Will I lose my supply?

SierraJourney

Reaction score
LO is almost 11 months old. In May (when he'll be 15 months old), I have to go to this out of town meeting for 3 days for work. (I work from home now, so nurse about 6 or 7 times a day). I know we won't be ready to wean before then (and I don't want to), but I'm afraid about losing my supply. There are only a couple 15 minute breaks during the 9 hour meeting each day. .. and one lucnh. I can pump no lunch, but the breaks wouldn't be long enough. Also, I don't get much when I pump (usually about an ounce total each pumping session). If I just pump in the morning, evening, and at lunch, even if I just get an ounce each time. . . will that help me keep my supply? Or will I lose it after 3 days of that? I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. . .I've talked to my boss about it but he just said I need to "figure it out". :nope:

If my supply does drop during that time, will it be gone forever, or will it come back up if lo nurses when I get back home? Thanks for the help. . I'm so upset over this. :(

I would have thought you'd be fine. There will probably be a drop, but I doubt very much you'll dry up entirely. There are a lot of ladies who have weaned their babies, and are still able to get milk out months after they stop. Hope it works out for you, try not to worry!

I'm always paranoid about my supply dropping. It's not ideal, but could you maybe pump every 2-3 hours your not in your meeting (even at night, set an alarm every 2 hrs)? At least that way your supply will be up at night even if it's affected during the day. From this the worse case is you'll end up with an oversupply. With these sessions try and get a second letdown. Also, do you think a new pump would help you? I use the Lanoish Manual Breast Pump on the go. It's cheap, quiet, and very effective.

I'd just hate to chance it. I was at a wedding yesterday, away from LO for 24 hrs, and I had forgotten my pump. I was so worried that I went to walmart after the ceremony to buy a new pump. I didn't get as many pumping sessions in so my supply has dropped but I think I can get it back.

Just pump as much as you can (even in those 15 min breaks even if you don't get much milk out of it) and you should be fine! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->