William update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilicat

Mother of two boys
Reaction score
I got asked for an update about William and his Toot Toot animals so I am providing one!

For those who don't know the Toot Toot Animals were William's first ever Christmas request, he has autism, global developmental delay and severe speech and language delay so he can't ask for Christmas presents.

However when ever he say the advert for Toot Toot animals he shouted 'Toot Toot Animals!' and rushed over to the TV. I took it as the first time he had ever make a Christmas wish and posted on here about it because I was so pleased. I was asked to update about his reaction.

He got A Toot Toot Monkey in his stocking and a set of three Toot Toot Animals under the tree. He was so pleased about them, when he got the monkey he kept saying 'a monkey, a monkey' over and over again. When he get the set of three he rushed upstairs to get his monkey so he could hold them all together.

He constantly seems to be trying to carry all four of them somewhere and line them up. He is really, really pleased with them. I am glad I could give him his Christmas wish :happydance:

Resize.jpg

He is also holding his brother's Toot Toot quad bike in this picture.

Success! Glad you got him his Christmas wish x

Aww that's so sweet he must have been so pleased xx

This is so lovely, I know how keen you have must have been for Xmas day to come to wait for his reaction.

My daughter who is also autistic done similar last year, she would always look through the Argos catalogue but never showed a want for anything untill a few weeks before her birthday she kept finding the robot so I took this as her first ask, she was made up when she got it. This year now she has started to talk she she asked for a Peppa pig cake (its play doh) she plays with it all day every day!

Thank you everyone for all the lovely replies :hugs:

My daughter who is also autistic done similar last year, she would always look through the Argos catalogue but never showed a want for anything untill a few weeks before her birthday she kept finding the robot so I took this as her first ask, she was made up when she got it. This year now she has started to talk she she asked for a Peppa pig cake (its play doh) she plays with it all day every day!

That is so cute, it is lovely she was excited. I hope William continues to make requests, it is great to know what he would really love.

I forgot to add I also had a great moment with Thomas as well. He is likely also autistic but at the moment he has only been diagnosed with global developmental delay and severe speech and language delay. He doesn't generally talk.

On Christmas Day he wasn't overly interested in his stocking, he was happy enough running round the room so we let him get on with it while opening his presents to show him. We got to a little toy dustbin lorry and his eyes lit up. He rushed over to it and was carrying it round, cuddling it and saying 'car' (a new word) over and over again. His whole stocking was pretty much cars but that one was clearly special to him.

William is still loving his Toot Toot animals, he brought them down this morning to line up on the sofa.

That's so cute! Really make you proud them moments.
Its taken a year for my daughter to realise she can have things. It went from paying an interest and me getting it to now saying the word, if she doesn't know the word she just makes a 'huh huh' noise! So sweet!
She won't ask if there is too much choice tho! We go to a toy shop and I can offer her all sorts but she just says no to everything, think to much choice is very overwhelming for her.
Everyone says how lucky I am that I can come out of toys r us empty handed but its really not nice, I would love her to want everything in the shop. I have only just found her first interests and she is 4, its numbers, letters and play doh so you can imagine what my lounge was filled with Xmas morning ;-) I've had no ideas what to get the previous years.

I hope your boys continue to shine :)

Nicki01 my son likes numbers and letters as well. Fortunately not Playdoh though (I hate the smell and the little one will eat it), his is numbers, letters and animals.

He would also come out of Toys R Us empty handed, I couldn't explain to him the concept of choose.

That is so brilliant, I am thrilled for you hun! X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back