will mw in the uk give a sweep early?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
just wondering as my spd has got 100+worse to were i was up last night screaming from the pain:(,i see my mw at 39 weeks do u think she would do a sweep? thankyouu

My mW is giving me a sweep at 39 weeks due to my husbands job being a pain in the ass with paternity leave so I don't see why your mW wouldn't, fingers crossed she will.

My community midwife gave me a sweep in last pregnancy at 38 weeks because I had severe spd pain but the hospital went mad because their not meant to do it that early it didn't work anyway but all you can do is ask x

im just really done now:( im swollen, in agony and generally fed up:( xx

I'm having a sweep done from 38 weeks as I'm attempting a vbac and they won't let me go over 40 weeks

No harm in asking hun, whens your apt?x

my appointments tuesday:) il be 39 weeks:) hope she says yes as she is a nice mw lol

I've got one booked for 40+2 but I'm going to text her next week and see if I can get one end of the week aswell. Due date is Saturday so ask for one thurs/Friday. Fingers crossed she says yes. I'm vbac and don't want to have to decide between the risks of induction vs rpt section.

im just so fed up now and the pain is unbearable:( i really cant cope with it���� just hope she says yes

I'm vbac too but not allowed a sweep until 40+7 like most others :-(

I saw the midwife on thurs and begged for one but she said no. I'm so fed up, just know I'll end up with another section. My 1st lo was 9lb1 at 39 weeks and I'm worried about how big this one might be with another three weeks worth of growing time!

Sorry to hijack with a whinge lol! x

I asked my mw about induction. Not even an early one just if I go over due date by 2 or 3 days will they induce due to severe spd rather than make me wait until 14 days over. She said it was unlikely, as the hospitals aren't really bothered about the mother being in pain etc. But I see a consultant at the hospital for another thing, so I am going to ask them when I go on Friday.

I hope they give you a sweep though, it can't hurt to ask

im just so fed up now and the pain is unbearable:( i really cant cope with it���� just hope she says yes

I feel your pain!!

I have severe SPD too and it's unbearable now. Can barely walk at all now, even climbed the stairs on my hands and knees earlier.

I am getting a sweep on Monday at 39+2.

I asked for it last week but she said it was too early.

I was induced at 40+5 last time due to SPD but have been told this time that they've changed the rules and I'll need to wait until 10 days over.

Just be strong and ask and try and explain how much pain you're in. xx

I'm having a sweep done from 38 weeks as I'm attempting a vbac and they won't let me go over 40 weeks

I'm attempting a vbac too. Why won't they let you go over 40 wks????

I wondered this too, im vbac too, im booked in for a sweep next week when im 39+4
My consultant told me it was for a couple of reasons, if I was having an elective, it would be done at 39weeks. Ds was a big baby and I'm measuring big this time( have a growth scan at 34 weeks) so think they don't want me going over due.

All you can do is ask hun. Some MW's are lovely and will help by giving you a sweep early ... others won't :( Good luck x

I saw the midwife on thurs and begged for one but she said no. I'm so fed up, just know I'll end up with another section. My 1st lo was 9lb1 at 39 weeks and I'm worried about how big this one might be with another three weeks worth of growing time!

I can feel your pain. My dd was only 8.2, and I had an emergency C section. I'm measuring big this time.

The earliest my midwife said she would give me a sweep is 40+5, unless the consultant requests an earlier sweep in my notes. So I'm hoping the consultant supports me.

40+7 seems quite late. Are you due to see a consultant any time soon?

Keep trying and stay strong xxxxxx

I feel your pain!!

I have severe SPD too and it's unbearable now. Can barely walk at all now, even climbed the stairs on my hands and knees earlier.

I am getting a sweep on Monday at 39+2.

I asked for it last week but she said it was too early.

I was induced at 40+5 last time due to SPD but have been told this time that they've changed the rules and I'll need to wait until 10 days over.

Just be strong and ask and try and explain how much pain you're in. xx

I feel for you all with SPD I had it severely too and ended uo on crutches! My consultant was going to induce me at 38 week's for severe SPD. I think it's just at the consultants discretion as my friend seen another consultant and he wouldn't induce her for SPD :(

I got a sweep on my due date with DS1 due to SPD but generally they don't do them till 5 days over here x

I'm lucky to have a nice MW who is going to sweep this Thursday, which will be 39+2. I'm not allowed to go over dates to far due to big baby (10lb10) last time ending in emergency c-section too. She has also said she plans to see me every 4 days after we start sweeping to do it continually and try and stimulate labor, especially since baby is engaged, and seems to be engaging more each time I'm checked (I've had a few appointments with Dr's, MW's and consultants over the last few weeks, apparently it's normal in our area for this considering the last delivery). I would ask the consultant if they can pop it in your notes that the community MW should sweep ASAP. If it's in the consultant notes she might take some notice hopefully.

I can feel your pain. My dd was only 8.2, and I had an emergency C section. I'm measuring big this time.

The earliest my midwife said she would give me a sweep is 40+5, unless the consultant requests an earlier sweep in my notes. So I'm hoping the consultant supports me.

40+7 seems quite late. Are you due to see a consultant any time soon?

Keep trying and stay strong xxxxxx

Aww thank you, I'm trying lol, feel like a right misery hehe!

I'm not due to see the consultant until Friday and it's only because I begged the midwife that she called him and asked whether she could at least give me a sweep at term+7, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten one until the Friday! I just don't understand why when it seems like most others going for a vbac get at least some discussion about early sweeps etc.

When are you next seeing your consultant? I will have everything crossed for you! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->