Why does temp need to be taken at the same time?

kazine

Meatballs for Two!
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the logic behind this ? What difference does time of day make to your body rather than how much sleep you've had? I am on medication so I sleep for the same amount of time solid (usually about 10 hours) I don't get up at the same time, I wake up when I wake up and I can't get back to sleep. I also wake up periodically in the morning and go back to sleep which I can't help.

So how come the time of day makes a difference? To me it seems like if I take my meds and wake up 10 hours later my temp seems consistent no matter what time of day it is. I've found if I've gone to bed really late but woke up on time that I normally take my temps, they can be lower. I'm not sure if these meds (major sedative) would throw off my natural body clock? I just don't understand why it has to be the same time of day lol, I understand why it has to be 4 hours straight. My last 2 charts have been okay (ish) bar a few times I woke up before or after my usual 10 hours lol.

If anyone could explain this I'd be grateful as I'm very confused :dohh:

Its mostly the external factors. As the day progresses the temperature outside rises which can effect your body temp.
30 mins plus minus is ok.

I agree with Mrs WKJ..
The reason you have to take your BBT at the same time is because the later you take your BBT the higher it's gonna be because your body tends to get warm later in the day so you can see the thermal shift on your chart.

I agree with Mrs WKJ..
The reason you have to take your BBT at the same time is because the later you take your BBT the higher it's gonna be because your body tends to get warm later in the day so you can see the thermal shift on your chart.

Unrelated but that's one hell of a dip on your chart there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->