Why WTT is hard if you haven't TTC before

calm

Reaction score
Well, I talk as someone that has never TTC.

I am a great stalker of the TTC section, and I do know that many women have a terrible time with the whole journey. But I still think if you are WTT (and especially if you don't have kids and have never experienced TTC) you have the worst bit. Why? (In brackets is my being fair to TTC's)

- As I have never tried to get pregnant, I don't know if I can get pregnant, and as many other women like me you get paranoid about fertility issues. (But women do have this problem when TTC after having kids too)

- When TTC there is always that hope that this month is THE MONTH. (True that with big excitement comes big disappointments too). However, I don't have that excitement, I know AF is coming sooner or later, and no baby has been made.

- Doing something is better that just dreaming

- I would feel entitled to look up baby things promised myself not to buy any until 5 months pregnant

- I could get the joy of peeing on a stick, I never have before.

At this moment I just think WTT sucks and I just wanna try :cry: Don't want the moon, a fancy car or to be rich and famous, just want a baby, please :(

That is very true. Not having ever TTC, I can't imagine how they feel, but at least with TTC you have some hope that this will be the month. It hurts knowing FOR SURE this isn't the month.

I second every thing you have said. Iv never been pregnant so i dont know if there is anything wrong with me or OH. When ttc you have the hope that this month could be it, where as in WTT you are know nothing is going to happen unless your comdom manages to split.

Oh hun, you know the answer to this: "your time will come". I truly believe you will find the strenth to push aside, bury or tear apart what holds you back and you will once you are so sick of things that instead of getting upset, you get annoyed and that will put your energy towards getting better once and for all. I don't know if you remember I was having weight/diet issues and I admire your will power to go through with a diet and am on my way to getting into the groove. My hubby has a lot to do with it but I'm slowly turning into the person I want to be. Remember I'm around if you need to talk. xxx

Truth be spoken. I'm constantly worried about me and my OH having fertility problems, it's a scary world when WTT.:nope:

I know exactly how you feel :( WTT is killing me atleast when TTC you are doing something proactive other then waiting.. and totally understand your worries about fertility :( I think its just nice to come on here and keep each other strong!

Time will tell, when the moment is right you will know it, best of luck for you.

Oh hun, you know the answer to this: "your time will come". I truly believe you will find the strenth to push aside, bury or tear apart what holds you back and you will once you are so sick of things that instead of getting upset, you get annoyed and that will put your energy towards getting better once and for all. I don't know if you remember I was having weight/diet issues and I admire your will power to go through with a diet and am on my way to getting into the groove. My hubby has a lot to do with it but I'm slowly turning into the person I want to be. Remember I'm around if you need to talk. xxx

Funny, I used anger in the past when I was 18, after years of anxiety being a protagonist. It did work. The problem is I couldn't use it anymore, it just doesn't seem healthy anymore to ride on such negative emotions.

I also feel like I am becoming the person I want to be, just so very slowly haha. Need to get more in gear for sure. I have a plan more or less, when and why I want to start TTC, but I will tell you about it when I am more on the path. So glad you are getting on with diet, March is very nearly here!!! xxx

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking!

Not knowing if we will be able to get pregnant, how long it will take, what it will feel like, not knowing ANYTHING about TTC, really, is driving me crazy!!! :wacko:

Not knowing what to expect is worse than thinking of everything that could go wrong!

My hubby has actually started talking about TTC in the spring . . . but I'm not getting my hopes up. :cry:

Although, LOL, if you look at my signature, that might be easier said than done!
:flower:

i agree with everything you have said. i also worry about not being able to get pg, i think we all do if we have never been there. I am also not asking for the world, i dont want lots of money, or a new car , i just want a baby too!!

:hugs: to all
xxxxx

I completely agree with everything you said, calm!

I'm most paranoid about fertility issues. I'd love to have a 2010 baby (which means I'll have to conceive by March at the latest). I know that most healthy couples will conceive within 9 months and I really shouldn't put my hopes on conceiving immediately, but I can't help it! That nine months statistic makes me want to start NOW. :dohh:

I have a lovely chocolate lab who is the most kind and gentle giant and I love him so much. When the three of us (me, the dog and DH) are just lying around the house, I have to look around and think, "this is really nice and I love my little family." But I cant help wanting to add a little one to the picture.. I cant wait...

In the meantime, I will continue to love on my puppy and DH.. Hope this helps some of you, too :hugs:

I agree totally with everything you said, and definately about the fertility issues, it used to keep me awake at night thinking what would happen if i couldn't have children.

I definitely know what you mean Hun! For the past two years or so I have just wanted to get on and try. Ok it could take years but at least if I was trying it would be doing something positive. It can be absolute torture at times. It is such a worry and now for me it's such a relief to be ntnp. It might take me ages, but it's ages from now, not one or two years down the line, if that makes sense!
:hug:

I have a lovely chocolate lab who is the most kind and gentle giant and I love him so much. When the three of us (me, the dog and DH) are just lying around the house, I have to look around and think, "this is really nice and I love my little family." But I cant help wanting to add a little one to the picture.. I cant wait...

In the meantime, I will continue to love on my puppy and DH.. Hope this helps some of you, too :hugs:

I have a wonderful golden retriever that I absolutely adore. We rescued him last year and we love him to death. But now that we've set a date for TCC I keep looking at him and going "he's going to love having a baby around. He loves children. I bet he'll want to lick the baby and give him/her kisses as soon as we bring the baby home!"

And it didn't help that the other night DH was like "I think we should co-sleep/have a bassinet in the room. I think it's just natural for our whole family--you, me, Pilsner (dog) and baby--to sleep in the same room!" (don't worry, Pilsner doesn't sleep in bed with us, just on the floor of our room)

So now that DH has said that our family seems a little incomplete. :dohh:

And it makes me think of babies more :wacko:

Oh LOR, your little family sounds so much like mine... Our lab, Shiner sleeps in our room too, on the floor at the foot of our bed. Not sure there would be room for all four of us with a basinette, but that sure is a sweet sweet thought:)

I must admit, I am a little jealous you are starting in January, but wish you all the best.. Please please please keep me posted!!

Very true! Especially the fertility issues, my older sister has fertility issues and she's getting IVF treatment in January, I'm hoping I won't need this when TTC!

I second every thing you have said. Iv never been pregnant so i dont know if there is anything wrong with me or OH. When ttc you have the hope that this month could be it, where as in WTT you are know nothing is going to happen unless your comdom manages to split.
YYea I can also only second the words you say. I have been thinking about that too every now and then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->