Will you tell oh immediately when u get a BFP or wait a few days to be safe?

For my bfps I told DH after about 3 days of bfps. He doesn't trust a faint line so I waited till it was darker then told him, not in an inventive way or anything though! Just an excited blurt out 'we're having a baby!' It was still before 4 weeks though coz I'm an early tester!

Yeah also my husband CANNOT keep a secret. He told like 6 people within an hour of me telling him, then everyone at work the next day, Then it's so hard having to do the follow up when we lost it and tell everyone- and he forgot one couple and they asked me about it 2 weeks later argh

I think my hubby would be really upset if he found out I hadn't told him straight away. You know your own hubby though and he's already said couldn't you wait til the scan to surprise him! Haha! Men! It's very sweet that he's so excited he told loads of people but I know what you mean, you kind of want to keep it to yourselves especially after your sad loss. Big hugs, you'll know what to do as soon as you see that BFP. Xxx

I would 100% tell him straight away don't really understand why you wouldn't it has every bit to do with him then it does with you? And god forbid anything should happen you will need each other to get through it. We don't have any secrets x

I don't think it's about keeping a secret, it's more making sure that them lines really are there! Obviously if its a blazing positive then you'd be able to tell right away but if its faint then why not wait? My husband doesn't like the 'we might be' stage, he prefers the digi positive!

I do tell my OH about faint lines.... but he laughs at me for lines he can't see- or ones that are only just there and tells me "lets see what happens". Which is ok as tbh I test so early that I'm also waiting to see what happens.

I will tell him immediately. He is my partner & my best friend. Haven't withheld information from in over 12 years, I would never start with something as important as this.
Also, we are both really trying here, and we would BOTH be super devastated in the event of chemical pregnancy or loss- and we have a great support system between us- we lean on each other; why wouldn't we use it at such an important time?
I cannot imagine not telling him right away.

I tell my fiance every little thing. When I lay an egg, when my boobs hurt, when AF is due and then when she arrives. We are in this together and I tell him everything anyway he's my best friend its so nice to be able to tell someone all the little details in your huge journey together

I wouldn't be able to wait. I know there can be issues early on but I wouldn't want to go through them without my DH. I've tested a few times since we've been ttc and he's always been around for them. I want him to be as much a part of it as possible - it's a joint effort ;)

My cycle is all over the place as it is so my OH wouldnt know any different id probs wait till ive been to the doctors and seen the midwife, unless im too excited :haha:

When I someday get my bfp I will tell him. I think I will wait until it's a true bfp and not a faint line just in case its not a real bfp. Or I might wait for a bloodtest to confirm if I have doubts with the hpt. But I doubt I could keep the secret that long!! And I want to tell him in a special way. I want to include my hubby because it will be his bfp as much as it's mine :0 But I understand that if there is a chemical pregnancy, it can be hard to have to tell him that it is a mc.

I waited 10 days to tell him (during which it went from a faint line to strong BFP) and had already had the pregnancy confirmed by my GP, but that was mainly because I wanted to surprise him by telling him in his Father's Day card.

It was hard not to say anything, especially the first 24 hours, but the look on his face as he got to the last line of the card was worth it! :haha:

With Jace I got my BFP at noon (after an 8am bfn) I started work at 1pm that day and something told me to test again as I was leaving. I got to work and told them I was feeling sick and called someone else in, as soon as they showed up I left, went straight to my gp who confirmed it, then got home at 5pm and hubby was confused as to why I was home 4.5 hours early. Grabbed the noon tests from earlier that I'd hidden in the towel cupboard and shoved them in his face!
So yes I got my test went and confirmed it then told him all in 5 hours :)

With Jace I got my BFP at noon (after an 8am bfn) I started work at 1pm that day and something told me to test again as I was leaving. I got to work and told them I was feeling sick and called someone else in, as soon as they showed up I left, went straight to my gp who confirmed it, then got home at 5pm and hubby was confused as to why I was home 4.5 hours early. Grabbed the noon tests from earlier that I'd hidden in the towel cupboard and shoved them in his face!

Wow!! That was awesome :) I often wonder how I'll go to work after just getting a bfp and pretend nothing is up. I think I'll do the same thing you just did!! It would take almost 2 days for my dr to get the results back. I'll go crazy waiting and probably poas like 50 times to check. :haha:

Wow!! That was awesome :) I often wonder how I'll go to work after just getting a bfp and pretend nothing is up. I think I'll do the same thing you just did!! It would take almost 2 days for my dr to get the results back. I'll go crazy waiting and probably poas like 50 times to check. :haha:

My doc did another urine test to confirm and said that was enough for him, then the blood tests were back at like 930 the next morn :)
And yes I COULD NOT focus at work I just wanted to go see hubby. I told my boss I felt sick, and cried, he knew I was on fertility treatments that played havoc with hormones so he was happy with "it's one of those days I just can't handle being here" lol

My doc did another urine test to confirm and said that was enough for him, then the blood tests were back at like 930 the next morn :)
And yes I COULD NOT focus at work I just wanted to go see hubby. I told my boss I felt sick, and cried, he knew I was on fertility treatments that played havoc with hormones so he was happy with "it's one of those days I just can't handle being here" lol

My boss knows I'm having fertility treatments too. She's been really awesome about everything...even tolerating the mood swings!! She had fertility issues and was unable to conceive (this was like 20yrs ago) so she is super supportive and encouraging. Yep, I can completely imagine I'll be buying all the hpts at the store while I'm waiting for the blood test and hiding the wrappers so hubby doesn't get suspicious before I get it confirmed!! :haha: I'll be so excited I won't even be able to believe it actually happened :happydance:

I would have to tell Husbandface straight away, after a chemical the month before monkey was conceived and then my mmc last week I couldn't have done without his support. Although I think this next time if we fall pregnant I will be keeping it just between us both until had at least two scans to confirm (I will get one at 6 weeks at least they said as had a mmc and then another a week or so later to make sure). I found out two weeks ago at my 12 week scan baby hadnt developed properly and no hb so super scared of that happening again.

I would have to tell Husbandface straight away, after a chemical the month before monkey was conceived and then my mmc last week I couldn't have done without his support. Although I think this next time if we fall pregnant I will be keeping it just between us both until had at least two scans to confirm (I will get one at 6 weeks at least they said as had a mmc and then another a week or so later to make sure). I found out two weeks ago at my 12 week scan baby hadnt developed properly and no hb so super scared of that happening again.

I'm so sorry for your loss!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"