know which some do i know that, or that the doctor can tell you this stuff that early, and you say you won't know till 20 weeks, and they say oh thats crap! I swear i am losing patience with the person who asks me EVERY week what i am having and gets the not for ages yet line everytime.

Yeah I can sympathise littlemansmum, people were asking me from about 10 weeks if I was having a boy or a girl... even people who have kids themselves!

Wow, sometimes you get some pretty stupid questions huh???
I do think it's cute though when they come for advise.... i think it's cuz you could possible have something in common.

I also think it's funny when people ask me if I know if it's a boy or girl yet, from about 3 months... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->