Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Kelowna sounds lovely. I've only been to Canada once. I came for a week to visit my aunt in Ottawa when DH was about to be discharged from the spinal rehab unit. Came over to recharge my batteries as I was exhausted and get myself ready for him coming home. I loved it. Ottawa is the nicest capital city I've been too. Felt so safe.

Often it's easier to talk to strangers about serious stuff. Especially if they're a non judgemental group. I think we natural try and protect those who are closer to us and don't want to burden them with our troubles etc.

I love the mountains. I have only been to BC once in my first marriage, to visit one of my husbands troop mates from the RCMP academy. It was really nice. Would definitely go again one day.

I have been to Banff camping and it was wonderful. I hope you guys have fabulous time there.

I agree B, it can be a lot easier. Those that are close and care for us sometimes want to try and fix us, when we don't necessarily need fixing, just someone to talk to. It is hard for me to talk to my DH about it all as he doesn't like making it bigger than what he makes it out to be in his head. When I asked him why he didn't seem upset about all the blood he just shrugged it off and said he seen more living on the farm. At first I though he didn't care, but in reality that was the way he was able to deal, as apparently he was scared poopless. He hasn't said anything about it last time, or about me being in the hospital with my gallbladder either. I wasn't very ok looking while there. One of these days, I will talk to him about it. Maybe while we are camping and relaxed, and reconnecting.

Proud of my boys!

Attachments

• IMG_20160527_113837935_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160527_113837935_HDR.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
Great picture! Fin does look tall!

Nothing much new here. Frankie took a 6 hour nap yesterday from about 11 to 5:00 or something. Not sure what that was about! It was a holiday and he slept ON me the whole time so I got to nap and read a book and it was lovely. I'm not sure if it was a growth spurt or a side effect of his new medication. It seems to be helping, although he is still grunting up a storm at night. I'm hoping he will grow out of it soon!

I think e is having another growth spurt. Awake every three hours through the night and been awake all morning. He's finally settled. The HV weighed him this morning. 11lbs 11. Not bad for 5 weeks and 4 days old.

How are you doing qmama? Getting your head around q's condition? Coping ok with emotions of it all?

Yep. It's been a good few days. I just have to enjoy one day at a time. I've been sharing what's going on with Q with other parents & have heared stories of congenital heart disease and even cystic fibrosis in my community. So, vlcadd doesn't sound too bad. I'll dread him getting ill though...

Finley looks tall but is in effect always the smallest everywhere he goes compared to his peers.

Bekah! Wow! He's growing well!😀

Penelope; let's hope it works. He must have been really tired to sleep so long.

Allfrthegirl: I love the mountains too. What Saskatchewan like? I just know its the 'breadbasket' of Canada... & that it gets hot in summer & pretty cold in winter... Where do you go camping?
I've heared nice things about Ottawa too & I'm hoping to get there one day.

We are the land of the living skies. Literally. gorgeous sun rises and sets everyday. We are pretty flat, but still many hills and small lakes. We try to camp at places that are well established with trees. So the provincial parks. We also like to try and go to a new place each year.

I am glad things are settling well for you and you are finding loads of support Q. That is the biggest thing is the support.

I'm from Ontario (originally) and I've only been to Ottawa once, for our Grade 8 trip. I did remember it being really clean and safe seeming, though. Hopefully I'll be able to go back one day with my family! I'd also love to tour Banff (never been) and the East Coast (also never been). It is hard to see all of the country when the country is so vast and flights so expensive.

This is my first night sitting down with both kids in bed! Phew. Until now, Frankie has mostly been with me in the carrier (or screaming and fussing) until I go to bed, or I've been so exhausted that I've gone to bed at the same time as him sleeping on me. He's taken two good naps today on his own so I'm hopeful things are on the up and up. I'm afraid this post will jinx it though and he'll wake up crying again!

Yay for a night with both kids settled and some time to yourself. Hope it wasn't jinxed.

My DH has been skiing to Banff. Think he liked the place. I'd like to see more of Canada. It's not too long a flight from the uk. Is probably head back to Ottawa first though so my aunt and uncle could meet Erik.

Yesterday was a long day here. Erik didn't sleep much and that made it harder for me to settle him last night. He's sleeping better today so hoping for a good day and a better sleep tonight.

I wish there was some way of knowing what causes the bad days! It is so frustrating.

Frankie's sleep lasted 2 hours last night before waking, and then he was up every 3 hours again. And in between, he was grunting and squirming and not really settled. Now he is screaming again. I need to give him his next dose of Nexium, but I'm trying to wait because I think his best period comes a few afters his dose. I've been giving it to him in the morning, and then he usually has a good afternoon before things go downhill at night again. I'm going to try to hold him off a bit but it is hard because I hate hearing him in pain.

If is so hard to hear them suffering. The screaming is so hard to listen too, especially when done everything you can think of to help them and they're still screaming. Feel helpless at times. Hope he calms down soon.

Oh Penelope, really hope he grows out of it. I hate it when Q cries & Q really doesn't cry fr long. Stay calm. You're not alone.

:hugs: I really hate D crying too. DH doesn't respond fast enough and D always ends up in a fit and has to hand him over. It almost makes my skin crawl hearing him like that. Then angry at DH for letting him get that far. It makes getting things done the house almost pointless.

I hope you figure out what is bugging him soon P, or at least a way to help him. :hug:

All, I know what you mean. My DH does the same thing--I don't know how he can just stand there with him crying! And then he'll pick him up just until he's settled and put him back down again and it starts all over.

I do think the Nexium is working. I tried giving him his dose at noon yesterday, and he lasted until about 9 or 10 this morning. No grunting last night for once! I still had him on my chest because it takes longer to settle him back down in the bassinet after a feeding and I get lazy! I feel like he just needs a bit stronger of a dose and he might be much improved.

OMG! Totally agree!!! My OH is also sooooo slow. I just deal with it quickly & he'll settle easily. I hate tears in my little guy.

P; let's hope it keeps working & he'll grow out of the reflux fast. Have you adjusted yr diet? I often hear it might be dairy? Q is pretty much ok with my diet, but spicy Indian did make one severely gassy baby...

Yeah, I've been dairy free for several weeks and I was already gluten free. I'm wondering if maybe soy bothers him, but that is hard to avoid because my husband is Chinese American and we eat a lot of things with soy sauce and do a lot of Asian take-out food. Plus it is buried in a lot of other things.

I think my daughter got a lot better around 4 or 5 months, but I forget now. She started sitting up by herself pretty early, at 4.5 months, maybe because she felt better sitting than lying down. I wonder if Frankie will be the same way. He holds his head and neck up well and is always pushing with his legs on my lap to stand up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->