Why?

S

sparkswillfly

Do you some peoples usernames have lines through them? :shrug:

Ive seen quite a few when glancing through the whos lonline bit on the front page

I believe it's just code, like the hearts and things but tbh I've never seen it before :shrug:

LOL - It's a new thing I've written into BnB (although I never got round to hiding it from members).

BnB has a spam filter that automatically catches spam before it hits the forum (you wouldn't believe how many spammers we get a day). So to make it easier for The BnB Team to weed out and ban spammers we identify them with a line though their usename.

When I have a little more time I'll finish the program and only we'll see it :)

So does that mean VomEphepNom is a spammer??

Ooohhh I had wondered because I saw a couple of people with that.. good question!! Very clever SC..

Most likely 99.9% of them are spammers :rofl: Its insane how many there are :rofl:

How clever! How do you know just from them signing up? x

i was wondering this the other day..... i went looking on their profiles to see if they were inactive or something!!! funny the little things that confuse us isnt it!!!!!

Thats impressive! How do you decide if they are spammers if they dont post? Or do you delete their posts?

How clever! How do you know just from them signing up? x

It's not based so much on signup (although it does take somethings into account like country of the poster etc).

Thats impressive! How do you decide if they are spammers if they dont post? Or do you delete their posts?

In the micro second after you hit the submit button the program uses an algorithm to scan posts for keywords, phrases and even stealthily written spam links (Example: w-w-w (.) my-spam-site {dot} com). Any spammer that tries posting gets an error and the mod team get an alert. Most spammers give up trying to beat the system after a few attempts which leaves us to ban them at our leisure LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->