Wikipedia Blackout!

O

Ozzieshunni

Anyone who logs onto wikipedia today will see a blacked out page. Why? In protest of two bills that are coming to debate in the US House of Reps and Senate regarding information on the internet.

So, what do you think? Should restrictions be placed on the internet and what people are allowed to access?

You know it is a funny coincidence, yesterday I was looking online for the phone book in my area and I just looked up myself for the hell of it and my number came up :shrug::shrug::shrug: My phone number is unlisted and not supposed to come up on the computer, my address yes but not my phone number. i was in complete shock, anyone can get my number. I pay extra money every month to have an unlisted number and usually when I look it does not come up, I was in shock and not happy. They also have a site called Spokeo and you put the persons name in and it tells you their address age . I think sometimes these sites go to far, anyone can find you even people you would rather die than see.

I am thinking if people pay for their number to not be listed it should not be, I think when it comes to peoples personal stuff restrictions should be put on..
It is just to easy for many to access other peoples business, I feel that is wrong. :flower::flower:

When is this ment to happen? I was just using it and it was working fine

Someone forgot to turn it off then because its still working :)

It teases me, it loads up the page then goes to the blackout page. But if you printscreen quick enough you can copy the page into paint :haha:

I support the blackout though, my other forum is having a blackout today as well.

I dont get iy how comrs I can still use it today?
Can you imagine the uproar of a few thousand hormonal women if bnb had a blackout :)

I dont get iy how comrs I can still use it today?
Can you imagine the uproar of a few thousand hormonal women if bnb had a blackout :)

:shock:

That would not go down well! :rofl:

I support the idea of the blackout, would have been annoying for me as I use wiki a lot but I have had no problems accessing pages :lol:

It's for U.S. only. companies want these bills to pass for copyrights . they want to be able to sue (more money for them) and shut down people even if it about "which cloth diaper brands is the best" . they protesting to show how this bill will affect us.

It's pure censorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->