William Speed 20/11/2009

Raven24

mum
Reaction score
finally getting round to writing this up its taken a while.
here are the quick facts incase you dont want to read it all.

born 20/11/09 @ 22:45pm
weighing 7lb 3oz
50cm long
normal delivery, gas and air and pethidine and no stitches.

and now the long winded version lol

well i saw my midwife on 18th for my 38 week appointment everything was fine and baby was 3/5 engaged so i was quite pleased thigns were moving along. in the eveing i had a bit of tummy pain but i put tht down to being poked and prodded.
anyway tht night me and kevin :sex: to try and get thigns going although i didnt think we were really doing it for tht reason.

i woke up early in the morning (thursday) and i had pains and figured we had been too rough in the night but they were getting worse and i got up and started timing them, they were going from 5 mins to 6 mins to 4 mins and were all over the place so i called labour ward and they said they were really busy and to stay home as long as i could so i tried to relax and over the day tehy didnt really get andy stronger or closer together so i figured it was another fals alarm.
tht evening itried ot go to bed but i couldnt really sleep and was up at 2am and stayed in the front room and the pains were getting alot worse and by 5am i had ot get hubby up and we made our way in to hospital.
i was examined and told i was complaetly effaced and 2cm dilated and sent home wih stronger painkillers an told to try and rest.

hubby went to work and i tried ot get comfy but painkillers really were not working at all and at lunch time i had to call hubby to come home and i kept being sick i couldnt even keep water down so we went back to hospital and this time i was 4cm !!!!!!
so they said i had ot stay in and i was so relieved i needed more pain relief.
they gave me pethidine and i managed to doze off a bit in between contractions but they were getting quite close together now and poor hubby didnt know what to do or say as i was in quite a foul mood.
i went on like this for about 4 hours and then i was examined again at bout 8pm and told i was 8cm now and tht id probably have him by 10pm and i was now crapping myself i think it finally sunk in what was happening.
i was also showed how to use gas an air and it was soooooo good it still hurt but i was tht spaced out in between tht it made it bareable.
hubby then had to go and call my mom to come to hospital as i wanted her there too.

then in what seemed like no time at all my mom was there and i was getting the urge to push but they kept telling me not too so i was trying so hard but my body was pushing anyway which was weird , the midwife had popped out and said pull the ornage cord if we needed her and i had another contraction and i was moaning through it and my mom kept shouting dont push dont push and i was ready to kill her lol
i couldnt not push anymore so i reached down and i could feel his head so i said get the midwife now i can feel his head, so she came back and had a look and only just had time to get her gloves on as he was defintly on his way.

i had to push 3 times and he was out and placed onto my chest, it was the most amazing thing i have ever experienced i still cant believe he came out of me he is lovely.
i had a small tear but didnt need any stitches luckily and hubby cut the cord.

it was incredible and the midwives were fantastic they really helped me through it.

so here are some pics of him i cant believe he is nearly 2 weeks old im so inlove.

Attachments

• 20112009186.jpg
    20112009186.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 48
  • R0013542.jpg
    R0013542.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 44
Congrats he's beautiful. They do grow up so quickly don't they! xx

Beautiful story and gorggeous baby! Congrats to you and your hubby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->