Wilkinson Tests anyone????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by stardust599, Nov 16, 2011.

1. stardust599

stardust599 Well-Known Member

I am on CD 32 out of unknown cycle length! Before LO it was 28-35days but after LO went to 28 days until I had the Mirena fitted (it was removed 32days ago and I had a bleed although not a full period).

I did a few tests around days 14-21 and then another on day 28 and all BFNs. They are all Wilkinson cheapie tests which take ages (a good 15mins) to even show the colour moving across and a good 30mins to show a solid control line.

Does anyone have a gallery of any Wilkinson tests? Confirmed BFPs or BFNs?

Or should I just buy some from Tesco - they are so much more expensive! I'm not testing again until day 36 on Sunday (the last day AF could be due) xx

2. Fruitymeli

Fruitymeli Mum of 3

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300094_2166883505103_1637153182_2191303_2930587_n.jpg

my pos wilko test :)

3. Madrid98

Madrid98 Well-Known Member

No idea about Wilkinson's tests but you could buy 2 for £1 in Poundland. Or for a more sensitive test Superdrug's own brand are very good and cheaper. I think the pack of 2 is just under £5.

XX

4. stardust599

Wilkinson says 20miu which is quite sensitive anyway? It's only like £1 a test for a midstream!

No lines are appearing at all, just an evap with no colour in the slightest!

I think I will get a Tescos or Superdrug test for Sunday, oh I don't know if I can wait! FX'd no AF arrives for me. I have zero pregnancy symptoms :-(

xx

5. Madrid98

ok I didn't know they were so cheap!!! No symptoms have always worked for me so fx'd is also a good sign for you!!

6. stardust599

OMFG It's a BFP today. Faint but def there, I will put a pic up later :-D xxx

7. Bubblesuk

Bubblesuk Well-Known Member

Wooohoooo huge congrats hun :happydance::happydance:

8. holywoodmum

holywoodmum 2 girls and one cooking

let's see the pic then!! i'd love to have wilko here :(

9. Madrid98

Congrats Hun!!! H&h 9 months to you!!!

Xx

10. sharon21

sharon21 New Member

Hi Congrats, can I just ask where you testing early with Wilkinson test and when you got your BFP was it with wilkinson test? I tested yesterday with Wilkinson test and got BFN, not due af to about sat I think so wanted to know if out or not or still maybe a chance if tested to early?

Many thanks

11. stardust599

Hey hun

I don't know exactly when I ovulated BUT

My first tests were all up to around cycle day 28 (AF due 28-35), all BFNs and I stopped testing.

My next test was day 34 when I got my BFP!! I got two faint BFPs with Wilkinson cheapy. Then same night I got a 2-3 weeks on Clearblue and 2 days later got 3+ on Clearblue.

Which means that I was already 14days past ovulation when I was getting BFNs from Wilkinson.

The tests didn't work very well as midstream - took ages to even bring up a control line which is why I think they weren't working. I ended up buying the cheapie cardboard ones and dipping them and got BFPs quickly xx