• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will I be risked out from midwife?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I've been having off and on contractions, none enough to send me to L&D or anything but enough that my midwife has me staying home to rest with no activity while taking magnesium until I hit 37 weeks. If I continue to have contractions, even if they're not leading to labor will they risk me out of the birth center? I hope not :( But just curious what midwives usually do about just contractions.

Last night I had contractions keeping me up but there was no rhythm to them so I didn't bother to call, but this afternoon I've had brown spotting so I called and left a voice mail and am waiting a reply. I really don't want to be moved to OB care so fingers crossed it's just my body gearing up and will wait until 37 weeks to go - just 9 more days until then.

Well got the call back from the midwife, I'm on full bed rest until I hit 36+4 because that's when they'll be okay with my having LO in the birth center, but if I go into labor before then it'll be the OB at the hospital for me.

How are you today? Hope your LO waits a few more days!

This morning I had some mild bh but nothing to be excited over, so I'm grateful for that. I've been having lots of back and period like cramps though, but tomorrow I see my midwife so it's good :thumbup: Thank you for asking :)

Glad to here that you haven't had to dash off to hospital. If your LO will just hang on 4 more days... of course in a few weeks you will probably be worried about being overdue :).

I keep telling myself she'll be over due even though I'm getting contractions now lol

I had quite stong and painful BH contractions from about 35 weeks (but they never settled into a pattern). I think my MW though I might go into labour early but I was 10 days late, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->