Will she get over it?

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi all,

Lo is pretty much scared of any animal, she doesn't mind our dog (obvious thought that comes to mind is because she's familiar) but she doesn't like other dogs, a pigeon got too close the other day and she screamed, and today we went to view a kitten and she was petrified, not just an unsure cry she was scrambling on me to get away and screaming.

We were hoping she'll get used to it, we haven't bought kitten home yet we're going to take her to meet again and see how she reacts.

Anyone else's LO not like the new pet to start with, but then learn to love it?

Thanks xx

Megan didnt like any animals last summer - even fall we tried a very small zoo (think she was 9mo?) We went to the fair at 7mo & she cried the whole time - any time we saw a new animal - baby goats, lambs, calves, chickens, bunnies - all of them.

Fast forward a year - she now loves animals - no longer scared. She likes puppies, fish, all the zoo animals, farm animals, etc.

Oh thats good to know she's 9 months. I'm not sure whether to get the kitten and let her get used to it or wait??

I don't want to install a fear for life into her, though I do think it's just a case of the unknown thats she's scared of

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->