Wine whine

I don't not drink but i don't drink (iykwim) usually so it would be weird for me to take it up during pregnancy. For me it would just never be worth the risk, my aunt drank and smoked heavily during pregnancy and both her kids are fine, but that was just sheer dumb luck....

I'm the same. I rarely drink when not pregnant so I don't find it hard to stop completely for pregnancy and while I breastfeed. Ironically, I do get the odd yearning for a drink when I'm pregnant. But not enough to make me act on it.
The thing that stops me is that we just don't know what effect small doses of alcohol have. It might be none at all. Or it might be that even the tiniest sip has a tiny effect and they just add up and start to be noticeable in heavy-ish drinkers. Because I don't care about alcohol anyway, it's not worth the risk of baby being even the tiniest bit less healthy than he/she could be. I'm not judging though. The same can be said for fast food and sweets and I can't claim to abstain from those, it would be so hard for me. So I think ultimately every pregnant woman has to weigh up her own happiness and wellbeing against the known and unknown risks of her behaviours. Baby should come first I think but within reason and without making the mother miserable for 9 months.

Didn't have any during 1st trimester.

During last two I had, in total, on different occasions, of course, maybe 5 -6 small glasses of wine, most well diluted with water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->