Wiggle Worm!

ab2401

Reaction score
Man, I can not win for loosing.

Rylee started to push around in her bassinet/moses basket/cot as some of you have seen.

(At one point her blanket was trapped down in the sides)
https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/ab2401/phpZoAqA6AM.jpg
https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/ab2401/phps5st7YAM.jpg

So we moved her to her crib.

And she does this.
https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/ab2401/Rylee325.jpg

After starting out like this.
https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/ab2401/Rylee324.jpg

I guessing no one has any tips, as it seems like this is just something I'm going to have to deal with but its very scary and I now am loosing sleep again because I am up a billion times at night checking on her even though she is still in my room. If any one has any tips I would love to hear them.

Anyone else's LO doing this?

I would get ride of the bumper to start with, that way you don't have to worry about her getting her face in it. Maybe a sleep sack would help limit her, or some kind of swaddle, wrappy thing? I don't know love.

I did swaddle her until she started to kick and unwrap herself then I started getting worried about the loose blanket thing so thats why I dont swaddle her and why she no longs has a blanket.

I thought the bumper where good so she didnt get stuck in the bars.... it seems kinda far off to me but I'm sure it is possible..... what is an sleep sack?

Thank you, I dont know either. :-k

when i swaddle rhiannon with a blanket, i lay her on it wrap one side over her and under her left arm, then the other side goes over that and round her right shoulder and i lay her down on her right side so that her body weight is effectivly stopping her unravel, i also pop a rolled up blanket behind her back so that it stops her rolling back and off the opening of the blanket... dont know if its something you could try hun, looks like you have a wriggler on your hands x know how worrying it is thinking that they can wiggle under the blanket, my m/w told me to do the feet to foot when putting rhiannon to sleep, her feet touching the bottom of the moses basket so that she has no where to wiggle down to..XXX

p.s my cousins little boy does what rilee look to be doing, having something touch his face when he sleeps its like a comfort thing, i notice in the pics of her in her bassinett and cot that her face is touching the side.. Liam does that with my cousin, he now has a dummy/comforter which she turns on the side so that the bit touching his cheek is actually touching his nose and he is asleep in seconds with it X

You might look for a mesh bumper, that way little arms and legs can't get through the bars of the crib.
Here is a link to what I mean:
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266849

Here is a link to a sleep sack. I am not sure if it would help 'contain' her or not.

https://www.baby-wise.com/halo-sleepsack-wearable-blanket-cotton-m.html

I like thelook of that basket - Have you a link to a full picture hun?!

You shouldn't be using bumpers yet either hun :hugs:

Little Miss Wiggles isn't she bless. I'd personally keep her in the smaller option (moses). We had a big blanket she sleeps 'on' we kind of make it so it molds round her head but can't cover her face etc (...ike roll it slightly underneath and making half a circlearound the top of her head - does that make sense? Then when she pushed up to far like your pic she was still well padded there.

Wow.. I dont know what to say. My little man doesn't move at all, thank god because he sleeps on the bed with me. But wow.. I cannot believe she moved all the way over there in her crib! I've never seen a baby move that far. She is determined! lol.
BTW: she is adorable!

Wow.. I dont know what to say. My little man doesn't move at all, thank god because he sleeps on the bed with me. But wow.. I cannot believe she moved all the way over there in her crib! I've never seen a baby move that far. She is determined! lol.
BTW: she is adorable!

HAHA I know, and the funny part is.... she turns all the way around and then scoots down.... I can see how she scoots up, but down? into that corner?
I just dont get it.

I never catch her doing it either.... I will put her to bed check on her an hour later and BAM! there she is.

I like the look of that basket - Have you a link to a full picture hun?!

Are you talking about the bassinet/moses basket/cot thingy?
or the blankets?

I have pictures of EVERYTHING! HAHA I'm a picture freak, just let me know and I will be more then happy to post it for ya.

As far as everything else, wobbles... you just lost me:rofl:. I kinda get the half circle thing. but I dont know. I'm going to take the bumper of tonight.... I didnt know, this is my first baby and it just came with the crib set so I thought they needed to be on:dohh:

In the hospital that rolled up blankets and put them on either side of her she she couldn't roll... something like that just around her head?

You might look for a mesh bumper, that way little arms and legs can't get through the bars of the crib.
Here is a link to what I mean:
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2266849

Here is a link to a sleep sack. I am not sure if it would help 'contain' her or not.

https://www.baby-wise.com/halo-sleeps...-cotton-m.html

I like the mesh thing, as far as the stacker goes.... I will have to do more research into it just from the one picture on that link I'm not sure it would help.... is the bottom elevated? because if so... maybe that will work.

when i swaddle rhiannon with a blanket, i lay her on it wrap one side over her and under her left arm, then the other side goes over that and round her right shoulder and i lay her down on her right side so that her body weight is effectivly stopping her unravel, i also pop a rolled up blanket behind her back so that it stops her rolling back and off the opening of the blanket... dont know if its something you could try hun, looks like you have a wriggler on your hands x know how worrying it is thinking that they can wiggle under the blanket, my m/w told me to do the feet to foot when putting rhiannon to sleep, her feet touching the bottom of the moses basket so that she has no where to wiggle down to..XXX

Thats funny, thats how I swaddled her.... and she kicks out of it.... believe it or not... the rolled up blanket thing under her back I havnt tried but I can.

Man, Rylee makes me laugh.... shes so goofy, I hope she plays some kinda sport since she obviously has some good moving skills.

why are you not supposed to have a bumper on the bed? I always thought it was okay.. when do you put it on there?

I thought it was 6 months but I meant to put I think - sorry :blush:

Found this for now:

Keep your baby’s head uncovered – remove cot bumpers as soon as your baby can sit up or wriggle around.

Make sure that baby’s face and head remains uncovered (avoid sheep's skins, quilts, pillows, cot bumpers and soft toys). Cot bumpers are not needed to protect your baby. Babies have been found with their faces pressed against bumpers. This can cause breathing problems.

I also went to buy a cot bumper quilt set until someone pointed out that quilts are not advised until 1+

She's probably wanting to sleep pressed up against something so that she feels less exposed. If I'm putting Kaya down (she sleeps in my bed) when I get up after she falls asleep, I put a solid pillow where I was so she feels more enclosed (but Kaya sleeps on her side though). So having something like a rolled up blanket in beside her may help I suppose. The baby sleeping bags, by the way, are designed for babies that kick off their blankets or wriggle under them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->