Why not to get a doppler

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
We've been finding "Smudge"s heartbeat all week super easily. DH told his parents that on Thursday and I've not found it since :cry: I'm sure bubba is fine and I seem to find the placenta higher up than it was last week. I'm not slim so it could be that there's too much padding to get to the baby now that it's moving up? But I can't help worrying.
On one hand I love that I got a doppler and have heard it at home as I was feeling great about Wednesday's scan. Now I'm worried again.

Hope the scan will put your mind at rest.

Aw hun baby is still has soooooo much room in there and could be behind the placenta for all you know, try not to worry, and just look forward to your scan xx

Baby could be just hiding hun mine was a bugger to find last week.

Hey hun
Iv had a few points where iv freaked where iv not heard LO, even though i always told myself i wouldnt. Try drinking a big glass of something cold, using lots of gel, and (as u know) staying low. Im nearly 18 weeks and my LO is still only half way between pubic bone and belly button. At 11 weeks they wereright on pubic bone. Try angling it so its going right into ur hip (my lo used tohide there-it surprised me when i found it there!), or angling it so its pointing behind ur pubic bone as ur uterus maybe hasnt totally moved up yet. Can u hear any bumping noises or swimming like noses?? Cos it took me ages to realise they are usually LO too.

Someone on here said to try a nice hot shower, which works too, and when i had my scan and LO fell asleep, they got me to do some very hard coughs, so u feel like ur using ur tummy muscles, to wake it up and get it moving.

I know its sooo hard but do try not to stress. Everyone i know has had times where they cant find them- if they are behind the placenta or have their backs to you it makes it harder. Maybe ur LO has found a nice cosey hidey hole thats in a place that is difficult to locate?? Mine moves about so much, but at about 13 weeks it just stayed right next to my left hip for days, it was weird.

Good luck and just try not to worry- much easier said than done i know but ul be fine xx

Dont worry. He's so small and has plenty of room to bounce around and play hide and seek. Its really common to not always find the heartbeat.

I don't try to use my Doppler often. Tried once at 10.5 weeks with no luck. Panicked, went to my obs and everything was fine. Tried again at 11 .5 weeks and no success either. My doctor told me it's hard for even the medical students she teaches to find the hb with a hand held Doppler. I haven't tried since and don't want to try for another week!

If I hadn't been finding it perfectly I wouldn't be so worried :-( at least scan is on Wednesday! I'm not even sure I can find the placenta properly anymore. Really hoping it's because bubba has moved further up and I'm too tubby to hear lol!
It's hard because the whooshy sound that I usually get off placenta has too many "wow wow" sounds of my hb near it - it's hard to tell whether it's placenta or an echo of my blood vessels

Is it not too early for that? I know there's a heartbeat at like 6 weeks but always thought it was too early to find it before like 17/18 weeks because it's so tiny. I only heard mine when the midwife did it every few weeks from then x

It depends on the doppler hun. I've got a hi bebe one that can find it from 10 weeks. I've been finding mine since 10+2 but SIL didn't find hers till 14 with the same one. It all depends if bubba is playing along lol. It's an ultrasound doppler rather than one that magnifies the sound.

There are loads of reasons that you might not find it now. The baby can move around a lot now, your bladder could be less empty. Which doppler are you using? Are you sure you were hearing the heartbeat? I know loads of people who thought they were until the MW actually found it and it sounded totally different xx

I just wanted to say that you are not far from me... I also live in Chorley :)

I am sure the baby has just moved a bit and as you are still quite early on it can only pick up the heart beat when it is in certain positions.

There are loads of reasons that you might not find it now. The baby can move around a lot now, your bladder could be less empty. Which doppler are you using? Are you sure you were hearing the heartbeat? I know loads of people who thought they were until the MW actually found it and it sounded totally different xx

I certain;ly hope it's not mine at 173 bpm ;-) :haha: I can usually hear mine, then the whooshy placenta (which I've just found) and then baby's superfast HB - I have a recording of it on my phone from earlier in the week. I guess it could have just turned around. I'm trying all sorts to get it to move lol. I feel fine though and no spotting/ cramps so I'll just assume baba is ok! I was finding it after emptying my bladder earlier in the week, but I think it was because I found it once I knew where to look.

I find I have to push quite hard with mine to find the lower baby-that was after I realised the heartbeats I was hearing were my own doh! Takes a while to find both as they do shift about a bit! I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and even now it's so quite on the doppler we have to strain!

Little bugger couldn't hide forever - heard it albeit briefly :cloud9:

that's great news hun! :happydance:

the same thing is happening to me. i got my doppler on Friday, wasn't expecting to hear it at 9 weeks but did and haven't heard it since. but i am totally OK with it, i know baby and move and it is sooo early to hear so i feel lucky i did and am waiting to again. i am sure i will soon!

Lol it just seemed odd having heard it about 10 times straight away and then nothing! Little beggars lol! You'll get it back. You're lucky to have heard it at 9 weeks! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->