Why won't he open his mouth :(

Z

Zoex89x

Hi all :) I started weaning my daughter last year at 5months and she took to it brilliantly and was on 3 meals a day by 6months I now also have a 5month old boy(Thier only 14months apart) and thought I'd do the same so started to try and wean him from yesterday but he won't even open his mouth :( I tried again today with no luck can anyone help please what am I doing wrong this time around? He can sit well and had great co ordination with putting things in his mouth I don't know what to do? Thanks for by help x

Just been reading through some other posts and bow thinking what with his hand co ordination being very good perhaps I should wait until he's 6months and give BLW a go? What do u all think? I'd be very grateful for any advice thankyou.

I think maybe you should do as you're thinking; some LOs are just not ready at five months and BLW is really great for some babies xx

I would say he isn't ready hun :flower:

BLW is amazing, I did it with my LO and we had no problems!

If I were you, I'd wait a few weeks then give LO something he can start to chew on himself. If you read up online there's lots of great suggestions for 'first foods'. We used Banana, just gave her a whole one :haha:
:flower:

All babies are different, it sounds like he's just not ready. Wait for a while and then try again.

Aw thankyou for your advice, I think I am going to wait a few more weeks and then give BLW a try but il have to read up a bit more on it before I start as I don't have a clue what to give hehe x

Get the book "Baby Led Weaning" by Gil Rapely if you are interested. Basically, no baby rice,no spoon feeding,no purees. Highly suggest you read so that you have a good understanding, as many people seem to confuse TW with finger foods and BLW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->