Will they induce AT 38+3?

Mummy_to_be87

Reaction score
Anyone know if I can request to be induced this week?

I am so over being pregnant, feel so heavy and sore!! I feel like the baby is trying to pop out anyway!!

I was induced at 39+2 with my DD!!

:hugs:

Its very very unlikely they would induce you without medical cause

Without medical cause then most unlikely,I was a week over with my first,Induced at 38 weeks with my second and will be induced at 37 all down to medical reasons although im praying they leave it to 38 weeks to give her more time.

Did you see them about the flashing lights?x

Around here, they don't do elective inductions until 39 weeks.

With my last pregnancy, I was induced at 38 weeks. I did have PIH and GD, however, both were well under control. Can't hurt to ask :).

Most pregnant ladies are heavy and sore. Heck I am with 11 weeks to go. I agree that there would need to me a medical reason, otherwise theyll let you go term+.
x

I doubt they'll induce that early without a medical reason.... assuming your Dr is ethical :) Sorry...

I would report any doctor in the uk who induced for no medical reason before 40 weeks tbh

Healthy babies are worth the wait! We're ALL uncomfortable!!

https://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/medicalresources_hbww.html

Aaww hun we are all uncomfortable and fed up now but please don't get induced unless neccessary. Soooo much better for you both to go naturally. At 38 weeks the baby is prob still snug and cosy in there. X

I am asking the same thing today at my appt.. However I know that I 80% have hereditary pelvis problems and big baby won't fit...
Heck even a small one may not... I am booked for my
Section at 38+5 but I reli don't want one I want a natural birth...
So I'm asking to be induced a day or two before so maybe I can go naturally before he gets too big.

Would u ladies do this or would u just have the section? Just curious... Other than baby being not 40 weeks are there any down sides to being induced that early??
I actually feel fine so I am kinda bummed that's the only way I may have a shot at natural.

Are they forcing you to have a c-section? I only ask because my sister and friend both had a small pelvis, but both were able to attempt natural deliveries before the docs decided to perform a c-section. Personally, after observing the recovery from both vaginal and c-section deliveries, I would opt for a vaginal if at all possible.

Theyre not makig me do ahything... I'm adopted and all I know is my birth mother had the same problem and had two still births due to it so I'm not willing to take the risk and go longer than 38+5....it's not a size problem per say ... It's part that but part that my pelvis is fused in a few places and will not expand at all... Hence why I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead in fundal height coz my pelvis hasn't expanded to let baby in so he's sitting all out front.

C section recovery doesn't bother me in the slightest... To the contrary I'd rather recover from that then if I tear... However I wanna be close with my baby and have that experience... That's the only reason I want a natural birth...

But you don't want to go through an entire labor just to end up with a c-section if you know it's a high possibility. I would probably just have the c-section if that were the case.

i had my first at 38 weeks. my waters broke on its own so she was ready to come. my dates were right on, as periods at that time were like clockwork. she was absolutely healthy:shrug:

Ahhh I totally understand now. There are a lot of doctors in the US who will convince a mother that her "hips are too small" or "the baby looks too big" for a natural delivery in order to pressure her into a c-section. That's why I asked:)

In your case, I would probably opt for the c-section if it was a legitimate risk to either you or the child:flower:

Just had my dr appt done.. Doc made me feel much better.. We decided if I go I to labour before I will try for natural but keeping my section at 38+5 for now... He reassured me that I can have skin to skin and all the good stuff with my Caesarian so I am more calm now... Lol...

He was enducing at 38 weeks as if the baby isn't ready to come yet he's not ready... And the whole labour process could be drawn out coz your body isn't ready... I would definitely wait if there was no genuine reason not to... I think if your baby is willing to wait out and wants more "in time" they're obviously still comfy in there and it's the best place until they're ready :)

They may induce me at 39 weeks for medical reasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->