Will we be able to make it to close to a year?

justplay91

Mama to Kai and Zoe!
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I have a son that I "failed" to breastfeed. I did try but I was an inexperienced new momma and it didn't work out. I was crushed that it didn't work for us and vowed to make it a reality for subsequent children. It's always been a big deal to me, for some reason.
My daughter was born back in December 2015 and we have been successfully breastfeeding for the past 7.5 months! I have loved it, even though it hasn't always been easy. I love that it's healthy, available at all times unlike bottles, and I love love love the bonding. So when I got an incredibly surprising and unexpected positive pregnancy test on Saturday, I was heartbroken. It's not that I don't want more children, but I did want to wait longer. Mostly I am very worried that I won't be able to continue to breastfeed my daughter. Did anyone else breastfeed through pregnancy? What did you experience as far as breastfeeding aversion, supply issues, etc? I know it's quite possible that the pregnancy won't stick anyway as its still so early, but I would still appreciate some words of wisdom from breastfeeding-through-pregnancy mommas. Thanks in advance!

Stalking because we will be trying for baby #2 in September when my LO is about 9 months old and I have the same worries.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

It can be done and your supply will adjust. i dont know more than that but i do KNOW La Leche League can help!@

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->