Why oh why . . .

Cat

Reaction score
Did I think I could manage to decorate a whole house when Im pregnant and have a 15 month old child to look after!?!?!?!

Today I have been trying to balance on a ladder on the stairs painting with my baby bump, while Noah decided to remove every single DVD from the cabinet while I was out of the room. I have paperwork and housework piling up that I have no time to do and carpet fitters coming Monday so I have to get all painting done and dry before hand. To top it off I got delayed this moring after waking up to find Noah had crapped out half his body weight in dioreah which had all escaped his nappy, all up his back, on his legs arms even in his hair! I had to pick him up fully dressed and dump him in the bath to hose him off with the shower, much to his disgust, and had to do a load of washing cause everything was covered in crap!

What a joyful day!

Aw hon it sucks :( We've been given permission to go in before completion to do some work (we're buying a different place that needs loads done aswell), and I'm so thankful for that. Really not looking forward to getting it done though.

:( oh no what a day!
Really hope u get everythin done for the carpet fitters on monday.
Good luck
x

Today I have been trying to balance on a ladder on the stairs painting with my baby bump
I'm more concerned that you should be careful cat! :)

Yeah cat u need to take care :D

I cant help it, Im a DIYfiend, normaly I love it, plus Iget it instead of the whole nesting/cleaning thing. Last PG I decorated nearly every room in the house and I was laying a patio at 7 months.

After I have got this done, next week Im stripping the bathroom and re tiling the walls floor to ceiling!

Hun be careful, thats dangerous enough as it is but with a bump!!!! take care hunny, I know how it is wanting to get things finished, maybe get a decorator in ?

Cat you sound like me! I couldn't let anyone else decorate when I was pregnant. That's the control freak in me. Mind you I didn't have a LO at home. You should be careful though, don't go up ladders etc. unless you have someone else at home or your mobile close to hand.

I was decorating when i was pg too, not that i'm good at it, i just got sick of waiting for other people to do it.

please be careful - especially about fumes and heights!

can nobody watch noah for a bit so you can get on without him under your feet? x

oh no thats no good i thought pregant woman could not paintas of teh fumes?

I decorated and painted a disney montage in my oldest ones room while i was PG, and when i was PG with the little on i painted his room too.

Fumes are ok but have to be a well ventilated room expecially with Gloss.

The whole paint fumes is a myth, what you do have to be carefull for is if your stripping old paint that contains lead, this is dangerous, other than that its fine.

I got OH to take the day off work yesterday so he could look after noah for me. He wasnt impressed, thought he was going to be doing manly DIY but Ijust had him look after noah and do house work lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->