Wilko lego baseplate with lego/duplo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessdueJan

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience of using the cheaper wilko 'blox' baseplate with proper lego and duplo? It says on their website and on the baseplate packaging that it works with leading brands but would like to know for definite before buying.

TIA :flower:

I would also be interested to know - was thinking of getting some base plates to go with their Lego / Duplo boxes, but the genuine ones are really expensive. If no one knows, I might just take a couple of blocks shopping with me and try it out! Depends how they're packaged though I suppose. My nephew has had sets from there and they have fallen apart really easily.

I knew that I had seen it somewhere, just did a quick search on bargain thread and found this so copied it! Am gutted because need 4 base plates for the lego table we are making and at £5 each they cost more than the whole table!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoniebabey
Wilkos had money off their blox range! Gutted there was no base pkates left though
They have some money off online, with baseplates still there if that helps?
https://www.wilko.com/icat/buildinga...m=1&perpage=12
Not sure if you've used these yet but I wouldn't overly recommended them. They don't work well with proper Lego and they don't click in place properly. DS1 got a set a couple of years ago and got very frustrated with it because the bits wouldn't stay where they were meant to.

They are compatable but the wilko stuff is not as nice of a fit as logo.

Yeah I posted the above bit about them not being any good. I can't comment on the base plates cos we've not used them but the sets are terrible quality so I'd imagine the plates wouldn't be much better.

The plates often go down on amazon to £5
I have bought the blox baseplate but this is my los first year of lego so want to judge how much it will be played with before buying expensive bits his birthday is in may so if i see it will be used ill buy him more then

I might just buy the proper lego baseplate then as it's for a lego/duplo table so want it to work well and last. Thanks ladies :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"