Will they induce AT 38+3?

Anyone know if I can request to be induced this week?

I am so over being pregnant, feel so heavy and sore!! I feel like the baby is trying to pop out anyway!!

I was induced at 39+2 with my DD!!

:hugs:

I am so with you!!! I know people are saying don't get induced but if I could get induced today I would.

I have severe SPD and its making life a nightmare.

I was induced at 40+5 last time due to previous SPD but asked if I could be induced again and they wont do it until 10 days late this time due to a change in rules at the hospital. It breaks my heart.

I am getting a sweep on monday, maybe you could ask for one of those and see if they will do it and induce you on due date? xx

I have horrible SPD and I am ready to be done but I would never induce unless its a life or death situation. I want my baby to cook as long as she needs. We get so desperate for it to be over at the end but its just not worth the risk of induction not working and having a section because im not comfy.

Are doctors obliged to induce you if you request it at 40+ weeks? x

I know my doctor won't consider inductions (without medical cause) until I think 39, maybe even 40 weeks. I know it's so hard at the end. I went over due and was pretty miserable. But I would still prefer labor to start naturally only because I feel like I see interventions associated with inductions. I think because if your body was ready to go into labor, it would on it's own and artificially forcing it can wind you up with some undesirable stuff (like c sections or assisted delivery). I hope you can find some relief one way or another though. Good luck.

Just in case anyone was requesting an induction and bit worried from what people are saying, I had my first through induction and had the most wonderful 5.5 hour active labour. No gas/air, no pain relief and only pushing for an hour.

It was lovely......although I do know it doesn't always work that way, but neither does it go well sometimes with a natural labour start either xx

Just in case anyone was requesting an induction and bit worried from what people are saying, I had my first through induction and had the most wonderful 5.5 hour active labour. No gas/air, no pain relief and only pushing for an hour.

It was lovely......although I do know it doesn't always work that way, but neither does it go well sometimes with a natural labour start either xx

I don't think anyone is saying it will end up bad for sure we are saying its a higher risk. The risk with the associated medications and methods is scary to me as is the thought that my doctor is telling me if my baby is large they want to section me.. not going to happen.. Loads of ladies have large babies. I hope I don't come off as catty btw not my intention. :flower: :flower:

I have been told while prefnancy I was being induced 37/38 wks as insulin controlled GD. As under
Control got my induction date yestersay for 39 wks. Was hoping for before BUT dr says baby better to be kept inside for as long as possible and to avoid an induction and go naturally would be even better x

I don't think anyone is saying it will end up bad for sure we are saying its a higher risk. The risk with the associated medications and methods is scary to me as is the thought that my doctor is telling me if my baby is large they want to section me.. not going to happen.. Loads of ladies have large babies. I hope I don't come off as catty btw not my intention. :flower: :flower:

Not at all, everyone to their own opinion :thumbup:

I just know that if I was offered induction I would take it from my previous experience x

It depends on your dr. Mine induced at 38 weeks bc I was so swollen and uncomfortable I couldnt anymore... Thank god he did! I would have shot myself if I had to go overdue! If ur dr agrees thn go for it :)

Just wanted to clarify that I don't think inductions are bad or automatically make you end up with a c section. A lot of people have to have them and have good outcomes. Personally I would avoid them if possible. If there was a medical reason that would put myself or child in danger, absolutely I would get one. I just wouldn't do it because I was uncomfortable, which I definitely was! I feel stronger about this now because to my shock I went into labor a couple days after my due date (I was really scared I would be overdue longer for some reason and need an induction). Just when I was beginning to think it would never happen, my water broke and labor came on strong. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with my body that everything went as it should (no pittocin, no assisted delivery). I'm a little skeptical that it would have all gone that well, had I opted for an induction (which tbh my doctor was happy to due once I reached my due date, but I didn't want one).

It depends on your dr. Mine induced at 38 weeks bc I was so swollen and uncomfortable I couldnt anymore... Thank god he did! I would have shot myself if I had to go overdue! If ur dr agrees thn go for it :)

Haha, that's how I feel today!!! Totally fed up, miserable being a crap mummy to my daughter as I can't walk at all now. Just want it over with x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->